news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Nascar thread

This thread will be for all the Nascar enthusiasts to discuss the most popular sport in the US.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)check two Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

--NASCAR pioneer Raymond Parks dies at 96

ATLANTA – Raymond Parks, owner of NASCAR's first championship winning car and an integral part of the series' formation, has died. He was 96.

NASCAR said Parks passed away at his home Sunday morning in Atlanta. Parks, who was confined to a wheelchair, attended a reception May 20 for the induction of the inaugural Hall of Fame class and was warmly received throughout the industry that evening.

"It was good for the industry and so many current fans to see the man in person," NASCAR president Mike Helton said at Infineon Raceway, site of Sunday's race. Helton called Parks "the heart and soul or the spirit that got NASCAR started."

Parks was the last living member of the group of men who created NASCAR in 1947 during a meeting at the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, Fla. He fielded the car that Red Byron drove to the inaugural Cup Series championship in 1949, NASCAR's first season of competition.

"Raymond was instrumental in the creation of NASCAR as a participant in the historic meeting at the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach," NASCAR chairman Brian France said. "Raymond is a giant in the history of NASCAR and will always be remembered for his dedication to NASCAR."

Born in Dawsonville, Ga., in 1914, Parks left home when he was 14 years old and began running moonshine, which earned him a nine-month stint in the federal penitentiary in Chillicothe, Ohio, from 1936 to 1937 on conspiracy charges.

Parks later became a legitimate businessman, and fought in the Battle of the Bulge during World War II as part of the 99th Infantry Division.

His business success was built through real estate ventures, vending machines, gas stations and convenience stores, and some of his properties were later sold to Georgia Tech.

His NASCAR career began as owner of the first elite race team, which was built with mechanic Red Vogt and Byron behind the wheel. His teams ran only four seasons in the Cup Series — 1949, 1950, 1954 and 1955 — getting two wins, 11 top-five finishes and 12 top-10s in 18 events.

Parks at times fielded cars for Fonty Flock and Curtis Turner before eventually pulling out of the sport.

The Hall of Fame, which opened last month, features several of Parks' donated trophies.

"I'm proud of my involvement in NASCAR over the years and with the opportunity to partner with the NASCAR Hall of Fame," Parks said in a statement when he donated his collection last year.

Parks was not among the inaugural five members inducted into the Hall of Fame last month.

"It would have been really nice if he had lived until he had gone into the Hall of Fame," said team owner Rick Hendrick. "His contribution to this sport was so, so great that would have been really cool for that to have happened."

Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
check two
N.I.

Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for his fifth consecutive Nascar Sprint Cup Championship

Old 11-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
This thread will be for all the Nascar enthusiasts to discuss the most popular sport in the US.
HAHAAHA, that shit made me laugh

although to contribute to the thread I hate that Dave Mirra is trying to do the NASCAR thing (Travis Pastrana too)

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

fuck yea left turns 4 hours straight.

nascar is the greatest sport out there. real athletes drive for 4 hours straight and not go to the bathroom not run around catching balls

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

sticky thread, please

Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #7
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I was joking but whatever

Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
check two
N.I.

Glacier Hiking

Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The Daytona 500 was....entertaining, in my opinion. The teamwork was pretty good and fun to watch.

Is pushing the new thing now? I've been watching Nascar since 2006 and this is like the first race where I've seen REAL teamwork. Usually, it's ever man for himself.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
The Daytona 500 was....entertaining, in my opinion. The teamwork was pretty good and fun to watch.

Is pushing the new thing now? I've been watching Nascar since 2006 and this is like the first race where I've seen REAL teamwork. Usually, it's ever man for himself.
You will find "pushing" mainly at Daytona and Talledega. It has a lot to do with the current rules as far as car specifications implemented by Nascar. The way the cars are right now they run faster in 2's than in "lines" like we used to see at the restrictor plate tracks. Pushing can be done only on long straight stretches. If the car in back would try to push the car in front while the driver is turning the wheel, it would spin them out. What you saw Sunday was very tricky. You have to remain as close as possible in the turn without pushing so that you resume the pushing once back on the straight stretch. Yes, it is quite entertaining. I don't know how those guys can do that for 4 hours without wrecking. I mean some of them wreck, but some of them drive 200 mph with cars all around them for 500 miles and don't even have a scratch on their car afterwards. It's simply amazing to me.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraka Bombah View Post
Yes, it is quite entertaining. I don't know how those guys can do that for 4 hours without wrecking. I mean some of them wreck, but some of them drive 200 mph with cars all around them for 500 miles and don't even have a scratch on their car afterwards. It's simply amazing to me.
Exactly!
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:06 AM   #12
midGet
6'1

midGet shaolin monk

I love this sport. I have been watching it since Geoff Bodine used to drive the Exide Batteries car, that's around 1995. Great racing. It's the pushing and bumper-to-bumper driving that makes it exciting. Mainly when short tracks are on schedule, like Bristol or Martinsville.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #13
bconngemini

bconngemini shaolin monk

Best sport in the world, plus the second most watched sport in America. Way better than that soccer fruity shitty, driving like real men is way better than kicking a ball aronud and running like a third worlder.
bconngemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 07:29 PM   #14
check two
N.I.

lol @ idiots like this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar-wp1502

Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

YEA THIS THREAD BETTER SUITS YOU AND DICKy

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote