news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #61
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
I dont hate Jay-Z or his music, i just don't understand how people hold him in such high regard.
co-sign.

plus, like someone said in another thread, he is the most unoriginal artist in hip-hop, and he has some really CORNY CORNY music in his catalogue.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #62
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #63
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post

Hahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #64
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Gifted mc is the only thing there thats relevant. I dont think anyone disagrees that hes skilled. The issue is, as an artist hes been repeating himself musically and thematically for over 10 years. And his subject matter is nauseatingly vapid.

My opinion is that hes a square rapping about his latest business deals. Whats artful about an 'artist' that never lets you forget that he does this purely for the money?
Come on man, even Wu have been rapping bout the same shit since they started. (Ghostface is versatile but the others...not as much) When it comes down to it, the rapping is damn good so the subject matter becomes less important.

Does the fact that Thomas Edison was in it purely for the monetary benefits make him a bad inventor or any less an important one?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #65
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Come on man, even Wu have been rapping bout the same shit since they started. (Ghostface is versatile but the others...not as much) When it comes down to it, the rapping is damn good so the subject matter becomes less important.

Does the fact that Thomas Edison was in it purely for the monetary benefits make him a bad inventor or any less an important one?
Wu-tang still have variety within that 'same shit'. Plus they are relatable and they find new ways to say these things. maybe its just my taste but i dont think somebody bragging about their wealth has any merit artistically. Edison was a great inventor, jay-z is a great rapper. Jay-z is not a good artist, not for years.

Art and craft are two separate things.

Art and business are also two separate concepts. Their goals and ideals conflict.

How can you even suspend your disbelief long enough to believe that jay-z cares about his art when all he does is talk about money?
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #66
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Wu-tang still have variety within that 'same shit'. Plus they are relatable and they find new ways to say these things. maybe its just my taste but i dont think somebody bragging about their wealth has any merit artistically. Edison was a great inventor, jay-z is a great rapper. Jay-z is not a good artist, not for years.

Art and craft are two separate things.

Art and business are also two separate concepts. Their goals and ideals conflict.

How can you even suspend your disbelief long enough to believe that jay-z cares about his art when all he does is talk about money?
Lol at wu-tang being more relatable, how is that? You're not living either lifestyle, not even 36 chambers days. Kill that noise, like kjr stated wu has been rapping about the same shit for the past 10 years as well. Lets keep it real. At this point it's all just a matter of who you're willing to tolerate.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #67
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Lol at wu-tang being more relatable, how is that? You're not living either lifestyle, not even 36 chambers days. Kill that noise, like kjr stated wu has been rapping about the same shit for the past 10 years as well. Lets keep it real. At this point it's all just a matter of who you're willing to tolerate.
Has nothing to do with lifestyle. It has to do with a realistic human perspective. Jay-z had that on reasonable doubt.

I dont think you're totally wrong, it ends up just being opinion. I just know if i hear jay-z hes gonna talk about champagne and exotic vacations and cash in an exclusive, pretentious way. I dont see the appeal.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post

Does Rick Rubin give out any advice on masturbation and absorbing female orgasm juice in this app?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #69
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

Basic cover....too basic for this LP. That is, considering how much of a groundbreaking release this has been billed as. The artwork, the face of your product needs to be(for me at least) exactly that.

So strange.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #70
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Jay-Z albums are more interesting than a lot of underground artists who think they make good music because they are 'underground'. Pathetic. I will be checking this out with no expectations.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #71
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Damn man, is the only Jay-Z you've heard the first half of "Watch The Throne" and "Blueprint 3"? Jay-Z raps about a lot more than just money.

Even the tracks that do talk about money (and all Jay tracks for that matter) have great producers with a vision and talent. Jay chooses these beats/producers himself and laces the beat with his raps. The result is a LOT of great sounding tracks with great beats. Sure, maybe it's not always revolutionary or game changing, but how the fuck does that not count as quality and worthwhile art?

Last edited by KJR; 07-03-2013 at 06:40 PM.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #72
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Damn man, is the only Jay-Z you've heard the first half of "Watch The Throne" and "Blueprint 3"? Jay-Z raps about a lot more than just money.
I guarantee you even the songs that aren't all about money, he manages to talk about money somewhere in the song.

And I already said he has good material (over 10 years ago).

I don't know. Whatever turns you on. To me hes just boring, musically, content wise...
Old 07-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #73
Heavy Ammunition
CHICKEN HEAD

Heavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkey

2 more hoursssss.

Dude raps about what he knows.....and that's money. He got what, like 20 million from Samsung to do this whole promotion shit with them.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #74
Heavy Ammunition
CHICKEN HEAD

Heavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkeyHeavy Ammunition iron monkey

So the app, pretty much fuckin froze. So much for the early download BS
Old 07-04-2013, 02:03 AM   #75
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Ammunition View Post
So the app, pretty much fuckin froze. So much for the early download BS
lol, that's just the Illuminati checking your phone via the app

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote