news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default Rarest Hip Hop Album You Own?

Hey guys,

Just yesterday, my brother got me a present for my graduation. He got me a sealed OG 2xLP copy of Notorious B.I.G.'s 'Ready to Die'. Cost him $80 too. That made the question pop up to me, what's the rarest album (CD or vinyl) that you own? If you don't own any rare albums, what album are you proudest of owning?

In addition to my new Biggie vinyl, I own some other rare things too:

Pharaohe Monch - Internal Affairs (CD)
B.G. - Chopper City in the Ghetto (CD)
B.G. - Checkmate (CD)
Jay-Z - Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life (VINYL)
Nas - Stillmatic (VINYL), Lost Tapes (VINYL), God's Son (VINYL)
C-Murder - Life or Death (CD)

I'm proudest of owning my new sealed Ready to Die vinyl but my Nas vinyls aren't far behind. How bout you guys?

Peace.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I dont know about the vinyl but those CDs aren't that rare. Even though I own over 4000 CDs/Vinyl I don't think I have anything thats rare, maybe the original One Million Strong CD.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Young Gun
The Third Eye

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Vordul Mega's Spitamatic and Stay Up vinyls.

The Reavers' Terror Firma album. I know these are obscure, but might be rare.

Albums I'm proud to own are Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein & Heltah Skeltah's Nocturnal. Both of those albums put me in a unique, almost euphoric zone.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
I dont know about the vinyl but those CDs aren't that rare. Even though I own over 4000 CDs/Vinyl I don't think I have anything thats rare, maybe the original One Million Strong CD.
Well, I'd consider them kind of rare. They are out of print now so they're a bit hard to come by. I had to pay nearly $20 on Amazon for each of them individually. (the CDs) Pharoahe Monch's went out of print because of that Godzilla sample, not sure why B.G.'s stuff went out of print. (not all of it, just those two CDs for whatever reason)

I don't think the "One Million Strong" comp is that rare, I was able to cop it on Amazon for $4 used. (if I remember correctly)

I'm interested in your collection though bro. You should take some pics, I'd love to see them! I'm only a little over 700 CDs/vinyls.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post

I don't think the "One Million Strong" comp is that rare, I was able to cop it on Amazon for $4 used. (if I remember correctly)
Which cover did it have?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #6
mikeatris
CHICKEN HEAD

mikeatris grasshopper

I have a lot of rare tapes in my collection like the first Fat Boys, Skinny Boys, Just Ice first few on tape, The original Purple Tape from '95, not the reissue. Them are a few I can think of off the bat. I have tons of this shit and they still have the original cover and words on the tape. Kinda funny you asked that as I have a JVC tape deck and CD Changer in my car and I have a few tapes in there but mostly listen to Business as Usual and Daily Operation, as I have the first 3 of each of them groups on tape. Just bring back memories as I have not gotten rid of them yet.
mikeatris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

Oh another rare one I just remembered, I have a spare copy of A Long Hot Summer still in the plastic.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Which cover did it have?
It was this one.

Quote:
Oh another rare one I just remembered, I have a spare copy of A Long Hot Summer still in the plastic.
God damn man am I jealous! If you ever feel like giving that thing away, keep me in mind, haha!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Haven't got much rare hip hop stuff, got a few Wu records that are prolly OOP

La the Darkman - Heist of the Century CD (this was a bitch to get hold of!)
Pop Da Brown Hornet - Underground Emperor album CD
Killary - Dirty Weaponry on Vinyl
Ghostface - One and Ghost Showers Promos CDs

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Og Big l devils son vinyl, godfather don hazardous vinyl.

Last edited by Biz; 06-14-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Damon
The DZA

Damon crouching tigerDamon crouching tiger

Most of my CDs are generic, but I have a few rare cassettes.

2 Pac - Me Against The World (black cassette Canadian version)
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die (black cassette Canadian version)
Souls of Mischief - 93' Till Infinity (black cassette Canadian version)
De La Soul - Buhloone Mindstate (Promotional Canadian cassette by Polygram, now defunct)

The rarest is that De La Soul tape and I was thinking recently about throwing it up on ebay to see what it will get. The Ready To Die cassette is a good one too. Puffy limited cassette versions of that album because he knew CDs were the future. The US versions are clear, but the Canadian versions are black and were produced in very small numbers.

Damon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
Vordul Mega's Spitamatic and Stay Up vinyls.

The Reavers' Terror Firma album. I know these are obscure, but might be rare.

Albums I'm proud to own are Cannibal Ox's The Cold Vein & Heltah Skeltah's Nocturnal. Both of those albums put me in a unique, almost euphoric zone.
THOSE ALBUMS ARE WACK ESPECIALLY THE REAVERs

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #13
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Pharaohe Monch - Internal Affairs (CD)
Nas - Stillmatic (1st pressing w/braveheart party b4 it got removed) (CD)
Notorious BIG - Life after death (1st pressing CD)
Wu-Tang Clan - 8 Diagrams (1st pressing w/dvd)
Immortal Technique - Revolution 1 & 2 (before babygrande reissue)

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
It was this one.

God damn man am I jealous! If you ever feel like giving that thing away, keep me in mind, haha!
Yeah I have the original one from when it was initially released in 94-95, that cover is the one that was re-released after biggie and tupac blew up.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
LA zoo
CHICKEN HEAD

LA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snakeLA zoo Sinister snake

Off the top of my head:

Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle 1st press cassette (with Gz up Hoez Down)
Bone thugs n harmony - E.1999/Eternal 1st press CD with the original Crossroad
5th Ward Boyz (Rap-A-Lot cassette)
Tons of maxi singles (cassettes and CDs)
and my most prized are Lil B - Im Thraxx and 6 Kiss hard copies, also got Rain In England on CD and LP
LA zoo is offline   Reply With Quote