news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 02-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Power of the Mind

i was thinking about this in the sleep thread.

DREAMS...
okay imagine there was a way to watch someones dream in real time.

the sleeping person has a dream that spans a whole day but in reality was only about 6 hrs.

wouldn't the observer see things moving at 4x the speed?

does that mean that we can process information that fast or faster?

could you watch a movie on fast forward?

construct.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I dont really get this as time is never a reality in dreams, you say a whole day dream, ive never known about the timespan of any of my dreams or over how long they were supposed to be set

maybe you do though

but i actually read in a recent new scientist that they had succeded in Japan of recording someones thoughts for the first time. the showed a person picture of a word, and they used all the signals in the brain to map out a photo of the word just of the impulses of the brain seeing the word.

very early stages, but they say in the future 'seeing' dreams could work from the same way.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

well today i had a dream that i can specifically remember it being a morning, an afternoon and a night with detailed events taking place in each timeframe.

i was only asleep for a few hrs.

is the mind running on fastforward?
Old 02-18-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLE View Post

sounds a little like speed reading
like if you move your eyes across a sentence without taking the time to form the mental verbalization of each word, your mind will still understand it
Old 02-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #5
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

true indeed.

peep this
Quote:
Arocdnicg to rsceearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pcale. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit pobelrm. Tihs is buseace the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
Sarah UK

Sarah UK shaolin monk

Quote:
well today i had a dream that i can specifically remember it being a morning, an afternoon and a night with detailed events taking place in each timeframe.

i was only asleep for a few hrs.

is the mind running on fastforward?
Well, for me, it's kinda like a movie. I think my mind skips the unimportant bits. If you get what I mean.

My dreams recently have been weird as hell. I wish I could explain them but when I try to I forget exactly what was so weird about them and they sound boring.
Sarah UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
true indeed.

peep this
Ive seen this before and its not really true. You can easily make those words unreadable if you mess them up more.

Like Anidcorcg or Ustrevinciy, you couldnt figure them out like that
Old 02-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #8
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

DREAMS...

the sleeping person has a dream that spans a whole day but in reality was only about 6 hrs.

construct.
well its like a movie, it didn't take 75 years to play that a movie that spans 75 years.

my dreams jump to scenes and shit, some are more memorable then others and im sure its not a unique thing.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

im waiting for that next dream...

i think Cujo will be in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

so do you think you dream in real time?

@ Lacey- i seen a man die with his brains running down the gutter in a river of blood.
there was at least 10 people around him watching him twitch until he laid motionless staring into the sky.

don't be that nigga
Old 02-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

DREAMS...

construct.

we would probably see things going at a high speed, but i don't know if we can process info that fast in waking hours

the sight while we are awake is based on the physical eye and the brain which has selective attention, so you do not notice everything

but dreams are based on something else. i don't know for sure

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA

ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA grasshopper

anyone here ever have simutanious dreams, like on one level of conciousness your dreaming about work, and on another your dreaming about third grade,

it only happened to me a couple of time, but one theory i have is that the blood comming from my heart through my artheries was transmiting one dream to my brain, and the blood leaving my heart through my vain was transmiting another one.

also, does anybody ever wake up from a dream into another dream, and then wake up again to find the ´real`world. That shit makes me think it would be possible to wake up from this world, and find some elements of it as absurd as the elements of common dreams.
ALLAHNDRZUWUNIGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

..have you guys never had a dream?
no dream happens step by step by step and shit, something happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens

you can be at your house then 2 seconds be at school and there's no detail to anything, so its not a mind blown revelation that dreams dont happen in...real time.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
..have you guys never had a dream?
no dream happens step by step by step and shit, something happens, then another thing happens, then another thing happens

you can be at your house then 2 seconds be at school and there's no detail to anything, so its not a mind blown revelation that dreams dont happen in...real time.

haha good point

i had alot of dreams that go from scene to scene like some visual story board for a movie or like a comic book

my dreams are mostly straight to the point like that

my dreams are sometimes symbolic or actual

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #15
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I smoked a little leak in a blunt one time and tried to play basketball, it was like watching a movie with a third of the frames missing. I don't know why I brought that up. Continue....

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote