news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Do faggots on the hip hop forum circuit still...

say that Guru was an ordinary MC and that Premo's beats were wasted on him?

I remember when faggots used to say that on here. I think always young faggots who thought those faggots who call themselves MC's these days are actually remarkable and outstanding rappers.

Or is it universally agreed that he is top 5 dead or alive now that he is dead?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I dont like the "top 5 dead or alive" bullshit, lets just say he was one of the best to ever do it but yeah I remember the majority of people on here say he was average then.

MaskedAvenger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
MistaBPL

MistaBPL shaolin monk

I don't think Guru was an average MC; in fact I think he was one of the ones to take the issues of the Ghetto and spin them in a meaningful accessible way.

RIP Guru.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Did people actually say that? Show me.

Guru is definitely a great rapper. Step In The Arena, Daily Operation, Hard To Earn, Moment Of Truth. 4 classics in a row and I should also mention the first Jazzmatazz. People were hating on Jazzmatazz-series too, because Premier wasn't the one responsible for the entire production. RIP Guru.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
whitey
Wu Vatican

whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)whitey Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont agree with top 5. but a legend for sure. and no premo beats were wasted on him.

i have heard faggots say that though.

but thats like the kids these days thinking meek mills, j cole, drake and wale are really hot. they are just massively below par wanna be carbon copies of actual dope rappers. they bring nothing new to the table except wackness and bitch-made-ness.
The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.
whitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I noticed when bored white hiphop fans run out of things to discuss; its then that they start coming up with these ideas that Guru, Pac, Rakim, etc "were average".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

hHHAHA

Pac and Rakim are definitely not average. Pac was a poet, Rakim a lyricist. They raised the bar. Guru -snoozefest.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Guru was a great MC. I feel he often gets overlooked because of his monotone style; just because someone is monotone doesn't make them whack.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
hHHAHA
Guru -snoozefest.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
hotnikks
PRODIGAL SUN

hotnikks crouching tigerhotnikks crouching tiger

Guru is one of the Goats yo fuck whoever think otherwise.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
Meta4
Poet Of The Streets

Meta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal sonMeta4 prodigal son

When I joined this forum plenty of people were sayin Guru was average at best. That had me fucked up. Then Guru passed and out came the dick-riding. How can you NOT fuck with Guru. He's a legend in his own right.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #12
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Guru was a great MC. I feel he often gets overlooked because of his monotone style; just because someone is monotone doesn't make them whack.
It's such a homo thing to do to even criticise a rapper for being "monotone". Who gives a fucken fuck? It was just one of those mindless sheep arguments faggots regurgitated whenever they wanted to criticise the god. The best argument I ever saw against it was somebody mentioning Rakim's name. That pretty much ends that whole argument.

I was listening to 'Step in the Arena' for the first time in ages recently. What a treat. It's always been one of my fave hip hop albums but I hadn't heard it in so long. There were very few MC's on that level in 1991.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Guru gets overlooked cuz of his content matter. people praise Biggie for talking about the same shit (crack and violence), but that's way more fun to listen to than Guru's preaching. not saying I agree, but that's the mentality
theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
Guru gets overlooked cuz of his content matter. people praise Biggie for talking about the same shit (crack and violence), but that's way more fun to listen to than Guru's preaching. not saying I agree, but that's the mentality
Step In The Arena is my favorite Gang Starr album, but

Guru's subject matter IS overlooked.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
hHHAHA

Pac and Rakim are definitely not average. Pac was a poet, Rakim a lyricist. They raised the bar. Guru -snoozefest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post

yall can get pelted on the forehead with hot puma penis now