news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Track Reviews

View Poll Results: Rate PWOWR
Classic 7 53.85%
Banger 4 30.77%
Decent 2 15.38%
Boring 0 0%
Wack 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #31
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fortune Teller

Freestyle piano is a highlight. Killah Priest's lyrics are the other. Very solid offering.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #32
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Think Priest (Good Thoughts)

Hollow echoes and an elegant piano riff highlight this five star melody, but once again, I wish KP was more audible on the verses. Great track though. Excellent hook.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 02-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #33
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Golden Calf

The baby grand piano is playing a huge part on this second disc. Once again it drives the melody, which thankfully doesn't bury KP vocals this time. The percussion stands out, because frankly, much of this is starting to run together at this point. Where disc one was more spacey, this is bathed in classical music.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #34
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Fire Stone

Even though the similarities are there, you can hear disc two coming together with every track. It really makes me think that this was intended to be two different albums. Great use of contrasting high and low piano notes, and voice samples.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #35
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Mentalude (Just my thoughts)

Heavy Mental with a Bamboo flute.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 AM   #36
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Lord Marduk

Shades of 4th Chamber. There is a bit of a heavy metal crossover attempted here. Pretty different than anything else on the disc thus far. Don't know who the African rapper is on the end, but he rips it.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #37
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Music of the Spheres

We've officially gotten spacey again. Odd skipping beat, kind of reminds me of the joke beat Meth made on Stung. Ludacris rode that, and wouldn't ya know it, KP rides this. Sign of a great rapper.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #38
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Anakim Dreams

Pretty repetitive, with a completely unnecessary monologue ending by KP.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #39
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

How I Write

Another visually stimulating effort by KP. The mandolin is a nice touch. There are familiar elements in the backing track, particularly the electric piano, which is a staple sound of KP since Heavy Mental.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #40
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Wubian Nation

Interesting percussion. It's nice to hear a guest after what has been essentially a whole album with just KP.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #41
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

The Document.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

This jazzy dirty offering, uses bongos, horns and bells to give that Streets of San Francisco feel. KP drops another story worthy of it's own movie script.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #42
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Listen to Me

Nostalgic track is driven by KP's lyrical proficiency. The repetitive beat is utterly forgettable.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #43
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Lotus Flower

The beat starts out deconstructed and builds which seems great on the early parts of the verses, but builds so much that by the ends of the verses KP is once again drowned out. I'm guessing I will have to turn the treble way down on this album the next time I listen to it.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #44
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

The Question

I have a question. What the hell is this?

Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #45
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Love is Life

Breezy existential track, is calming, like coming down from a crazy acid trip. I kinda wish it were the closer.