news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz
Default Some words from MLK

I thought this probably needed it's own thread, but it seems as thou the identiy of MLK, at least for some, is defined by what they learned in school, which is to say, more than likely right next to nothing. Anybody who is interested in seeking a better overstanding of who and what Martin was should check out "A Testament of Hope, the essential writings and speeches of MLK Jr" edited by James Washington. Here is an excerpt to a side some may not be aware of........
"We need organizations that are permeated with mutual trust, incorruptibility and militancy. Without this spirit we may have numbers but they will add up to zero. We need organizations that are responsible, efficient and alert. We lack experience because ours is a history of disorganization. But we will prevail because our need for progress is stronger than the ignorance forced upon us. If we realize how indispensable is responsible militant organizaton to our struggle, we will create it as we managed to create underground railroads, protest groups, self-help societies and the churches that have always been our refuge, our source of hope and our source of action.
{Blacks} have been slow to organize becasue they have been traditionallly manipulated. The political powers take advantage of threee major weaknesses: the manner in which our political leaders emerge; our failure so far to achieve effective political alliances; and {Blacks} general reluctance to participate fully in political life.
................In the future we must become intensive political activist. We must be guided in this direction because we need political strength, more desperatley than any other group in American society. Most of us are too poor to have adequate economic power, and many of us are too rejected by the culture to be part of any tradition of power. Necessity will draw us toward the power inherent in the creative use of politics............Power is not the white man's birthright; it will not be legislated for us and delivered in neat goverment packages. It is a social force any group can utilize by accumulating its elements in a planned, deliberate campaign to organize it under its own control."

Hope everyone here finds it informative. peace
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:43 AM   #2
DisAstro
No Remorse

DisAstro grasshopper
Default Re: Some words from MLK

http://www.nobelprizes.com/nobel/peace/MLK-jail.html

Birmingham Jail Letters, also by MLK. Hope that this link hasnt been posted in the other topic :S
DisAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:36 AM   #3
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace Eric

Thanks for posting this...I really do appreciate your balanced reverance concerning MLK.

Thanks also to DisAstro...I wanted to check out those letters...
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #4
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

Keep in mind that Dr. King met with Kwame Nkrumah and Jomo Kenyatta on a trip to Afrika. That should offer some insight as to his ultimate goals.

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Aesop Chi Odi
Dhamma King

Aesop Chi Odi crouching tigerAesop Chi Odi crouching tiger
Lightbulb

A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom. - Martin Luther King

He was misunderstood without doubt but not by accident if you ask me.

Im paraphrasing this one.

"I wonder if im integrating my people into a burning house"... If my memory serves me correct martin luther king said this.

He was a true revolutionary who's books still deserve our attention.
Aesop Chi Odi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

mlk also pushed for workers rights (unions).

when he started fuckin with the money is when he was assasinated.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote