news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

View Poll Results: WHO REALLY WON ???
Marvelous Marvin 0 0%
Sugar Ray 1 100.00%
Draw 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler vs 'Sugar' Ray Leonard

one of the ultimate classic fights of all time. when i first watched this back in the day i thought Hagler got robbed, was a bit biased as i'm a Hagler fan. not taking anything away from Leonard, he is a phenomenal boxer its just i prefer Hagler/Hearns over Ray.

that said, after watching this fight again, i'm gonna have to agree with the judges. Hagler was the aggressor but he missed too many shots and solid punches he landed werent convincing enough nor did they seem to hurt leonard. leonard stuck to his game plan and it worked. he was able to dodge most of marvin's punches and stick his flurries with precision.

thats my opinion on the fight right now. what do yall think ? who took it ?

Last edited by tekunique; 06-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.
tekunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
Charles Barry
ORDO AB CHAO

Charles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venomsCharles Barry five deadly venoms

I was only like five years old when this fight went down, but I remember them showing a replay it on Wide World of Sports when I was a bit older. I remember the first couple of rounds being crazy, and thinking that Sugar Ray won. It's been a long time though, so my memory is a bit hazy. I'm gonna try to watch this soon and drop my thoughts because this one comes up a lot when talking about GOAT fights.

Charles Barry is offline   Reply With Quote