news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
LiveFast

LiveFast shaolin monk
Default GFK/Adrian Younge "The Sure Shot" / Album Info & Tour Dates

GHOSTFACE KILLAH & ADRIAN YOUNGE ANNOUNCE

THE TWELVE REASONS TO DIE NATIONAL TOUR

NEW ALBUM AVAILABLE APRIL 16 VIA SOUL TEMPLE RECORDS

Free Download/Stream "The Sure Shot [parts 1 and 2]":

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/...-parts-1-and-2

YouTube Stream Link: http://youtu.be/s0LiXRT3TCw

New York, NY (March 5, 2013) – Ghostface Killah and Adrian Younge announce the Twelve Reasons To Die Tour in support of their new album to be released via Soul Temple Records distributed by RED Music on April 16. Ghostface Killah will perform backed by Adrian Younge’s band Venice Dawn. The 49 city national tour kicks off on March 14th at SXSW in Austin TX and will run thru early June. A full listing of tour dates can be found below and at VeniceDawn.com.

Twelve Reasons To Die, a groundbreaking concept album conceived and created by Younge that follows Tony Starks (one of Ghostface’s alter egos), as a soldier for the 12 Delucas, a 1960’s-era Italian crime family. But when Starks leaves the family, an epic story unfolds like a vintage horror film with gangster elements. It’s a gritty story of good verse evil that walks the line of the supernatural accented by Ghostface’s grandiose, vivid storytelling.

Sonically, Younge constructs a distinct aural realm for Twelve Reasons To Die. It’s music based on the break, the sonic foundation of hip-hop culture. But Younge traverses new ground by incorporating elements of what a composer would have used while making music in the 1960s: live strings, horns and drums. He also recorded the songs on 2-inch tape, giving each track a sonic heft and depth virtually non-existent in modern music.

This is the third release from Soul Temple Records, a company whose mission is to release quality music coupled with packages engaging multiple elements of the creative community.

With Ghosface’s riveting stories and Younge’s deft arrangements, Twelve Reasons To Die arrives as an event record, a modern throwback to rap’s Golden Era. “I wanted this album to be the album that went back and started things all over,” Younge says. “I wanted to be the first person to really bring this to hip-hop. I want to bring that organic element back to hip-hop. I’m fortunate enough that I was chosen to be that person to do it.”

Wu-Tang Clan architect RZA was the one who chose Younge for this musical mission. As executive producer of the project, RZA added his touch to the album by providing Younge with suggestions, direction and the confidence to execute his vision at the highest level.

The album will be available in various configurations including a standard CD, a deluxe double CD with instrumentals and a mini comic book, plus a digital deluxe version with instrumentals and digital comic book, multiple vinyl formats and a cassette. The album, including limited edition deluxe bundles, is available for pre-order at soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com.

To visually flesh out the dark and gritty world of Twelve Reasons, Soul Temple Records has partnered with Black Mask Studios to produce a 6-issue comic book series and collected graphic novel featuring striking visuals and an intriguing dual-narrative structure with contributions from a host of stellar comic book artists.

Twelve Reasonsis the latest landmark chapter in the career of Ghostface Killah. Since emerging in 1993 as one of the most mysterious members of the rap supergroup Wu-Tang Clan, the man also known as Tony Starks has become one of rap’s most charismatic and flamboyant artists. His distinctive vocabulary and vivid storytelling made his Ironman and Supreme Clientele albums two of the most revered releases of their eras.

Adrian Younge represents the next generation of black music producers. His acclaimed Something About April album from his group Venice Dawn is a high note on a resume that also includes composing the music for the acclaimed film Black Dynamite and an album with the legendary soul group The Delfonics.

“I want to be known as a composer, not a beat-maker,” he says. “I want to be known as a composer for modern soul music.” Younge’s background has made him particular about how he’s viewed.

With Twelve Reasons To Die, Ghostface Killah and Adrian Younge have delivered the next level of modern soul music. It’s an experience that contains classic musicianship from a hip-hop perspective buoyed by rhymes from one of rap’s elite wordsmiths wrapped up in a genre-defining concept album.

“I want this album to change what people think about hip-hop,” Younge says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ArtDon’tSleep presents The Twelve Reasons To Die Tour

Ghostface Killah with Adrian Younge’s Venice Dawn

March 28th-June 2nd

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Thursday, March 28, Los Angeles, CA., Mayan Theatre

*Saturday, March 30, World Wide, Boiler Room

*Sunday, March 31, San Louis Obisbo, SLO Brewary

*Wednesday, April 3, Fresno, CA., Fulton 55

*Thursday, April 4, San Francisco, CA., 1015 Folsom

*Friday, April 5, Orangevale, CA., The Boardwalk

*Saturday, April 6, Redway, CA., Mateel Community Center

*Tuesday, April 9, Eugene Or., WOW Hall

*Wednesday, April 10, Portland, OR., Mississippi Studios

*Thursday, April 11, Seattle, WA., Neumos

*Friday, April 12, Spokane, WA., Knitting Factory

*Saturday, April 13, Boise, ID., Knitting Factory

*Tuesday, April 16, Park City, UT., Park City Live

*Friday, April 19, Denver, CO., Summit Music Hall

*Saturday, April 20, Aspen, CO., Belly Up

*Thursday, April 25, Lawrence, KS., Granada Theater

*Friday, April 26, Chicago, IL., The Abbey Pub

*Saturday, April 27, St Louis, MO., Cherokee Performing Arts Center

*Sunday, April 28, Cleveland Hts, OH., Grog Shop

*Tuesday, April 30, Detroit, MI., St. Andrews

*Wednesday, May 1, Grand Rapids, MI., The Pyramid Scheme

*Thursday, May 2, Bloomington, IN., The Bluebird

*Friday, May 3, Columbus, OH. A&R Room

*Saturday, May 4, Pittsburgh, PA., Mr. Smalls Theatre

*Sunday, May 5, Syracuse, NY., The Westcott Theatre

*Tuesday, May 7, South Burlington, VT., Higher Ground Music

*Wednesday, May 8, Portland, ME., Port City Music Hall

*Thursday, May 9, Boston, MA., The Wilbur

*Friday, May 10, New Haven, CT., Toads Place

*Saturday, May 11, Providence, RI., The Met

*Sunday, May 12th, Philadelphia, PA., The Blockley

*Monday, May 13, NYC, NY., Gramercy Theatre

*Tuesday, May 14, Baltimore, MD. Soundstage

*Thursday, May 16, Caborro, NC., Cats Cradle

*Friday, May 17, Asheville, NC. Ashville Music Hall

*Saturday, May 18, Atlanta, GA., Terminal West

*Sunday May 19, Tampa Bay, FL., The Orpheum

*Monday, May 20, New Orleans, LA., House Of Blues

*Wednesday, May 22, Austin, TX., Emos
LiveFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Thanks, the song is dope, particularly the second part

Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
FasterBlade
Veteran Member

FasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venomsFasterBlade five deadly venoms

2nd half of this is ridiculous
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I like the breakbeat, the sound is definitely what I like most about what I heard so far. When the beat changes Ghost kills it.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

This album sounds serious ! wow. Im loving it.
Shaolin Bloody Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

shit sounding great, Ghostface killing this shit, man just gets better with time.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

This album is going to be so great...

Adrian Younge + Ghostface is the best thing to happen since RZA + Ghostface.
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The second part is good, not great. The first part is an embarrassment.
Over percussed. If these two songs (Rise of GFK) are the best this album has to offer, we're in trouble.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #9
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
The second part is good, not great. The first part is an embarrassment.
Over percussed. If these two songs (Rise of GFK) are the best this album has to offer, we're in trouble.
You have too much wax in your ears. Why don't you go bump some Lil' B or Young Berg. This is as real as it gets. First part is a 8.5/10. the second part 9.5/10. Fuck what you think biatchhhhhh

Last edited by Shaolin Bloody Sword; 03-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #10
LEGENDARYSTATUS33
Son of the Egyptian Blood

LEGENDARYSTATUS33 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to LEGENDARYSTATUS33

Just orders the collector's pack....that shit is crazy! only 55.00 a steal
LEGENDARYSTATUS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Bloody Sword View Post
You have too much wax in your ears. Why don't you go bump some Lil' B or Young Berg. This is as real as it gets. This track is a 9/10. the second part 9.5/10. Fuck what you think biatchhhhhh
yea, you're a faggot. This would be a throwaway track on PWOWR and you know it so stop dickriding.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
Old 03-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGENDARYSTATUS33 View Post
Just orders the collector's pack....that shit is crazy! only 55.00 a steal
Can't you fucking morons see that this project has absolutely nothing to do with the music and everything about you buying a bunch of extra worthless shit?

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #13
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

When the beat changed up my face almost melted!!! Too fuckin good yo

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #14
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
Can't you fucking morons see that this project has absolutely nothing to do with the music and everything about you buying a bunch of extra worthless shit?
Not everyone is broke like you. Real fans like us will support. I bought that KP abum and i love it. KP, Ghost and them are reppin' the same crew. Saying that this track would be throw away tracks on PWOWR is plain stupid. You dont have to buy it if you dont like it; idiot.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #15
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

oh my god, this is fucking insane!!