news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating?
5/5 - Classic! 0 0%
4/5 - Banger! 1 100.00%
3/5 - Average 0 0%
2/5 - Below Average 0 0%
1/5 - Mediocre 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey
Default Jamal - Last Chance, No Breaks

1. "Live Illegal"
2. "Keep It Live"
3. "Situation"
4. "Insane Creation"
5. "Fades ’Em All"
6. "The Game"
7. "Da Come Up"
8. "Don't Trust No"
9. "Keep It Real"
10. "Genetic For Terror"
11. "Unfuckwittable"

Did any of you ever check this album out? If so what did you think of it?
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

lol @ the duck face album cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #3
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Just falls short of classic but very enjoyable especially as a companion to muddy waterz, enigma and double or nothing. Very chilled out funk vibe.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
KJR
Master Ninja

^So is Double or Nothing your fav Sermon album? I think I like his debut more. And of course, Darkside is better than Muddy Waters for me.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Double or nothing is one of my favorites yeah. Super chilled production.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #6
David Daniel Davis
N.I.

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Fantastic l.p.; unfortunately his follow up Hot Rocks, which was supposed to drop in 2001 never did. The Mike Dean produced Da Come Up is my personal favorite track on this joint
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Jamal was supposed to do a 2nd album called Hot Rocks? I never heard about that. I did wonder why he disappeared after Last Chance No Breaks. I think his album was alright. Fades Em All is the best song on the album. I love that beat and props to Redman for producing that. I wonder why him and Malik broke up. KJR, have you heard Illegal's album The Untold Truth? It's pretty good. We Gets Busy with Erick Sermon is my favorite on there. The video is tight. I don't know why they dissed Kris Kross and Da Youngstas on the song. It's sad that several 90's rappers disappeared after one or two albums like Smoothe Da Hustler, Trigger Tha Gambler, The Cru, Artifacts, Channel Live, The B.U.M.S., Tracey Lee, Rampage, Craig Mack, Lord Digga. I know the record business is tough but there's always independent record companies that guys can sign with if they don't like major record companies.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

He's still an active rapper and producer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_%28rapper%29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
KJR
Master Ninja

Be surprised if it ever comes out...^
Old 08-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I remember he signed with Yukmouth's label. I forgot about that. He'll never do a album again. I didn't know his former partner Malik did a album in 2005 that he rapped on. I'm gonna have to look and see if Amazon.com has it. I was gonna buy Jamal's only album from Amazon but they're asking for too much money because it's outta print. His album wasn't really all that great. So i'm just gonna buy his single Fades Em All from Amazon. I love that song and it's the best one on the album. He has a song called Genetic For Terror that's on the album with Keith Murray and L.O.D. which is good but that's about the only other song on the album that's good.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #11
KJR
Master Ninja

^Haha, I think all the songs here are great! Especially "Insane Creation" with Redman.
Also Charles, I kept my eye on the Amazon listing for a while and I was able to nab a copy of it in great condition for a little over $15 (incl shipping). Needless to say, I'm happy with the price and the album.