0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #136
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman
 
Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: On The Porch (ass no trousers)
Posts: 4,669
Rep Power: 42
Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Belding View Post


ahahahaha this is cringeworthy
lmao, why's he dressed like an extra from Star Trek The Next Generation?
__________________

When I'm writing in my room







It's like a child that's fighting in the womb


- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:55 AM   #137
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Rep Power: 16
Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default

It's not like he's doing it just to do it, it's the video for the song.
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #138
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Rep Power: 16
Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default

The artist in me gets a kick out of hearing all of the references in Picasso Baby. Im pretty sure Rothko and Koons have never been referenced in a hip-hop song.
My problem, though, is that uneasy feeling that he's talking about these works of art like he would a new watch or new car, strictly as a commodity. At the end of the day I guess it's better than nothing, at least he has art on his walls and not just plaques and jerseys.
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #139
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,433
Rep Power: 61
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Thats exactly it. Picasso is the most famous artist with the most expensive paintings therefore to jay-z hes immediately the best. Lmao.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:38 AM   #140
josborne3680
Peace CT
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: CT, USA
Posts: 536
Rep Power: 0
josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta
Default

Halfway thru the album. "Heaven" is the closest thing to a Wu track without any Wu direct involvement maybe ever. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #141
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman
 
Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: On The Porch (ass no trousers)
Posts: 4,669
Rep Power: 42
Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
Koons have never been referenced in a hip-hop song.
Pretty sure they have...
__________________

When I'm writing in my room







It's like a child that's fighting in the womb


- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #142
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Rep Power: 16
Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Thats exactly it. Picasso is the most famous artist with the most expensive paintings therefore to jay-z hes immediately the best. Lmao.
Well at least it can be argued that Picasso is the best, if there's such a thing, but I get what you're saying. Basquiat seems to be his favorite, which makes sense considering his ties to the early hip-hop scene.
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #143
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,433
Rep Power: 61
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Yeah he also mentions warhol a lot. Warhol and basquiat both stink imo. Id rather have some spinning rims...
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #144
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Rep Power: 16
Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Warhol and basquiat both stink imo.
What makes you say that?
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #145
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,433
Rep Power: 61
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
What makes you say that?
Personal taste.

Warhol invented hipsters lol. Some of basquiats stuff is okay but overrated and i don't like it when hes referred to as graffiti, same with banksy. The main thing i don't like is the way the art looks. Thats a deal breaker for me when im looking at a visual medium.

I know they were important in their own ways for their styles. Anyway i think jay-z just likes them because they cost a lot. Bragging about having that tacky shit hanging on your wall? Please.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #146
diggy
The ABBOTT
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: O-Block
Posts: 11,011
Blog Entries: 4
Rep Power: 51
diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

It may be more strategic than that. Jay Z making these references links him with greatness and could make him seem great and sophisticated.
__________________







Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #147
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,433
Rep Power: 61
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
It may be more strategic than that. Jay Z making these references links him with greatness and could make him seem great and sophisticated.
Obviously. He calls himself the modern day pablo on that song. Infact hes a bum that doesn't have a fraction of Bob Ross' artistic vision.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #148
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101
 
EAGLE EYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Quantum Computer
Posts: 40,265
Rep Power: 10
EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
lmao, why's he dressed like an extra from Star Trek The Next Generation?
Because he's waiting for the scientologists to pick him up in the mothership.

They need a camel to store water on Mars or whatever POS planet they land on.
__________________




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #149
Punch
Veteran Member
 
Punch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,657
Rep Power: 16
Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Personal taste.

Warhol invented hipsters lol. Some of basquiats stuff is okay but overrated and i don't like it when hes referred to as graffiti, same with banksy. The main thing i don't like is the way the art looks. Thats a deal breaker for me when im looking at a visual medium.

I know they were important in their own ways for their styles. Anyway i think jay-z just likes them because they cost a lot. Bragging about having that tacky shit hanging on your wall? Please.
LOL I think we can give Warhol credit for a little more than that, but if you don't like the way it looks then there really not much I can argue against. I will argue against it being tacky though.
__________________
As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
- Kurt Vonnegut

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #150
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman
 
Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: On The Porch (ass no trousers)
Posts: 4,669
Rep Power: 42
Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Belding View Post
Because he's waiting for the scientologists to pick him up in the mothership.

They need a camel to store water on Mars or whatever POS planet they land on.
__________________

When I'm writing in my room







It's like a child that's fighting in the womb


- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one