news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Lyrics you Misinterpret

lol

this one had me thinking that baby seals got extra sharp dangerous teeth or something so i rocked with it until i recently found out what was being said - and i laughed my fuckin nose off too -

remember Raes verse on Shame Ona Nigga ?

i thought that he said at the end of it, "Remember i got teeth like a Baby Seal"

i swear i thought that's what he said - for years - i grew greys in my beard thinking that shit.

then the internet got hot and every one was on it - pictures all over the got dam place then i saw this pic

and was like "oh, that's why he said that shit, back in the days, niggas was snappin on his teeth in the steps and shit"

i just found out like last year Sun said, "Remember i got deep like navy seal"

smn
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Bwahahaha thats funny
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #3
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

When I was 12 and started listening to hip hop, nobody else in Australia was listening to it. And Afro-American slang wasn't cool and used all over the place like it is now. So I had no fucking idea what anything meant. I'll run through a few quick ones now but I could surely name so much ridiculous shit I used to misinterpret, or misunderstand.

- In '8 Ball' by NWA when Eazy says "we make hardcore jams", I actually thought he was talking about jam that you eat. Like NWA makes hardcore strawberry jam.

- When I got 'Cuban Linx' and they were talking about wallabies, I thought they meant the iconic Aussie mammals, and I was all like why the fuck do they keep talking about wallabies?

Fuck. I've gotta go. I hope to return to this thread.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
D.projectile

D.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkeyD.projectile iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
lol

this one had me thinking that baby seals got extra sharp dangerous teeth or something so i rocked with it until i recently found out what was being said - and i laughed my fuckin nose off too -

remember Raes verse on Shame Ona Nigga ?

i thought that he said at the end of it, "Remember i got teeth like a Baby Seal"

i swear i thought that's what he said - for years - i grew greys in my beard thinking that shit.

then the internet got hot and every one was on it - pictures all over the got dam place then i saw this pic

and was like "oh, that's why he said that shit, back in the days, niggas was snappin on his teeth in the steps and shit"

i just found out like last year Sun said, "Remember i got deep like navy seal"

smn
oh shit i thought he said ''seal'' too but i didnt mistake deep for teeth

D.projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #5
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lol

@noel

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 04-13-2013 at 05:39 AM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I remember hearing jay-z saying he dreamed about 'licking off' his mama on d'evils. I thought he was a weirdo for a little while.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #7
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Btw I actually used to think Raekwon said "I got deep like a baby seal". It's funny how you think somebody says a certain lyric one way and then without even hearing the song again you realise what they're actually say. I often do that with songs from my childhood that I haven't heard since then. I get them in my head and remember what I used to think the person was saying and then realise what they actually would have been saying.

I used to write silly gangsta rap lyrics back when I was 12 or so, and I remember I used to use the word "wack" like it was positive. Like I'd say "my lyrics are wack" thinking that it meant they were good lolz.

Man this thread is really making it evident how fucked my memory is. There is sooooo much stupid misinterpreted shit from my early hip hop days and it's just not coming to me.

I used to think Gza said "striking niggas with amazing dicks" and then I couldn't figure out the last bit, when he says "striking niggas where the Mason Dixon line cross" in 'Guillotine'. How's a young Aussie supposed to know any better? lolz

Fuck, hopefully some more stupid shit will come to me later.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

it's even funnier when you remember reciting them passionately with a serious face
Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #10
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Reminds me of that story a few months back of that secretary who misheard the Fresh Prince lyrics on some guy's answerphone and caused all schools in the district to be locked down

http://deadspin.com/5987973/entire-s...h-prince-lyric

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #11
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
Reminds me of that story a few months back of that secretary who misheard the Fresh Prince lyrics on some guy's answerphone and caused all schools in the district to be locked down

http://deadspin.com/5987973/entire-s...h-prince-lyric
LOL i remember hearing about that. 10 face palms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

GURU - ex girl to the next girl:

When I was with her no trust, just fights
Just the he-say-she-say and the neighborhood highlights
But I got my new girl or as I say my baby doll
But I'm still gettin' crazy calls, my ex-girl's got balls

Thought he found out his girl literally had balls (TRANNY) and then dumped her.

^LOL^

diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whenever Rza said "iron" for years I thought he was talking about ions
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

when sons started saying "That's Dope", i thought they were saying "That's Dult" -

i had in mind that it had something to do with being an adult or something
Old 04-14-2013, 04:31 AM   #15
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It took me years to realise this wasn't a song by some women singing about Stena Line.

Rame is offline   Reply With Quote