news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-29-2014, 04:19 AM   #46
#StonerSloth
Fuck the King

#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The thread title and OP don't really match. If I were going off the thread title then

Gil Scott-Heron - Small Talk at 125th and Lenox
James Brown - Gold
Miles Davis - On The Corner
The Soul of Spanish Harlem (compilation)
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Exodus
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Linton Kwesi Johnson - Forces of Victory
Scientist - Rids The World of The Evil Curse of The Vampires
Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey

But the essential hip hop albums that all hip hop fans must have or appreciate? Well, every so called hip hop fan should have Illmatic, Criminal Minded, Paid in Full etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
#StonerSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:04 AM   #47
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Redman-Whut Thee Album, Dare Iz A Darkside
Erick Sermon-No Pressure
Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Wu Tang Clan-Enter The Wu Tang(36 Chambers)
Dr Dre-The Chronic
Geto Boys-Till Death Do Us Part
Nas-Illmatic
Too Short-Shorty The Pimp
Ice Cube-Death Certificate

Here's a few more albums I love

EPMD-Back In Business
Erick Sermon-Double Or Nothing
Redman-Muddy Waters
Compton's Most Wanted-Music To Driveby
Notorious Big-Ready To Die
Gang Starr-Daily Operation, Hard To Earn, Moment Of Truth
2Pac-2Pacalypse Now, Strictly 4 My Niggaz
Ice T-Home Invasion
Black Moon-Enta Da Stage
Smif and Wessun-Da Shinin
Geto Boys-We Can't Be Stopped, The Resurrection
Scarface-Mr Scarface Is Back, The World Is Yours
NWA-Straight Outta Compton, Niggaz4life
MC Ren-Kiss My Black Azz, Shock Of The Hour
Jeru The Damaja-The Sun Rises In The East
M.O.P.-Firing Squad
KRS One-Criminal Minded, The Blueprint, Edutainment, Sex And Violence, Return Of The Boom Bap, KRS One, Kristyles
Naughty By Nature-19 Naughty III, Poverty's Paradise
Ice Cube-Amerikka's Most Wanted
Camron-Come Home With Me
Ludacris-Back For The First Time
Too Short-Get In Where You Fit In
Menace II Society soundtrack
New Jack City soundtrack
Boyz N The Hood soundtrack
Rhyme And Reason soundtrack
Trespass soundtrack
The Cru-Da Dirty 30
Onyx-Bacdafucup, All We Got Iz Us
LL Cool J-Radio, Bigger And Deffer, Walking With A Panther, Mama Said Knock You Out, Mr Smith, The GOAT
Eric B and Rakim-Paid In Full
Common-Can I Borrow A Dollar, Resurrection
Whodini-Escape, Back In Black
Run DMC-Run DMC, King Of Rock, Raising Hell, Down With The King
Mobb Deep-The Infamous, Murda Musik, Blood Money
Get Rich Or Die Tryin soundtrack
Westside Connection-Bow Down
Lost Boyz-Legal Drug Money

About that life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #48
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Somebody should do a topic saying what's your favorite r&b albums. Here's my favorite.

1. Kool and the Gang-Ladies Night, Something Special, Emergency
2. Earth Wind and Fire-Gratitude, That's The Way Of The World, All N All, Faces, Raise, Powerlight
3. Cameo-Feel Me, Secret Omen, She's Strange, Single Life, Word Up, Alligator Woman
4. Dazz Band-Keep It Live, Joystick, Jukebox
5. The Gap Band-Gap Band III, Gap Band IV, Gap Band V, Gap Band VI
6. The Deele-Street Beat
7. Midnight Star-No Parking On The Dance Floor, Planetary Invasion
8. Lakeside-Untouchables
9. The Jacksons-The Jacksons(Enjoy Yourself and Show You The Way To Go are on this album), Destiny, Triumph, Victory
10. Maze and Frankie Beverly-We Are One, Silky Soul
11. Zapp-Zapp II, Zapp III
12. Michael Jackson-Off The Wall, Thriller
13. Prince-1999
14. Rick James-Cold Blooded
15. The Time-The Time, What Time Is It
16. Stevie Wonder-Jungle Fever soundtrack, Hotter Than July
17. Jermaine Jackson-Let's Get Serious, Jermaine Jackson(Dynamite and Do What You Do are on this album)
18. The Dramatics-Shake It Well, Any Time Any Place
19. Teddy Pendergrass-Teddy Pendergrass(this was his first album and it came out in 1977)
20. Con Funk Shun-To The Max, Fever
21. The Whispers-Love Is Where You Find It
22. The Isley Brothers-The Heat Is On, Harvest For The World, Go For Your Guns, Showdown, Go All The Way, Between The Sheets
23. Raydio-Two Places At The Same Time

About that life

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #49
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Somebody should do a topic saying what's your favorite r&b albums. Here's my favorite.

1. Kool and the Gang-Ladies Night, Something Special, Emergency
2. Earth Wind and Fire-Gratitude, That's The Way Of The World, All N All, Faces, Raise, Powerlight
3. Cameo-Feel Me, Secret Omen, She's Strange, Single Life, Word Up, Alligator Woman
4. Dazz Band-Keep It Live, Joystick, Jukebox
5. The Gap Band-Gap Band III, Gap Band IV, Gap Band V, Gap Band VI
6. The Deele-Street Beat
7. Midnight Star-No Parking On The Dance Floor, Planetary Invasion
8. Lakeside-Untouchables
9. The Jacksons-The Jacksons(Enjoy Yourself and Show You The Way To Go are on this album), Destiny, Triumph, Victory
10. Maze and Frankie Beverly-We Are One, Silky Soul
11. Zapp-Zapp II, Zapp III
12. Michael Jackson-Off The Wall, Thriller
13. Prince-1999
14. Rick James-Cold Blooded
15. The Time-The Time, What Time Is It
16. Stevie Wonder-Jungle Fever soundtrack, Hotter Than July
17. Jermaine Jackson-Let's Get Serious, Jermaine Jackson(Dynamite and Do What You Do are on this album)
18. The Dramatics-Shake It Well, Any Time Any Place
19. Teddy Pendergrass-Teddy Pendergrass(this was his first album and it came out in 1977)
20. Con Funk Shun-To The Max, Fever
21. The Whispers-Love Is Where You Find It
22. The Isley Brothers-The Heat Is On, Harvest For The World, Go For Your Guns, Showdown, Go All The Way, Between The Sheets
23. Raydio-Two Places At The Same Time
Yes.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

Lee Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:41 AM   #50
CharlesJones
-

Those are the only 2 albums you like from that list? LOL. You need to listen to those other albums I posted because they're good.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #51
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

No man, I know quite a few of the other albums but it's just I'm surprised at the hate Prince & The Time usually get on this forum. So when you put 3 albums in your favorites list I was feeling very positive.

I like a lot of Zapp, Isley Brothers, Dramatics, Kool & The Gang and Earth Wind & Fire songs/albums. But I'm not familiar with some of the other bands you posted. Will check them out on YouTube this week.

They should make a movie about Zapp. So much drama.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:37 AM   #52
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Public Enemy - "It Takes A Nation.." or "Fear of a Black Planet"
Scarface - "The Diary", "The Fix" ior that 1996 GETO BOYS
Gang Starr - "Daily Operation"
OutKast - "ATliens" or "Aquemini"
Madlib & Blue Note Records - "Shades Of Blue"
Raekwon - "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..."
Shwowbiz / AG - "Runaway Slave"
Diamond D - "Stunts, BLUNTS & HIP HOP"
Nas - "illmatic"llll

damn this is though to say the least

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #53
CharlesJones
-

5th State, check out Jesse Johnson's interview with Donnie Simpson on BET's Video Soul on Youtube because he talked about how bad Prince treated The Time. Jesse played lead guitar in The Time. It's funny you mentioned The Dramatics. I wish you could see their Do What You Wanna Do album pictures. On the album cover, they're in a elevator with a cute black woman and they're making facial expressions because she's hot LOL. On the back of the album, they're laid out and sleep while the woman is walking outta the elevator LOL. So when i looked at the album sleeve pictures, she had sex with them separately hahahahahahahahahahaha. Here's some other r&b albums i like.

1. Keith Sweat-Make It Last Forever
2. Bobby Brown-Don't Be Cruel
3. The Commodores-The Commodores(Brick House, Easy, Zoom were on this album), Midnight Magic
4. Lionel Richie-Can't Slow Down
5. Tony Toni Tone-The Revival
6. Luther Vandross-Never Too Much, Forever For Always For Love, Busy Body, The Night I Fell In Love, Give Me The Reason
7. Jeffrey Osborne-Jeffrey Osborne, Stay With Me Tonight, Don't Stop
8. New Edition-Candy Girl, New Edition(Cool It Now and Mr Telephone Man are on this album.)
9. Bell Biv Devoe-Poison
10. The Ojays-Family Reunion, So Full Of Love

Here's some more rap albums i like.

