news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #16
Crackhead Bob
Lesbian Flamingo

Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Crackhead Bob Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Holy shit bro, that's crazy! No wonder you can write so extensively about your thoughts on the albums. You must've grown up with them eh? How many times you listened to Tical and Ironman/Supreme Clientele?

I think production plays a VERY important role in replayability. Even if the dopest rhymes are being spit, if the beats are weak/uninteresting, it won't age well and thus won't be very replayable. This makes sense when you look at the early Wu-Tang albums because RZAs production back then was just raw and unique.
Well, Ironman was in constant rotation, I remember that, But I wore out my Supreme Clientele cd in 1 year. In 2000 I must've listened to it 3 times a day for the entire year.

I was a freshman in high school when 36 Chambers came out, so in essence, yes I grew up with them.

Crackhead Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #17
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Well, Ironman was in constant rotation, I remember that, But I wore out my Supreme Clientele cd in 1 year. In 2000 I must've listened to it 3 times a day for the entire year.

I was a freshman in high school when 36 Chambers came out, so in essence, yes I grew up with them.
Damn, you're lucky bro. I mean, I'm a senior in high school now and we've got great hip hop now, but to experience the whole rise of the Wu must've been something else.

And I didn't even know it was possible to wear out a CD! Did it get scratched from all the handling?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #18
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

It depends on the album.

Usually a week of non stop playing gives me a good indication if I like it or not.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #19
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
I listened to old Wu albums 80+ times at least

Aesop Rock's Labor Days is a good album indeed. I like his abstract lyrics. What does a lyrical play mean though, does it even exist?

I listen to an album as long as it entertains me, sometimes 3 times other times 20+ times. It depends on the quality and the longevity.
this

like I've heard Fantastic Volume 2 like 300 times, same for Wu Forever, Moment of Truth

I'll put one of those on any morning and be happy, it'd be too hard to count

but to take an album that I copped and wasn't enamored with but enjoyed, I liked Saigon's Greatest Story Never Told (1), and heard it probably ten times. Certain songs off it many times that.

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #20
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
It depends on the album.

Usually a week of non stop playing gives me a good indication if I like it or not.
So in that week of focused playing, do you listen to solely that album, or do you intersperse it with other albums?
Old 03-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #21
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

depends on what i am in the mood for

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #22
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
So in that week of focused playing, do you listen to solely that album, or do you intersperse it with other albums?

That depends.
For instance the album PWOWR I listened to it non stop the entire week. Something about it was off to me and I could not place it, so I listened to other albums that weekend and then came back to the PWOWR and was able to pinpoint what I thought was off.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTER PAI MEI View Post
That depends.
For instance the album PWOWR I listened to it non stop the entire week. Something about it was off to me and I could not place it, so I listened to other albums that weekend and then came back to the PWOWR and was able to pinpoint what I thought was off.
Which disc did you like better Master Pai?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #24
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

How can someone know how many times they have listened to an album? Ive had 36 Chambers and the like since i was 13 and ive heard them fuckin loads of times fuck knows if its hundreds or thousands.

I dont listen to an albums as many times nowadays as i did when i was younger. Back then i didnt have fuck all money so the little that i did have went on 1 album and id listen to that shit over and over again, wheras now i have the coin ta buy a few and i dont have as much time to listen to them over and over again.

If an album doesnt hit me after 5-6 listens or has wack fuckin beats then i am not listening to it again.

^sick as FUCK
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #25
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
this

like I've heard Fantastic Volume 2 like 300 times, same for Wu Forever, Moment of Truth

I'll put one of those on any morning and be happy, it'd be too hard to count

but to take an album that I copped and wasn't enamored with but enjoyed, I liked Saigon's Greatest Story Never Told (1), and heard it probably ten times. Certain songs off it many times that.
Damn, that's a lot of Fantastic Vol. 2 plays. Album truly has the most incredible beats. I'm glad they did a reissue in 2010 with instrumentals. I like SV raps, but they are clearly not as good as Wu-Tang for example. I'm listening to the instrumentals for months now. Definitely didn't listen to it as much as you, but the instrumental version will get there haha.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #26
JASPER BEARDLY
Fan of the real

JASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of furyJASPER BEARDLY fist of fury

everyone in sv was real nice on the mic man. they spit about real world stuff

t3 baatin elzhi jd

such underrated mcs

those guys just make me happy when they spit on the right beat

i've prob heard instrumentals like 50 times too lol

RIP
JASPER BEARDLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #27
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

If a producer uses heartbeats instead of kicks you know he's the greatest.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #28
soul controller
Yammich maeker

soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont know how many times ive listened to say G&E or the takeover, or G&E vol 2.. or heroes...

i use to have those cd's/playlists on repeat all day.. in my car, in my house.. and i made sure friends had copies.. lulz..

countless times.. i still listen to them

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

soul controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAMELA YAMDERSON View Post
i dont know how many times ive listened to say G&E or the takeover, or G&E vol 2.. or heroes...

i use to have those cd's/playlists on repeat all day.. in my car, in my house.. and i made sure friends had copies.. lulz..

countless times.. i still listen to them
lol, I wish I had friends who made sure I had the latest and greatest albums haha
Old 03-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #30
soul controller
Yammich maeker

soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)soul controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i wouldnt say latest and greatest,

i use to pick tunes that i thought they would like.. (a few liked the old wu.. but they was never into them like me)

i dont do latest anymore.. i just stick to the latest albums by the artists i like.. lol

out the wu albums. i think heavy mental is my most played album..(without skipping any tracks)

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

soul controller is offline   Reply With Quote