news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Roger Ebert taking 'leave of presence' as cancer returns

Quote:
As he celebrates 46 years with the Chicago Sun-Times on Wednesday, film critic Roger Ebert also reveals he's going to slow down or take a "leave of presence," as he calls it.

In an essay on his blog, Ebert explained he's facing a recurrence of cancer. The 70-year-old already lost his voice and much of his jaw after battling thyroid and salivary gland cancer.

Ebert suffered a hip fracture in December, and it recently led to the revelations about cancer, he said. The critic is receiving radiation treatment so he hasn't been able to go to as many movies as he usually does.

Ebert said he typically writes more than 200 reviews a year for the Sun-Times, and last year really ramped it up, producing 306 movie reviews, plus a blog post or two weekly in addition to other articles. He said he's not going away entirely, but he is going to slow down.

"My intent is to continue to write selected reviews but to leave the rest to a talented team of writers handpicked and greatly admired by me," he said. "What's more, I'll be able at last to do what I've always fantasized about doing: reviewing only the movies I want to review."

When not writing about film, he may "write about what it's like to cope with health challenges and the limitations they can force upon you," he said. "It really stinks that the cancer has returned and that I have spent too many days in the hospital. So on bad days I may write about the vulnerability that accompanies illness. On good days, I may wax ecstatic about a movie so good it transports me beyond illness."

Ebert details a variety of other projects on his plate, but his biggest focus likely will be Ebert Digital, under which he plans to relaunch Rogerebert.com.
"The fact that we're re-launching the site now, in the midst of other challenges, should give you an idea how important Rogerebert.com and Ebert Digital are to (my wife) Chaz and me," Ebert said. "I hope you'll stop by, and look for me. I'll be there."
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04...rns/?hpt=hp_t5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
lose it over his soft, gay care-free posts are suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Danny Kid View Post
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

HE KEEPS EATING MCDONALDS LIKE SOULCONTROLLeR
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #3
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Is his wife the one with the big black titties?

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 AM   #4
David Daniel Davis
PRODIGAL SUN

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

He is going to be taking a leave of physical presence if his cancer keeps getting progressively worse.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn that's unfortunate..hope things look up for the guy
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

RIP to Ebert

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...th-cancer.html

Old 04-04-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

O damn..
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

when he said he was going to slow down, he really meant it.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #9
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

actually a leave of presence is even funnier
Old 04-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #10
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 04-04-2013 at 04:08 PM.
CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
immaculate

8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms8 five deadly venoms

Rip

8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
EAGLE EYE
Operation Guillotine

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Karma. He should've never made fun of Ryan Dunn's death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #13
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

He shouldn't have given The Brown Bunny a bad review.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
check two
N.I.

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church said Monday they plan to protest film critic Roger Ebert's funeral in Chicago.

The Kansas-based group released a statement published by the Hollywood Reporter saying they will picket "in lawful proximity" to the funeral at Holy Name Cathedral. Ebert passed away last week at the age of 70 after a decade-long battle with cancer.

Why the protest?

The church said in the statement Ebert used his Twitter account "to mock the faithful servants of God at Westboro Baptist Church," according to the Hollywood Reporter. The group also called Ebert a "f-g enabler" and "entertainment industry publicity leech."

Newser points out Ebert called the group “odious" in a past tweet and at one point tweeted a link to a Salon story featuring an excerpt from the book "Does Jesus Really Love Me?: A Gay Christian's Pilgrimage in Search of God in America" in which the author spent a day at Westboro.