news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
racist randy
Don't grab my jacket dunn

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy
Default Maybe 4th Disciple & True Master FELL OFF........

I see a lot of cats on here whining about why the Wu-Elements aren't being used at all on newer projects and shit like that. Besides the fact that the Wu/Killa Beez might feel that they might've outgrown that sound, Did it ever occur to you that these niggas might've fell off? Seriously. I'm a supporter of 4th Disciple, his work on the Killarmy albums are classic. True Master has gems on that first Sunz of Man LP and more classics under his belt. But maybe the shit they are putting out isn't that great. Someone list the last 10 4th disciple beats, not all that great from what I remember. Same with True Master, that album with KRS ONE wasn't all that great either. Y'all are still judging these men off of their past works and since they don't really drop shit like that you think they're just gonna produce another Wu-Renegades or Killing Fields. You see dudes like Mathematics barely get a mention on here because he constantly put out work so you kind of got to see how his beats weren't the same quality as before as time passed. Maybe people have been hitting them up for beats but they're probably not THAT GOOD at this point. I would honestly rather hear Wu/Killa Beez over a Bronze or a Cilvaringz beat or some new producers at this point, Priest already found Godz Wrath..Rza is one step away from perfecting his sound he created on those Afro Samurai soundtracks but he's too busy with Hollywood it seems so I don't know if he will. Just a thought. I'll put it out there since y'all won't.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'm pretty sure one of them, 4th disciple or true master, is in prison for murder or rape or whatever the hell it was

who did the beats for Priest's upcoming album? sounds banging

and I have faith Cilva will deliver the goods for his project
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
racist randy

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
I'm pretty sure one of them, 4th disciple or true master, is in prison for murder or rape or whatever the hell it was

who did the beats for Priest's upcoming album? sounds banging

and I have faith Cilva will deliver the goods for his project
I somehow have faith in Cilva also lol. True Master is in jail, but what does that have to do with anything? 4th Disciple has one beat on that album lol Like i Said get some new shit like Godz Wrath. Priest is the holy grail
Old 02-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

I agree wit hollow...Another guy who seems to find diamond in the ruff producers is raekwon. Scram Jones, BT, Bronze, Cilva, Alchemist and the new guy Roads Arts have given him wu-like production that has been >>>>>>>than anything rza, 4th and truemaster have put out over the last five years. But with that said i understand why many fans still miss the days of the wu-elements and there trademark gritty/dark/soul production of the 90's....Unfortunately the 90's is over and most of these producers dont seem to give a shit right now so why should we?
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I personally think True Master is one of those Wu artists, like Killa Sin, who never fell off.

But as for why artists like him aren't utilised much these days (jail aside), I just think it's to do a lot with being able to get in touch with these people and also an influx of producers in recent years.

Why would an artist, like Ghost say, put a project on hold so he can chase someone like like True or 4th for a beat when he's probably got 20+ sound-a-like producers knocking on his door with beats to choose from.

This clip kinda proves my point, Priest saying he wants to work with 4th but doesn't sound like he has a clue on how to get in touch, lol...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Last edited by Sky Blue Bally Kid; 02-17-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

You're right, they fell off. More victims of the new times. Some artists still keep up, but for a lot of 90s artists this era changes their whole approach. 4th Disciple and Tru Master right now are probably average at best. Bronze Nazareth already fell off imo and he couldn't keep up for more than a couple of years. In Cilvaringz I do believe we can get great things. I'm familiar with Godz Wrath cause they're from Holland and they do put out good music indeed. Around here they don't seem to appreciate Godz Wrath music tho. Moongod is also constantly putting out music at the time, working with Dutch artists. I believe people said he stopped working on music, but that's definitely not true.

Right now a good thing to do for a Wu-Tang artist is working with producers that are not associated with the killerbees. J Rawls, Fat Jon, Madlib (happened, but has to continue happening) and Adrian Younge (same reason as Madlib). I'm not talking about a group album tho, even if it happens it should be all RZA imo with some top Killa bees involvement. On solo's Wu-Tang should work with others which is the best thing to do right now.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #7
racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post

But as for why artists like him aren't utilised much these days (jail aside), I just think it's to do a lot with being able to get in touch with these people and also an influx of producers in recent years.

Why would an artist, like Ghost say, put a project on hold so he can chase someone like like True or 4th for a beat when he's probably got 20+ sound-a-like producers knocking on his door with beats to choose from.

This clip kinda proves my point, Priest saying he wants to work with 4th but doesn't sound like he has a clue on how to get in touch, lol...
This could be true, but at the same time if Ghost or whoever is putting up a good amount of money, there's no way they should be hiding that long, especially if they need it.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 AM   #8
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
This could be true, but at the same time if Ghost or whoever is putting up a good amount of money, there's no way they should be hiding that long, especially if they need it.
I don't think it's that they're hiding as such, I just don't think a lot of these old school artists know the first thing about marketing themselves in this day and age, and getting their name out there.

- KP -
Old 02-18-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
racist randy

Quote:
I don't think it's that they're hiding as such, I just don't think a lot of these old school artists know the first thing about marketing themselves in this day and age, and getting their name out there.
But still, you're gonna tell me that they can't get in contact with certain wu-fam through other people? Idk man, but I get your point. Alot of people think that if they produce heavily on a project or 2 its gonna be like the classic shit, I'm here to tell you that ain't happening lol
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

they did

still can make good music, but not close to their primes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #11
TRUEMANSHOW
Banned

TRUEMANSHOW shaolin monk

true master didnt fell off that he prooved with the krs one album 4th disciple on the other hand i understand him if hes bringing the heat hes homeless wtf you expect him to do..get wack like rza and make millions thats what hes prolly guessing
TRUEMANSHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
But still, you're gonna tell me that they can't get in contact with certain wu-fam through other people? Idk man, but I get your point. Alot of people think that if they produce heavily on a project or 2 its gonna be like the classic shit, I'm here to tell you that ain't happening lol
Yeah, I guess they could get in touch if they really wanted, I'd imagine people like the generals view 4th/True differently than people on this board though. I reckon they're seen as just producers they've worked with in the past, a long time ago, and nothing more, rather than someone who could create a masterpiece for them these days. It's all to do with developing as an artist...

- KP -
Old 02-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

Quote:
Yeah, I guess they could get in touch if they really wanted, I'd imagine people like the generals view 4th/True differently than people on this board though. I reckon they're seen as just producers they've worked with in the past, a long time ago, and nothing more, rather than someone who could create a masterpiece for them these days. It's all to do with developing as an artist...
I agree with this.
All very vlaid points said here. Imo I dont think they have fallen off, they are just not in demand anymore. Why remains a ? to me but I can understand that Wu wants to branch out & work with other artists/producers as well.

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
racist randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTIS69 View Post
I agree with this.
All very vlaid points said here. Imo I dont think they have fallen off, they are just not in demand anymore. Why remains a ? to me but I can understand that Wu wants to branch out & work with other artists/producers as well.
You don't think they fell off? Have you heard the latest beats from these niggas.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
Park

Park grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
You're right, they fell off. More victims of the new times. Some artists still keep up, but for a lot of 90s artists this era changes their whole approach. 4th Disciple and Tru Master right now are probably average at best. Bronze Nazareth already fell off imo and he couldn't keep up for more than a couple of years. In Cilvaringz I do believe we can get great things.
4th, True, Math - I must agree. They fell off. Their latest beats aren't nearly at the level of their past works. The only two who are killing it are Bronze Nazareth and Cilvaringz. I don't think BN fell off at all, the new Phillie album is FIRE, he glued that album together very nicely with the Katt skits. I trust Cilvaringz will come with some heat just off the names we all love too see. Judging from those clips he's shown us it wlil be epic.
Park is offline   Reply With Quote