news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-18-2013, 04:43 AM   #61
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Lol i dont hate anything as much as you guys hate kanye.

I like that kanye does what he wants regardless if it pisses people off. 9 songs of techno grunge and a heartfelt love song. Lyrics could be better but thats not the point, why do something that pleases you guys? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
If you have a mortal hatred of Kanye West I'm guessing you probably actually need to 'broaden your horizons'. He's not something to be taken that seriously but at the same time he's one of the most progressive people in hip hop, by probably quite some distance. This album is AOTY contender, that's fucking obvious, and I'm not even his biggest fan, and my musical interests are probably something like king solomon's crib compared to whoever questioned it on the last page.

He's called his fucking album Yeezus. That's on step away from Spinal Tap yet I'm not going to deny this is a pretty fresh album. No one' saying he's reinvented anything, I already told you Death Grips did this sound better, if you can compare them. But Yeezus is better than any other rap album I'm hearing today.
haha, shut the fuck up man. You came back here especially to gush about this album. Saying Kanye is crafting layered satire and parody is ridiculous and gives him credit for making shitty music. I quoted the pussy that said this was ground breaking - scroll up a bit if you want to see him wax lyrical about how ground breaking this is.

People on here generally praise Kanye's music, most people enjoyed his last album. You and that Sosa faggit sound like a pair of 14 year old girls calling everyone "haters".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
Ghost in The Lac is white?
he tried on the whole "i'm a quarter african" thing for a while but came out as a full blown devil a couple of years ago.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #62
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this really has about the same level of artistic merit as a fucking commercial.

wonder how many more times Kanye is going to tell us he can't help buying expensive things, and it doesn't fulfil him, but still can't help but buy expensive things, but it doesn't fulfil him.

I think we're at least 3 albums deep with that amazing theme.

Lyrics on this album are somehow even worse than the beats - unfathomable. Every line on New Slaves is unintentionally ironic, as is a lot of the album. How the fuck are people going pretend Kanye isn't been sincere. He's pretty much incapable of humour or subtlety at this stage.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #63
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Hahaha, I'm a Kanye fan but man, this backlash is fucking funny. Not that I expected different but still, haha! My favorite comment was the one about Kanye being an "El-P who's spent too much time in gay clubs".
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #64
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

PatBateman you're really typical right now.

Every artist in rap music right now literally wishes they had 5% of what Kanye does or can do. Kanye is objectively a genius to most people in rap.

If I Am A God was just an instrumental underground electronic beat you found on youtube, Bateman, you'd be all over that shit.

Uh huh, honey.

Blood on the leaves my song right now.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM   #65
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
PatBateman you're really typical right now.

Every artist in rap music right now literally wishes they had 5% of what Kanye does or can do. Kanye is objectively a genius to most people in rap.

If I Am A God was just an instrumental underground electronic beat you found on youtube, Bateman, you'd be all over that shit.

Uh huh, honey.

Blood on the leaves my song right now.
Kanye was at his best when he was doing simple soul loops on College Dropout and Be. He fell off and he's complaining about stuff that he's part of himself, such a hypocrite. Kanye was never a good rapper, never. He made good beats (never that good), but now that even that is gone what else does he have to offer. It's disgusting how people talk about how innovative he is and how refreshing his music is. Get off his dick already. RZA was innovative and refreshing with Enter The Wu-Tang, El-P was innovating and refreshing because of Funcrusher Plus and Cold Vein. Kanye is NOT different. He's the same, but he acts like he's different. How is he a genius exactly? He admitted that he would rip Pete Rock drums and Dilla drums if they left the drums open. SURE HE IS A GENIUS.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #66
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just got a 9.5 on pitchfork. lol.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...e-west-yeezus/
Old 06-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #67
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Now here you have something worth listening made by Kanye.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #68
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Pitchfork and Kanye West; forever in love
Old 06-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #69
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

not bad. take it easy people. keep gettin trolled.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #70
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

100% Gutta tho...
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #71
Longbongcilvaringz

haha, 9.5 on pitchfork is about right. the review is hilarious if you can get past the cringe factor.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #72
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
People on here generally praise Kanye's music, most people enjoyed his last album. You and that Sosa faggit sound like a pair of 14 year old girls.
Pot kettle black. Your posts are 100% emotion.
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #73
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ok seems like were gonna have to contextualise this because Kanye brings out the hilarity in haters

If you wanna get into it that Bush racist/Taylor thing told you all you need to know about Kanye so why are you STILL confused who he is., he's emotional not intelligent, but he tries to speak on profound things and sounds stupid because of it.

Apply the same thing to his position in life, he's a rich celebrity in that world, but he's emotional not intelligent, an even though he doesn't like a lot that surrounds him, he can't help being his usual impulsive emotional self. And he comes off like a hypocrite when he marries Kardashian etc. In fact, he's just impulsive and losing his fucking mind in the spotlight being an intensely emotional fag

But you don't have to be intelligent to make powerful music you have to be emotional more than anything, and his music, in terms of hip hop at least, is on another fucking scale to basically every other artist, but people get put off it because he's the one rapping/singing on top of sounds and songs that otherwise they would probably like.

At this point reminder that Nasir Jones, probably one of the dumbest motherfuckers in rap made Illmatic, an album everyone here universally probably rates as the best rap album ever. Nas isn't at all emotional, and eh sounds stupid when speaking about profound things but his constraint helped him not sound stupid and his ability to sound "cool" trumped all else.

Yeezus is a great album.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #74
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Pot kettle black. Your posts are 100% emotion.
i'm just beside myself.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #75
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Ok seems like were gonna have to contextualise this because Kanye brings out the hilarity in haters

If you wanna get into it that Bush racist/Taylor thing told you all you need to know about Kanye so why are you STILL confused who he is., he's emotional not intelligent, but he tries to speak on profound things and sounds stupid because of it.

Apply the same thing to his position in life, he's a rich celebrity in that world, but he's emotional not intelligent, an even though he doesn't like a lot that surrounds him, he can't help being his usual impulsive emotional self. And he comes off like a hypocrite when he marries Kardashian etc. In fact, he's just impulsive and losing his fucking mind in the spotlight being an intensely emotional fag

But you don't have to be intelligent to make powerful music you have to be emotional more than anything, and his music, in terms of hip hop at least, is on another fucking scale to basically every other artist, but people get put off it because he's the one rapping/singing on top of sounds and songs that otherwise they would probably like.

At this point reminder that Nasir Jones, probably one of the dumbest motherfuckers in rap made Illmatic, an album everyone here universally probably rates as the best rap album ever. Nas isn't at all emotional, and eh sounds stupid when speaking about profound things but his constraint helped him not sound stupid and his ability to sound "cool" trumped all else.

Yeezus is a great album.
That's great news although if i wanted an insight into the lives' of reality tv stars like Kanye, i'd probably be as stupid as you guys.

Calling Nas one of the dumbest rappers ever is overlooking the amazing pool of dumb rappers that have come and gone. In fact, one of the greatest dumb rappers of all time, Prodigy, made a much better album than Kanye's. And he's pretty much at the nadir of his career talent wise.