news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Woman claims that $131 million divorce settlement is not nearly enough for her

Why would these rich dudes even consider ever getting married in the first place?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ex-wife of former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt claims her $131 million divorce settlement is not enough. Not nearly enough.

A judge in Los Angeles County Superior Court will hear closing arguments today in the divorce dispute.

Last year, McCourt agreed to a divorce settlement giving her $131 million plus a tax indemnity and splitting her residential real estate with her husband.

While McCourt believed she was receiving half of the assets she shared with her husband, only two weeks later, the Dodgers were sold for $2.15 billion to a group that included former Los Angeles Lakers player Magic Johnson. It was the most paid ever for a professional sports team.

"I was surprised I could have made such a huge mistake," she said in her court testimony last week. Her attorneys have argued she was short-changed about $770 million.

In her legal complaint to quash the divorce settlement, she accuses her ex-husband of fraud, failure to make required disclosures, perjury, undue influence, and breach of fiduciary duty, among other actions.

Neither of the McCourts could be reached for comment. Their attorneys did not respond to requests for comment.

The McCourts met at Georgetown University and were married on Nov. 3, 1979. Frank McCourt is president of McCourt Group, a commercial real estate development firm.

They have been residents of California since 2004, when the couple acquired the Dodgers and its related assets, which were the McCourts' principal assets. Their assets included "the entities owning the Los Angeles Dodgers, Dodgers Stadium and its vast parking lots, the television rights to Dodger baseball games, and approximately 276 acres of real estate in the area of Dodger Stadium."

"Before the separation, Jamie played a significant role in the Dodger organization, but not in significant financial dealings," according to her court complaint to withdraw the divorce settlement.

Jamie was once president and CEO of the baseball team.

On the other hand, her ex-husband "controlled and had access to the complex financial information required to evaluate the Dodger assets," Jamie's complaint states.

According to her complaint, in 2004 he told her the market value of the Dodger assets could be as much as $2 billion.

In Oct. 2009, Jamie filed divorce papers. The marriage was dissolved a year later. In June 2011, the Dodgers filed for bankruptcy protection. The team later emerged from bankruptcy after the sale last year to Guggenheim Baseball Management.

After the divorce ensued, Frank denied his earlier statements that the Dodgers could be worth $2 billion. Instead, he said their "assets had a current value less than $300 million..." according to her complaint.

Before Jamie agreed to the settlement, she believed, "based on what Frank represented," that the net value of their assets, including the Dodger assets, was "in the range of $300 million."

Frank McCourt's attorneys have argued that his ex-wife failed to do her due diligence, the Associated Press reported. One of his attorneys said Frank paid more than $460 million in state and federal taxes related to the sale of the Dodgers.

Jamie's complaint states that as "designated control person" for the Dodgers, he "fired" her, and "from that point forward, he completely excluded her from every aspect of management..."

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

When are men gonna learn that women can't be trusted when it comes to money? Men should already know this especially rich men. I blame men for picking these golddiggers because there's some women that aren't golddiggers and those should be the women that men choose. Too many men only care about women's looks and their body and you gotta look past that because if you get a woman that's cute and got a nice body, it's guaranteed she's a golddigger.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

all women are gold diggers, some just take it too far

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 05-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I blame men for picking these golddiggers because there's some women that aren't golddiggers and those should be the women that men choose. Too many men only care about women's looks and their body....

Some women are gold-diggers, and some men only care about a woman's looks - both of them shallow and materialistic, so they deserve each other.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

It says they met in college and were married in 1979. That was over 30 years ago, so I'm sure at the time he wasn't thinking that she was gonna try to take him for his cash one day. Damn shame though, these chicks are greedy as hell. You definitely have to look out for yourself if you're crazy enough to get married.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I would never get married because i don't trust women when money is involved.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

You could get a prenuptial agreement.

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #8
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I wouldn't do that because i don't wanna get married period. Plus getting a divorce is expensive and i don't have a lot of money. That's why my parents haven't divorced because they don't have a lot of money because the way my dad treats my mom, my mom should've divorced him a long time ago.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah, I understand your point

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

It pisses me off that my dad gets mad at my mom sometimes because she did something to make him mad when he knows she has breast cancer. I told him that she's starting to lose her memory and that's because of the cancer. That's not her fault and he needs to be understanding but he won't do that. He's been a asshole all my life. That's why i left Maryland to move back to Cleveland when i graduated from high school so i could get away from him. I'm glad i'm back in Maryland because the jobs are better here but i want my own place.

I wanted to take my mom to Applebee's restaurant tomorrow for mother's day but i'm not gonna do that. I'll take her another time. My mom and i don't hang out that much. I take her to the movies every now and then and most of the time she falls asleep and i told her i wasn't gonna take her anymore because she falls asleep. Last movie we saw together was Temptation by Tyler Perry. I can't believe Kim Kardashian was in that LOL. She has no acting experience but i like looking at her LOL. I'm gonna get a pizza from Pizza Hut tomorrow and watch some movies with my mom for mother's day. I'll be devastated if my mom dies before me because she means a lot to me. She's always been good to me and i know most guys feel that way about their mothers.