news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-13-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Sadat X's (Brand Nubian) top 5 rappers of all time

Showbiz & AG. I loved the album they came out with, [1992's] Runaway Slave, that was a beast. I like their work ethic. That's still part of my daily rotation. That album is still in my daily rotation.

EPMD. It was for a stretch, like five or six years, where they were coming out with back to back to back to back hits. They just had those hard beats and so that's why I put them on there.

Masta Ace. I like Masta Ace because he always kept his style but when he did his Sittin' On Chrome, he took a risk, went outside the box and won with that. He took a risk when dudes in New York weren't taking risks and I respect him for that.

RA Rugged Man. I like the Rugged Man because he just doesn't care. He steps on people's toes, he's obnoxious and he's my man, so I rock with him.

Bun B and Pimp C. I like them dudes and they gave me a good vibe. I remember we did a show down there in Houston and they came to check for us. I didn't have any idea they knew about us, so we connected and I just saw they were on that early Southern vibe. They were one of the groups that pioneered for the South. There's certain groupls like 8Ball & MJG, they're the pioneers for what it is right now down there. I just like their sound, it was something you could kick back and smoke to. I like them for that.

http://www.sohh.com/2013/02/he_took_...e_box_won.html
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

I think they asked him who he likes to listen to, not who he thinks is the best.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUMBO View Post
I think they asked him who he likes to listen to, not who he thinks is the best.
yeah, thats what it seems, but thats a dope list.

I love Sadat X - funkiest voice in rap.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@he said UGK hahahahahahahahahaha. I don't like their music because of beats but Bun B and Pimp C are alright. I'm surprised he chose them because there's a lot of rappers better than them. Considering he's from New York, i would've thought that he would've chosen better rappers. I like Showbiz and AG but i wouldn't have put them on my list. I agree with what he said about Masta Ace because his music did change when he did Sittin On Chrome album because it sounds like a westcoast album instead of a eastcoast album. Props to Masta Ace for his tight The INC Ride, Sittin On Chrome, Born To Roll videos. He had some hot women in Born To Roll. I love Brand Nubian's Everything Is Everything album. They got a lot of good songs on that album. That's the only album of their's i like. I also like Sadat X's collabo with Akinyele called Loud Hangover on Funkmaster Flex's first album. I also love Brand Nubian's Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down video and Slow Down, Don't Let It Go To Your Head, Let's Dance, Ain't No Mystery, Black and Blue songs.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #5
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I forgot about Brand Nubian's Lick Dem Muthafuckas song on Menace II Society soundtrack. I love that beat.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote