news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 06-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Kanha
Wu Vatican

Kanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkey
Default U-God & Scotty Wotty appreciation!

A lot of love to brother U-God for delivering fire since "dopium", and a lot of appreciation for his work with Scotty Wotty. This "Keynote speaker" album sounds HOT, and I hope we'll here more from U-God and Scotty Wotty!
Kanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Kanha
Wu Vatican

Kanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...J9VEUfo#at=137
Kanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkey

It's dope that Golden Arms is finally getting to shine over the right production. The more I listen to U-God's older work, the more I'm able to connect his lines. For a long while it was common of people to underrate U-God, but I feel that was mostly due to the pictures he'd paint being incredibly dense and can't be immediately grasped like Meth or INS. The big issue has been production though, and I feel that's finally being corrected to translate into a banging album. I think The W said this, but this is his best work since Golden Arms Redemption, makes Dopium look like a warm up album.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #4
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im pretty sure Redemption went Gold... MK & Deck cant say the same about their debuts...
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkeyYoung Gun iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
im pretty sure Redemption went Gold... MK & Deck cant say the same about their debuts...

True. And rightfully so, it's a solid album other than a few missteps.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Jamal Arief
Veteran Member

Jamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkeyJamal Arief iron monkey

I always liked Uey a lot: Dope voice, good, complex lyricist (Young Gun put it well), funny dude. Even flow-wise: On pretty much every Clan song he is featured on, he is among the best, often enough outshining his brothers - from way back to now!
I'm just glad to see he is making better decisions these days and gets his shine. I loved Dopium (one of my favorite Wu solos of the last 5 years or so, and Uey's best IMO), and this new one seems very promising as well.

More power to Baby-U!

Peace.

Oh yeah, and big ups to Jackpot too!
Jamal Arief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
Nah Deck went gold, he's stated that in a few interviews. Most recently the one he did with Hiphopdx.com when Manifesto was dropping. But with that said This is a good thread. U-God has had his ups and downs, but I finally think he's at that point where he knows what works for him and he's running with it. Don't forget his classics such as "To the rescue", "semi automatic" and a bunch of classic verses on clan projects.
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #8
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Old 06-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

I have been saying this for years, even in argument with my buddies i always chose u-god as my fav MC from the clan, for some strange reason i liked u-god from the very first minute i heard his verse on da mystery of chessboxing.
And as has already been said his production choices was always an issue (Mr. Xcitement) but since he's now kinda re-seen the light with regards to his production choices i hope he get all the shine that he deserves.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #10
biggorfries
SLIMEY SAVAGE

biggorfries shaolin monk

Yes U-God has been pretty dope at times (early wu albums)..

But it can't be overlooked that he has also made the worst wu album in the catalogue (yes its worse than ying and the yang, Tical 0 etc), that is Mr. Xcitement. Still, this album is funny and entertaining to some extent.
biggorfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato iron monkeyMiliato iron monkeyMiliato iron monkeyMiliato iron monkey

what's the story on Scotty Wotty? I think Rae shouted him out on Cuban Linx but i never actually heard him until Dopium.

found this...Shadez of Brooklyn feat. Scotty Wotty - Wanted Men (prod. Beatminerz) 1998

looks like he used this on Dopium

Last edited by Miliato; 06-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #12
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Hes great on clan albums but his solos are dull, i think hes good at writing verses but not good at writing songs.

I feel the opposite way about masta killa, he just sucks the momentum out of clan songs. But he has a strong vocal presence that works on its own.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #13
GHOSTTOAST
Crackheads Beware !!!!

GHOSTTOAST grasshopper

IMO Baby U had that style where he was always trying to mimic Ghost and Rae's stream of conscience but his delivery was just way off and brought alot of the clan's stuff down if he wasn't bridging the gap between the other brothers on songs...i think he noticed that and switched his spittin techniques to a more clearer point of view just like Ghost but in his case he was sorta like stepping out of they shadows and into his own and yo the cat is nice as hell like that ...surely he's always been the most underrated out the clan but now that us fans are really starting to notice him he's just gettin better where as sum clan members have regressed to sum degree...turbulence is still my shit tho !
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #14
diabolos88

diabolos88 shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
what's the story on Scotty Wotty? I think Rae shouted him out on Cuban Linx but i never actually heard him until Dopium.

found this...Shadez of Brooklyn feat. Scotty Wotty - Wanted Men (prod. Beatminerz) 1998

looks like he used this on Dopium

Do some google research as I did a while ago...

Interview below, GZA talks about teaching Scotty Wotty to MC:
http://archive.ohword.com/features/33/?pg=all

Here's an old thread where they list where Scotty Wotty is mentioned in songs:
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78395
diabolos88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #15
Guarded By Martyrs
Underestimated From Day 1

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Don't forget his classics such as "To the rescue", "semi automatic" and a bunch of classic verses on clan projects.
Well said Hollow and "To The Rescue" is insanity.

Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote