news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default What hip-hop vinyls do you guys own?

Hey guys, I've recently started buying vinyl and I'm interested in getting more, but I'm taking my time deciding since vinyls are expensive. I kinda want to get Midnight Marauders, some more Wu-Tang solos, maybe some Jay-Z or Madvillain. So hard to choose.

Anyway, on vinyl for hip-hop I own:

Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers
Ghostface - Ironman
Masta Killa - Selling My Soul
Jay Z - Vol 2...Hard Knock Life
Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory

What hip hop vinyl do you guys own? What's your fav hip hop vinyl that you have?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Too many to list, but a few of the top of my head
Nas - Illmatic
Tonedeff - Archetype
Aceyalone - All Balls Don't Bounce & Magnificent City (and Grand Imperial if I'm not mistaken.. Might be that Hip Hop and the World We Live In album as well (or whatever it's name is))...
Tung Twista - Runnin Off At Da Mouth
Chords - Garden Around The Mansion
Saafir - One Of The Hardest EP
Punchline & Wordsworth - Punchline and Wordsworth
Quasimoto - The Further Adventures of Lord Quas
Fashawn - Boy Meets World
Organized Konfusion - Organized Konfusion
Meth & Red - Blackout!
and on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
KJR
Master Ninja

Nice mate! Looks like you own some rare stuff!

Btw, how does "Blackout!" sound on vinyl? Does the "vinyl sound" complement the music? I've been thinking about picking that one up. (I want Meth on vinyl, I want Red on vinyl, all of their solos are expensive in vinyl form so why not get the best of both?) Also does it have the 3 bonus tracks that the CD copy has?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

I own about 300 records but only 3 of them are Hip-Hop...

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother
Madlib - Shades of Blue
M.C. Duke & DJ Leader One - Organised Rhyme
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
I kinda want to get Midnight Marauders

kinda ?

lol - you better

good threads yo
Old 08-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
KJR
Master Ninja

I recently just copped 'Below the Heavens' on vinyl sealed, 'Soul on Ice' vinyl in near mint condition and I got 2Pac's 'Me Against the World' on vinyl in very good condition. The MATW vinyl is the original 1995 US Interscope pressing, hell ya!
Old 08-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Way too many to list but one of my favourite hip hop vinyls though is probably 'I shot Regan' by Non Phixion, original pressing signed by all the group! Managed to blag it for free from the record label too!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Why do you want rap albums on vinyl and not cd? You can't listen to vinyl in your car LOL. Do you have a car KJR? Do you have a lot of rap cd's? Only rap albums i have on vinyl is Whodini's Back In Black, Fat Boys Big And Beautiful, Poison Clan's Check Out The Avenue single. I was thinking about getting Common's Breaker 1/9 and Soul By The Pound singles on vinyl but i'd rather watch the videos on Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #9
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Here in Australia it's pretty hard to find good hip hop on wax and given that I have everything I need from hip hop on cd I don't have much of it on vinyl. I prefer to buy reggae, funk, blues, jazz on vinyl

Lots of singles and EPs/bootlegs
36 Chambers, Liquid Swords (it sucks that BIBLE isn't on the vinyl version), Illmatic, ATLiens, Lifestylez, Criminal Minded, 12 RTD, Cuban Linx

Big Daddy Kane - Long Live the Kane and Ice T - You Played Yourself was the first wax I ever bought

I went to a larger record fair last year and spent all my money on heaps of wax early and found a guy that had lots of hip hop like killarmy, ghostface, method man, cappadonna, geto boys so I was pretty pissed off at finding that late
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white

Last edited by The Hound; 08-17-2013 at 12:09 PM.
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by laolu View Post
I own about 300 records but only 3 of them are Hip-Hop...

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Mecca and the Soul Brother
Madlib - Shades of Blue
M.C. Duke & DJ Leader One - Organised Rhyme
Did you notice the difference between Montara on vinyl and digital.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Why do you want rap albums on vinyl and not cd? You can't listen to vinyl in your car LOL. Do you have a car KJR? Do you have a lot of rap cd's? Only rap albums i have on vinyl is Whodini's Back In Black, Fat Boys Big And Beautiful, Poison Clan's Check Out The Avenue single. I was thinking about getting Common's Breaker 1/9 and Soul By The Pound singles on vinyl but i'd rather watch the videos on Youtube.
Yes, I have a car and I own lots of albums on CD. I own around 450-500 hip hop CDs while I own maybe 15-20 hip hop vinyls. When I like an album a lot, I love to own it on vinyl! And I'm also a collector!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #12
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Btw, how does "Blackout!" sound on vinyl? Does the "vinyl sound" complement the music? I've been thinking about picking that one up. (I want Meth on vinyl, I want Red on vinyl, all of their solos are expensive in vinyl form so why not get the best of both?) Also does it have the 3 bonus tracks that the CD copy has?
Nah, it cuts off after Fire Ina Hole.

I love the sound of it, but to be perfectly honest, I'm a vinyl collector more because of the feel of it than the sound of it. Not sure if I could tell much of a difference if I didn't know what was being played.

Just bought Common - One Day It'll All Make Sense and Madlib - Shades of Blue a couple of days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #13
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

Alot for me, but here are some of my favorites...
A Tribe Called Quest - PIT&POR, The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders
Nas -Illmatic (signed) & Distant Relatives (both signed)
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Big L - Lifestyles ov da Poor & Dangerous
Biggie - Ready To Die & Life After Death
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Rakim - Follow The Leader
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun
RJD2 - 2002-2010 Box Set - Deadringer, Since We Last Spoke, The Horror (until someone stole it)
BDP - Criminal Minded
PE - It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
Pac - All Eyez On Me
Madvillain - Madvilliany
Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride... & Labcabincalifornia
Outkast - ATLiens & Aquemini
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Cage - Hells Winter
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Atmosphere - Overcast EP (signed)
De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers, OB4CL 1 & 2, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, No Said Date, Return to the 36 Chambers, Wu Massacre (just for the artwork)
Not hiphop, but got tons of Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Jimi, Beatles that I love too

Last edited by RynMur; 08-19-2013 at 12:28 AM.
RynMur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #14
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

I've been trying to get Liquid Swords, Live and Let Die, Black Sunday, A Piece of Strange, Strictly Business, and Doom's Special Herbs box set
Old 08-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #15
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
Alot for me, but here are some of my favorites...
A Tribe Called Quest - PIT&POR, The Low End Theory, Midnight Marauders
Nas -Illmatic (signed) & Distant Relatives (both signed)
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Big L - Lifestyles ov da Poor & Dangerous
Biggie - Ready To Die & Life After Death
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Rakim - Follow The Leader
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun
RJD2 - 2002-2010 Box Set - Deadringer, Since We Last Spoke, The Horror (until someone stole it)
BDP - Criminal Minded
PE - It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold us Back
Pac - All Eyez On Me
Madvillain - Madvilliany
Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride... & Labcabincalifornia
Outkast - ATLiens & Aquemini
Eminem - Marshall Mathers LP
Cage - Hells Winter
Big Pun - Capital Punishment
Atmosphere - Overcast EP (signed)
De La Soul - De La Soul is Dead
Wu-Tang - 36 Chambers, OB4CL 1 & 2, Ironman, Supreme Clientele, No Said Date, Return to the 36 Chambers, Wu Massacre (just for the artwork)
Not hiphop, but got tons of Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Bob Marley, Jimi, Beatles that I love too
Damn man, that's a respectable collection! How many years you been collecting?