news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #16
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Fucking wack. This is way worse than RAP Music. El-P and Killer Mike, possibly the most overrated duo in hiphop at the moment.
Have any evidence/reasoning to back that hefty claim up?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Have any evidence/reasoning to back that hefty claim up?
Evidence? I'm listening to it and it sounds like a mainstream/experimental crossover. This is the problem I'm having with El-P the last couple of years. He fell off after High Water (this album somehow didn't get the credit it deserved). The hihats on this album are extremely corny. Explain to me what feeling do the beats on here give to you? There's no direction, he threw some samples in there, basslines that don't work and synths that suck. The rapping isn't that bad, but I definitely don't like it. It has some moments, but the production ruins everything. LOL @ El-P being at his best right now as an MC.

When El-P was experimenting with Funcrusher Plus, Cold Vein and his first 2 solo's he actually tried something different and it didn't sound forced. Album = incoherent imo.

Seriously wtf is this?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
main_man
corpin' while nude, bitch

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^^ great essay, fag.

stick to fingerpoppin your own asshole to aubrey.

and if you EVER lol @ something i say again I will drag my sweaty dick & balls across your pale euro face very slowly & deliberately. and you will love every satisfying second of it.

"Blessed be the Lord
Who believe any mess they read up on a message board
If so, I got bridges for the low low
Same bitch'll a go dry snitchin' to the popo"
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #19
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I swear you guys got your personalitys free with a happy meal.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
KJR
Master Ninja

^hahaha, Sosa telling it like it is!
Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
WooHa
Avant-garde

WooHa drunken mastaWooHa drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
Evidence? I'm listening to it and it sounds like a mainstream/experimental crossover. This is the problem I'm having with El-P the last couple of years. He fell off after High Water (this album somehow didn't get the credit it deserved). The hihats on this album are extremely corny. Explain to me what feeling do the beats on here give to you? There's no direction, he threw some samples in there, basslines that don't work and synths that suck. The rapping isn't that bad, but I definitely don't like it. It has some moments, but the production ruins everything. LOL @ El-P being at his best right now as an MC.

When El-P was experimenting with Funcrusher Plus, Cold Vein and his first 2 solo's he actually tried something different and it didn't sound forced. Album = incoherent imo.

Seriously wtf is this?
shut up fool
WooHa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:16 AM   #22
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's a fun record that reminds me of 1993. it has everything I thought it will have, flows, beats, some hard rhymes, minimum of seriousness

I like it far more than RA the Rugged Man because of that

ofc it's nothing like RAP Music, since RAP Music was more serious, and part2 is coming up, anyway
Old 06-30-2013, 06:35 AM   #23
KJR
Master Ninja

^Wow, that's been confirmed?! That'd be sweet!

This album is kind of like Gang Starr's "Hard to Earn". The entirety of it is about how wack other rappers are and how messed up the music industry is. El and Mike of course bring their best angry rhymes and flows set against El's unique production.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. NICK RIVIERA View Post
I like it far more than RA the Rugged Man because of that
Lol, that album sounds like it was A&R'd by RA's hypekid...

This goes hard as fuck though!

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #25
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Killer Mike also revealed a few details about two other projects he has in the works, the long-touted The Elegant Elephant and a sequel to last year’s collaborative project with El-P R.A.P. Music. Although he couldn’t give any update on Elegant Elephant, a project he described as “my Moby Dick,” he said that that R.A.P. Music II will tentatively drop in 2014.

“For R.A.P. Music II, me and El are gonna do shrooms, smoke weed and go back in a do it again” he said. “For The Elegant Elephant, that is my Moby Dick. I’m the captain of a ship on a fuckin’ boat chasing that whale. I’m supposed to evolve into whatever The Elegant Elephant is going to be, and I can’t honestly tell you the sound, except for it’s going to be musical and it’s going to be big and it’s gonna be soulful…[but] I’ll definitely have R.A.P. Music II and Pledge IV finished and ready for 2014.”
Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #26
KJR
Master Ninja

^Thanks for that man! It's funny that Mike's already got his drugs planned out for his next album, lol! Is that common among active musicians? haha
Old 07-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #27
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

not bad. el-p shouldn't rap.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #28
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

El-P has a much better delivery than before. And still a better voice than Cage, Eminem or Apathy ever did.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #29
KJR
Master Ninja

^I agree with that. His voice is great and his raps are really good too. I don't know what you fuckers are bitching about. Both this and C4C prove that El can rap his ass off.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #30
main_man
corpin' while nude, bitch

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think el has been proving he can rap since funcrusher.

they both rip this album though.

[Verse 1: El-P]
That was me in BK on Atlantic
Never looked both ways, ran in traffic
Pops went away but I stayed, vagrant
Place where steel and cement became nature
Love what you did with the place, it looks gorgeous
Cityscape where the blood of good men courses
And the dreamers are bull trapped in porcelain
Take a knee to the gods and get horse shit
Wanna live for the thrill? They'll arrange it
Got bevy of imps to spit hatred
Shit'll get in your head and cause panic
Have you desperately begging to get famous
Get your dignity dirty and left orphaned
Sanity on the fringe of distorted
Who are they to just take shit and hoard it?
Who am I that I don't get my portion?
The most impressionable minds get molested and informed by manipulating forces
Don't fret little man, don't cry, they can never take the energy inside you were born with
Knowing that, understand you could never be poor, you already won the war, you were born rich
You can only take the energy you have going back to the realm or the home where your lord is
Whoever whatever that lord is couldn't give a fuck if you ever made fortunes
Fuck anyone ever trying to run that bum shit
Send 'em to the flames where the orcs live
Them and the lost minds thinking they're smarter than us
Don't understand love's importance
And we can weaponize that, bring 'em back to the truth where the ashes and dust got formed in

[Verse 2: Killer Mike]
The beat breaks and your teeth break
Keep your canines embedded in my knuckles as a keepsake
It would seem your veneers just mere souvenirs falling out your mouth and on to the landscape
Me and EL-P do the secret handshake
Then I pummel punch a pumpkin head punk in his pimple face
'Till he's punch drunk cause he's sweet as a pound cake
(Ain't he pussy, Mike?) Yeah, El, I'll say
Into the wild, wildstyle ghetto child running wild
Where the lions and the owls stay
The powers that be even offered reprieve, told us they'll take us out if we bow to our knees
But they can give that to the kings and queens and the worshipers of idols and followers of things
Cause I would rather be in the jungle with the savages
It's kill or be killed and I'm working with the averages
My professor Emeritus say we been cursed being brought to the Americas
How you raise a whole human single parent, no marriages no sense of heritage
Planned Parenthood helping plan miscarriage, but I'm lucky mommy already had a narrative
Productive of a teenage love, my arrogance to rise from the pride and job my parents did
Named Mike I was told it was godlike, even danced with the devil, came out alright
OK, honor y'all? No way
Still spell America with the triple K
Word up to Spice 1 and O'Shea
And any MC peepin' what I go through
Real rap, my last line's so true
Rest in peace to Pimp C and Camu too
We do it for you

"Blessed be the Lord
Who believe any mess they read up on a message board
If so, I got bridges for the low low
Same bitch'll a go dry snitchin' to the popo"
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote