news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Exclamation Royce Da 5'9'' - Death Is Certain... golden age throwback... classic!!!!!!!!!!!

you having a bad day!?!?!? problems stacking up!?!??! bill collector blowing your phone up!??!?!!? fuck the world, go spin this album, youll feel better!!!!!!!!!

royce da 5'9'' is one of the most talented emcees in the game, his introduction on eminems debut had every hip hop head spinning waiting for him to drop his album!!!!!! rock city hit, rock city flopped, it had some joints, but niggas came away feeling like royce dropped the ball!!!!!!!!

time passes, royces buzz dips, expectations plummet, nickel gets dropped from the majors and lands on KOCH, and he answers back by dropping the best album of his career outta nowhere!!!!!!!!!!

royce had built up a reputation as a potent lyricist, but death is certain gave listeners ryan montogomery the man... he didnt try to hide the fact he was depressed and frustrated and ended up turning in one of the more memorable mic performances of the 2 grand in my opinion!!!!!!!!! royce used pain to make the best music of his career!!!!

the production is on some early 90's basement shit, july 6 blessed royce with some tracks that woulda fit on a biggie album, ty fyfee came with a heater, and primo blessed royce with another classic!!!!!!!!!!

dark album, honest album, when i first bought this joint in 04 i thought it sounded like something straight outta the 90's!!!!!!! this shit woulda got way more praise had it been released on cassette, believe that!!!!! i still get chills bumpin this joint, i think enough times passed to call it a classic!!!!!!!! no one couldve expected an album this personal from royce, nigga was known for being cold as ice!!!!!!!! the niggas that heard it, know what it is!!!!! unfortunately not enough people heard it, if youve never heard of royce, do yourself a major favor and buy this album next time youre out!!!!!!!!

^^ classic flip, biggie woulda been all over this!!!!!!!!!!

these sample tracks are the tip of the iceburg, dont sleep on this gem piece!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

funny, i was listening to this the other day, and i never was really a fan of Royce but this is a solid album.

still not a big fan but it is a quality album to listen t, that track about his homie dyin is dope

ELITE STATUS
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Good looks on giving this album the props it deserves. Shit was bangin hard in Detroit when it first came out.

'Hip Hop' was prolly my favorite joint in 2004. Amazing beat, sick lyrics.

Love the mood on the album. Real dark and depressing and you feel every word he's sayin

He shoulda thrown the D12 diss 'Malcom X' on it. He went hard on that

Last edited by 11th Chamber; 02-08-2010 at 12:06 PM.
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
Good looks on giving this album the props it deserves. Shit was bangin hard in Detroit when it first came out.

'Hip Hop' was prolly my favorite joint in 2004. Amazing beat, sick lyrics.

Love the mood on the album. Real dark and depressing and you feel every word he's sayin
word... it sounded like an album!!!!!!!!!

royce spazzed severely... on some real life shit... everything bothering son, was unleashed!!!!!!! just about every verse is a quotable on this joint, tip to tip, royce bodied it!!!!!!!

it hit longtime nickel fans like a load of bricks because royce is one of the cockiest niggas to ever pick up the mic... he wasnt trying to wow anybody with his wordplay on this joint, he was going straight for the jugular on some real life spit!!!!!!!!!!! you can feel the fury that was captured in the booth!!!!!!!!!

incredible performance!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM   #5
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

word, i got this in the collection but haven't dusted it off in a long time. i'ma try to throw it on the iPod tonight cuz i am in a fucked up mood with alot of problems and bullshit all around me so this would be fitting. easily Royce's best album, i had high hopes for "Street Hop" since Premier was supposed to be heavily involved but i was majorly dissapointed. it had it's joints tho

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
angry!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
word, i got this in the collection but haven't dusted it off in a long time. i'ma try to throw it on the iPod tonight cuz i am in a fucked up mood with alot of problems and bullshit all around me so this would be fitting. easily Royce's best album, i had high hopes for "Street Hop" since Premier was supposed to be heavily involved but i was majorly dissapointed. it had it's joints tho
definitely the right time to dust DIC off big homie!!!!

its courthouse music, newport music!!!!!!!!!!! audio stress ball!!!!!!!!!!!!

i actually loved street hop, but i bought that shit only to find the bootleg had a better mix!!!!! one of the worst mixes on a retail album in recent memory, fuckin wack!!!!!!!! street hop was an emcee album, royce flipping flows, one liners, storytelling joints... DIC was alot more personal, the type of shit thats tough to write!!!!!!! royce was in a bad place then man!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've been saying this for years, easily his best album. Something's Wrong With Him is straight up raw, and Death Is Certain was real as fuck on some emotional ish. Classic album, Royce's flow was at it's height - fluid as fuck. 6 July came through with some real dope beats as well.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
serioussam
SLIMEY SAVAGE

serioussam Village Idiot

this album is so dope
serioussam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

His cameo on bad meets evil is legendary.

Eminem's verse is incredible, but royce manages to follow him step by step.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

the group was legendary...shoulda did more
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 AM   #11
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

I love this album. Forgotten classic. Incredible production and lyricism.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Haha, I just put this on 2 minutes before I logged on.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #13
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I remember I used to alternate between this and Cormega - Legal Hustle. Never did decide which I preferred, both very underrated albums though...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

What would be you guys second fav Royce album?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Great album probably the best royce album out.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote