news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #16
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

haha^ no way is Blueprint at all whack
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Both classic albums. RD is an incredible album lyrically. Blueprint captured him at his peak, just winning at rap. Its less lyrical than RD, but some of the overall songs are better.

I probably thought they were both better at some points. Where does american gangster rank? Id say classic, just behind these two.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #18
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

American Gangster is very good yeah but In My Lifetime is better
Old 04-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

American Gangster is not a classic, but I had some good times with that album when I was younger. I think there was this line on Fallin' me and some friends used to do a lot. I think it was Fuck HD nigga see how clear my view is.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #20
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ALL of Jay-Z's street clout comes directly from Reasonable Doubt

everything else is pure faggotry
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #21
laolu
Old Head, Young Shoulders

laolu drunken mastalaolu drunken mastalaolu drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
ALL of Jay-Z's street clout comes directly from Reasonable Doubt

everything else is pure faggotry
Old 04-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #22
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

oh and the freestyle he did with Big L

it should've been Gay-Z who got killed
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #23
laolu

You sho' is angry

Old 04-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #24
laolu

This is officially a Roc thread, the Roc is in the building we should have stayed in the house.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #25
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
American Gangster is very good yeah but In My Lifetime is better
Really? I think maybe some of the best tracks on IML are better than the best tracks on AG but as a whole it's very close. AG definitely has better beats though.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #26
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

There are a couple of very mainstream beats on vol1 but it also has some serious heat from Preemo, Ski and the Hitmen it's very much like It Was Written actually a dope album w/ some shots mass appeal
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #27
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
There are a couple of very mainstream beats on vol1 but it also has some serious heat from Preemo, Ski and the Hitmen it's very much like It Was Written actually a dope album w/ some shots mass appeal
True, although IWW's shots at mass appeal were more enjoyable to hip-hop heads than IML's I think. (If I Ruled the World vs. I Know What Girls Like) (Street Dreams vs The City Is Mine) (The Message vs. Sunshine)
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #28
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Dynasty is pretty good. Though, you gotta give Beans some praise for that too.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

I didn't think Dynasty felt cohesive like most of Jay's other work. There were some stand out tracks but there were some definite bad ones as well.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #30
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
True, although IWW's shots at mass appeal were more enjoyable to hip-hop heads than IML's I think. (If I Ruled the World vs. I Know What Girls Like) (Street Dreams vs The City Is Mine) (The Message vs. Sunshine)

I think the Street Dreams vs Sunshine is the only fair matchup IWW is a classic but Black Girl Lost and Nas Is Coming were pretty pop