news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
buying a digital album doesn't make you feel like you own it. gotta have it in your hands, gotta see the cover art and booklet

fuck it, I just hate this generation. that's it
Im not saying that's a bad thing. I'm just pointing out consumption habits have changed, and you can legally purchase something + download it.

This isn't the early 2000's anymore when revenue from digital goods was non existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:10 AM   #17
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"assumed Adrian was doing the whole thing"

Me too but Bob Perry & Andrew Kelley will have some input in this LP. "Rise of GFK" was produced by Adrian Younge, Bob Perry & Andrew Kelley and has certain Chamber Music elements in that track.
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #18
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

I don't like buying digital music. I prefer CD or wax only and I really don't give a fuck what y'all think about it. I just don't wanna buy digital-music 'cus it ain't make you owner. And y'all right saying that we should support Wu and buy their albums, but I live in Poland and sometimes it's very expensive to buy a few albums from USA...

I wish Killah Priest, U-God and others less well-known rappers (I mean mainstram) should have better promotion and distribution 'cus I've been trying to buy "Dopium" for years and I've never seen it in my country....

I don't live In USA, but I think it's easy to buy albums there 'cus most of rappers I listen to live there

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Last edited by soob; 03-06-2013 at 03:51 AM.
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM   #19
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I enjoy having the physical copy of my albums too. Own over 50 wu Projects on physical copies.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #20
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

i always make the point to buy a cd when its a classic. it just doesn't feel right listening to an album i love on mp3.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #21
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

pressed copies will never be replaced.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
Sparrow Daene
PRODIGAL SUN

Sparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venomsSparrow Daene five deadly venoms

also i can't trust somebody else to encode the files for me. overall compression, narrowing the stereo image to make it a few kb smaller, etc.

people think they're getting 320kbps on a torrent, meanwhile it's sourced from a shitty itunes version. no thanks.
Sparrow Daene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #23
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yall sound like old and bitter young people

i believe that Wu will release some shit that's gonna give nigahs charlie horses on they foreheads real soon. them nigahs ain't stupid.

i have faith that they know what they doing

they may have to update the way they release and distribute the art though - we livin in some very different times

i'm an old head - i used to mix on belt drives - but mp3s/wavs is the shit - i love this iLL ass digital age.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #24
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

"gonna give nigahs charlie horses on they foreheads"

The visual of this made my laugh hard!
Old 03-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post
i always make the point to buy a cd when its a classic. it just doesn't feel right listening to an album i love on mp3.
You do realize there is literally no difference?

The audio data is stored magnetically on your beloved, flimsy, piece of shit CD and its also stored magnetically on a hard drive when downloaded.

I really don't see the appeal of chinese made plastic jewel cases.

Are you guys autistic? Do you need to grip and squeeze a physical item in order to enjoy the music?

Vinyl is the only thing worth collecting if you are infatuated with album art.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

^
That's why I buy things on wax. I won't buy PWOWR until it comes out on vinyl.

I enjoy playing it on a turntable, just putting the needle on there and wait until the record is finished. The sound is also very warm. I don't like CD's though.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #27
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's kind of funny seeing people here getting sentimental about CD's - in terms of what the product is and the audio qaulity. The audio on CD's is of a limited frequency - you can get digital files that are almost the same quality (frequency range) as vinyl - so i don't really know what the fuck you people are talking about.

I only buy vinyl and digital now, i own over 400 hip hop album on CD, all of which i bought prior to 2006 and they are a massive fucking waste of space.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #28
soob
PRODIGAL SUN

soob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal sonsoob prodigal son

To me Wax > CD and. I love to listen Wu on wax. It sounds kinda ill and if ya ain't hear it on wax you can't compare it

But I buy CD too. I just don't buy music in digital (I did it a few times only cus I had to)

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)
soob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #29
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

i don't got a problem wit the live band aspect it sounds dope, i do need to get czarface
Old 03-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #30
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
You do realize there is literally no difference?

The audio data is stored magnetically on your beloved, flimsy, piece of shit CD and its also stored magnetically on a hard drive when downloaded.

I really don't see the appeal of chinese made plastic jewel cases.

Are you guys autistic? Do you need to grip and squeeze a physical item in order to enjoy the music?

Vinyl is the only thing worth collecting if you are infatuated with album art.
emphatically this
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote