news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 01-25-2010, 01:51 PM   #1
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Stankonia was a classic album.

Ive been listening to this CD alot recently, I cant believe how much it is slept on these days. Its fucking incredible piece of music, right through. I honestly wouldnt have a problem with anyone saying its the best Outkast album actuall.y

The soundscape here is breathtaking no homo.

I know its too fonky and musically inclined for alot of you homos, but people need to wake up on this shit. You just dont get Hip Hop like this anymore.

THe energy, the lyricl content, the production

Everything is somply ON ANOTHER LEVEL to 97% of al othr hip hop. This album moves hip hop forward. Honestly this album has the potential to ruin all other hip hop for me.

And the range ofthis album was off the scale never before seen. You got shit like toilet tisha, to humble mumble, to gasoloine dreams, to ms jackson to gangsta shit, to Stanklove

and the best hip hop record of the decade B.o.B

On the mic Dre and Bog Boi ooze fucking presence, wit, flow, creativity, and EarthtoneIII production team just get everything so DOPE.

Fuck it, it cant be described, just go back and listen to the CD and surprise yourself.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and then it finished on this

yo

the best compliment i can pay this album is that YOU REALLY DO feel like youve just been on another planet called Stankonia for the last 70 mins.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah it was...

this is the joint that put them over the top...

also the breaking point stylistically between andre and big boi!!!!!!

andre seemed uninterested in delivering his words in standard verse format here, he was using a lot of plug ins and effects, singing...

but every verse he spit on this shit shredded me!!!!! his patterns elevated AGAIN, and his delivery was on steroids, his skillset reached unseen heights!!!!!!!!!

big boi held it down, one of the most consistent personalities and emcees in hip hop history, not only a stablizing force... a fuckin monster with the rhymes!!!!!!

rock, funk, soul, rap... stankonia had flavor!!!!!!!!

"we luv deez hoes"... bang that shit on the strip!!!!!!! a lot of highlights, "ms.jackson" hit me like a gram of coke!!!!!!

b-real, big boi, and andre record... forget about it... that shit was flaming!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Yeah this was the last album where they were still together enough to make a cohesive album as a duo. Its a perfect successor to Aquemini. Big Boi holds the whole thing down to Earth, saving Dre from floating the whole thing into space on some too crazy shit.

When I hear Big Boi on these soundscapes all im thinking is this is the flyest Space Pimp i ever heard ahahaahahhaha

They elevated shit so much on this

When i say classic album, i mean all in music, not just hip hop

This albums shows what hip hop can contribute to the music world. It can draw from Funk, Jazz, Soul all seemlessly, and add the liquid flexibilty of MC'ing over the top!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

word

could never decide which I liked the most out of ATLiens, Aquemini and Stankonia.

I never try to like personally rank those three albums.

that just goes to show you how great they are.
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Just like The W, this album has a special place in a my heart no homo becuause I bought it when it came out as a teenager and it was being played alot through them years, I connect with it because of that

I think the music you play growing up defines your taste, The W and Stankonia both came out the same year, I still have the same CD's, I just remember doing so much stupid shit with these albums playing in the background, whedda it be bombing your first shottie, up all night on the phone to a bitch, in your walkman while your on the skateboard, house parties, good times generally!!

I feel sorry for kids these days growing up on Slaughterhouse.

Last edited by Ghost In The 'Lac; 01-25-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #7
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i love their entire catalogue!!!!!!

i thought speakerboxxx was bangin, the love below was fly, throw that on with ya girl....

but from southernplaylistic to stankonia, you could track the development and progression of big and dre each passing album!!!!!!

it finally hit its breaking point, and it was fuckin brilliant!!!!!!!!

when andre showed up rockin a turban on ATLiens, yall should of known where it was going!!!!! big boi still smokin that purp, still rockin those furs, hes a rock!!!!!!

ima bang "gangsta shit" on the ride home... mean as ever!!!!! tip to tip this album was a circus, raw ass jungle music!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

I think we can safely say Dre is the only person in a platinum bob weave Raekwon has appeared on stage with!

Just adds flava imo!

But you know Dre used to be one of these mean grillin street niggas though. I heard stories about Dre back in the day used to spend his nights sittin back in his caddy at nights just holdin the heat waiting for shit to pop off, im not lyin! They said Dre used to be one of the darker brothers in the gang, never went anywhere without the heater in his lap.

People wouldnt beleieve that about Dre.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Senator C. Palantine
Wobbling Totem Poles

Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Senator C. Palantine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Album is the shit.

3ks major homo platinum wigs and outfits are also the shit.

I still prefer ATLiens and Aquemini thought.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Until about last week, I did too.

Now theyre all dead even.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

bump
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I probably wouldn't limit their uniqueness to just one album but as a whole, looking at their discography they are easily one of the most original groups in hip hop.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #13
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Love this album

this was my fuckin shit. Slimm and Dre murked the fuck outta that track
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 PM   #14
Tommy
Starvin' individuals kill

Tommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkeyTommy iron monkey

I agree with you when you say that this is not only a classic hip hop album, but also a classic music album, up there with rock, funk, soul, jazz, reggae etc. The same goes with Aquemini; a lot of people may have a problem with hip hop artists branching out to other cultures and other genres of music but I welcome it, it just shows how important and beneficial hip hop is to the overall world of music as a whole.

I always love albums that may possibly go over my head at first because it gives me more reason to go back and listen to them a lot more, this happened with all of OutKast's albums, and I feel a lot better knowing I gave them a chance to soak in. I'm still in the process of completely taking in the great experience that is Stankonia and I doubt I'll ever ultimately finish, B.O.B is a fucking feat in itself, what a track.

One of the reasons I love OutKast so much as well is how they've grown through each album, as all the other great music artists have, from The Beatles to Stevie Wonder to The Beach Boys to the Beastie Boys, they all progressed their art forwards from album to album, adding something new to their arsenal each time.

Props for bringing this subject up.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

^yo good post

This album though, I dont hear any other genre competing with the shit on this album, musically. Theres so much going on, pure expression, literally just dripping out of every millisecond with creativity and NEWness. Big Boi's the man but Andre needs to go down in History as a genius for this shit.

How do you even start to come up with an album like this? They created something totally new out of nothing. Nothing in Hip Hop compares to outkast. Thats me being honest. Their skills are unmatched.

And not once in the album do you hear any raps about how good they are at rapping.