news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Sopranos revisited

other than catching an episode here or there oh HBO or A&E, i haven't really watched the sopranos since it was on back in the day.

with in the last couple months, i watched the series the whole way through and fuck if it didn't get better the second time.

i have a much better appreciation for a lot of the characters, especially uncle junior. he got a lot of great subtle lines that i missed the first time through.

paulie walnuts will always be the God though.

best episode ever... the pine barrens.

any thoughts?

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I missed out on Sopranos during it's initial run myself, it wasn't until I bought the complete box set that I finally got to see the whole thing.

My opinion of the show is that it definitely ranks as one of the best i've ever seen. Great characters, great storylines and I love that it was set in modern day as most stuff about the mob is usually set during their heyday.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

paulie lost his shoe in the snow

him and chris got into a fight over a ketchup packet
Old 03-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #4
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2 thoughts on your thoughts.

None of Juniors lines are delivered with subtlety.

The Pine Barrens has always been my favorite episode.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #5
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

this show improves for me every time i watch it. when it first aired a lot of fans didnt like the slower plots of the later seasons and wanted mob stories, but i was always more interested in the character relationships. what made this show so unique (and good)was taht it was a character drama about anxiety (really mental health as a whole), the turn of the 21st century,catholicism, family, class, changing times, sex & romance, race adn gender roles, and then suddenly you have bursts of intense mob violence. what set it apart. also it has some of the best directing and accting in television history. gandolfinni especially gave one of the best performances ever recorded on film. you really got in his head, and after a few seasons you know what hes thinking without him saying a word. sopranos was great at those little unspoken moments.

some of it hasnt aged well, though. anytime the show dealt with any culture besides white suburbia, it was either borderline offensive or just plain bad tv. this was combined with the late 90's/early 00's perspectives, which is how you get things like massive genius, or "i told you young people crack is some bad shit!" or the christopher columbus episode or anything involving chris in hollywood.

also, meadow is shitty as a character and actor. that chick was hot, but really unbelievable. also all of her boyfriends were unlikeable dicks (although i guess that was the point, given all the freudian subtext in the show).

the worst part of the show though, easily, is the vito gay subplot. what a fucking waste. plus that guy is a worse actor than meadow and aj combined. and he's morbidly obese: morbidly, meaning looking at him makes me think about death.

yet another interesting facet of this show is that it's riddled with subpar stuff, and you can poke holes in so much of it, and its still amazing. it's shitty and it's great, its clear and it makes no sense, its blunt and its unspoken, its loving and cold, realistic and surreal, all at the same time - like life.

i agree uncle junior is one of the best characters. livia is my favorite all itme, though.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

brilliant show. wasn't crazy about the ending...