1. Black Sheep-A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing
2. Sunset Park soundtrack
3. New Jersey Drive soundtrack
4. Das EFX-Dead Serious, Straight Up Sewaside, Hold It Down
5. College Boyz-Radio Fusion Radio
6. The Pharcyde-LabCabinCalifornia, Bizarre Ride II The Pharcyde
7. Nice and Smooth-Ain't A Damn Thing Changed
8. Kool G Rap-4,5,6
9. The Alkaholiks-Likwidation

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2014, 12:43 PM   #54
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

^^Prince did treat The Time very poorly (Prince is cheap when it comes to paying artists). On the other hand, Jesse Johnson loves drama so they were always going to be a bad match. Jesse left The Time again after their reunion album 'Condensate'. That guy is usually trouble. He is very self centered. But he remains a great guitar player.

CharlesJones and also ShaDynasty, have you checked out 'Condensate'? It has an updated version of the Minneapolis sound, it's really good. It's up their with their best work. (Much better than 'Ice Cream Castles'.)

One of the singles.

Good guitar playing by Jesse on this album track.

Sorry about going slightly off topic here.

Back on topic...
@claaa7 : excellent list. 'The Fix' is a modern day classic. And 'Fear of a Black Planet' is the first rap album I ever heard. It had quite an impact on me. Also has one of the coolest album covers ever.
@CharlesJones : good call on those soundtracks. OSTs are often overlooked when it comes to lists.

Last edited by Lee Towers; 10-30-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #55
CharlesJones
-

Those Time songs you posted, i don't like those. I listened to the album when it came out and i was disappointed. It's probably their worst album. They did a album called Pandemonium that i haven't heard but i remember their first single Jerk Out which is alright. Jesse Johnson has done several solo albums but i only heard 2 of them called Jesse Johnson's Revue and Shockadelica. Jesse Johnson's Revue is good and that's his first album. I like the songs Be Your Man, I Want My Girl, Just Too Much, Let's Have Some Fun, Can You Help Me. He did videos for Be Your Man and I Want My Girl. Shockadelica album sucked. He wore pink clothes on Jesse Johnson's Revue album pictures LOL. He also wore pink clothes on The Time's Ice Cream Castle album pictures LOL. Did you see what i said about The Dramatics Do What You Wanna Do album pictures? I've never seen pictures like that before with 5 black men fucking a black woman separately in a elevator LOL.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2014, 01:40 PM   #56
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

^^Yes, that elevator story was quite entertaining 'Pandemonium' was okay but not spectacular.

Old 10-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #57
CharlesJones
-

Yeah i see The Time had to change their name to The Original Seven because Prince has the rights to the Time name. He probably would've sued them if they had used the Time name on their last album LOL. Prince is a faggot. He sued MC Hammer for sampling his When Doves Cry song on Pray. Then again i might be wrong but i think i heard from somebody that he sued MC Hammer. I know Rick James sued MC Hammer for sampling his Superfreak song on You Can't Touch This. These r&b singers piss me off suing rappers for sampling their music because their asses are broke LOL. Ain't nothing wrong with rappers sampling r&b music.

Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz were sued by Steely Dan for sampling their Black Cow song on Deja Vu. Steely Dan probably don't even listen to rap LOL. They probably had some friends who listen to rap and when they heard Deja Vu, they told Steely Dan. Steely Dan said oooh let's make some money and sue them LOL. Peter Gunz made me laugh when he talked about them on Vlad tv and he said Steely Dan are 2 old white men named Donald Fagen and Walter Becker LOL. L.J. Reynolds who's the lead singer of The Dramatics, i met his son at a family reunion cookout in Detroit in 2001 and his son looks just like him. His son is the boyfriend of my female cousin and i have several relatives in Detroit.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #58
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

^^Your post reminded me of Biz Markie being sued for sampling. I think that was the first instance of such a lawsuit. I wonder if hiphop would sound very different if no sampling pay up laws were in place.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #59
CharlesJones
-

Rap would sound different if rappers didn't sample r&b music. Back in the day when rap first started, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Fat Boys, Kurtis Blow, Whodini, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five didn't sample at all. First time i heard rappers sample r&b music was when Eric B and Rakim, EPMD and other late 80's and 90's rappers came out. I don't think NWA used any r&b samples on Straight Outta Compton album. Ice T and Too Short's first albums didn't have any r&b samples either. I think r&b singers need to stop complaining about rappers sampling their music without their permission because rappers are showing them respect. Parliament/Funkadelic has probably been sampled the most by rappers. I did hear about George Clinton suing De La Soul for sampling Funkadelic's Not Just Knee Deep on Me Myself And I song. I wonder why he hasn't sued other rappers because he's been sampled a lot especially his Atomic Dog song.

About that life

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #60
CharlesJones
-

Yeah i remember Biz Markie's All Samples Cleared album. He sampled some r&b songs on there LOL. Have you seen his Let Me Turn You On video from that album? That's a funny song and he was dressed up like a woman in the video hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He sampled McFadden and Whitehead's Ain't No Stopping Us Now on Let Me Turn You On.

About that life

Quote:
Quote: