news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 06-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #46
adriatic

adriatic grasshopper
Default Re: what do yall think of The W

Yeah I hate to break up the W lovefest but I've always been lukewarm on this album.

It has some good songs but nothing I ever get the overwhelming urge to listen to. For the long awaited 3rd Clan album I just expected so much more, especially since Supreme Clientele dropped earlier that year and just blew me away.

I also like Iron Flag better but I won't start that debate up again...
adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:11 AM   #47
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Def. a hott album
Old 06-23-2005, 01:12 AM   #48
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

its generally a good album. the end.
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:46 AM   #49
Universal Assassin

Universal Assassin grasshopper

It was not as cohesive as I expected it would be, but overall above average beats and above average lyrics. It was a good piece of hip hop. But damn how can you be at your best without the Ol' Dirty Bastard's energy. The Wu's best two group albums were the ones that O.D.B. was an intrigal part of, (36 Chambers and Forever).
R.I.P. Dirty.
Universal Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 04:41 AM   #50
zzzzzz
Banned

zzzzzz grasshopper

Nice Album
zzzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 06:56 AM   #51
mic-cord-strangler
Veteran Member

mic-cord-strangler shaolin monk

well Im real glad most people agree
Old 06-23-2005, 07:55 AM   #52
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

I'm not going to lie about my opinion about this album, I JUST CAN'T DO IT!
the album sucked, just flat out sucked. there's a couple good tracks on it but the fact that it had so many bad tracks on it is pretty sad considering it's a wu-tang clan album.
the good tracks: chamber music, I can't go to sleep, do you really, and gravel pit.
the rest of the album just sucks in my opinion. and before someone says, "But protect ya neck the jump off is one of the wu singles ever!"... uhh no. the problem with that song is that it starts off with this insane wuxia movie sample so I'm thinking this is going to be hot as hell!... then the tracks starts playing with that "OOH AHH" beat and I'm like "what the fuck is this bullshit!" then I start to listen to it further and relise that none of the wu-tang members seem to know how to rhyme over the track.
thwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #53
PN_00
Veteran Member

PN_00 grasshopper
Default Re: The W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonous Rebel
Thank you!! Man I thought I was the only one thinking like that about that song. I never even listened to it fully, I always skip it. I think that has to be the worst wu-track ever made on a wu album as a group.

Anyways I enjoyed the album after listening to it a few times, its mad underrated IMO. But "Let My Niggas Live" deffinetely aint a classic yo, The nicest tracks are Chambermusik, Carefull (Click Click), Redbull, Hollow Bones, Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) The Monument and Gravel Pit IMO. I liked Iron Flag better than The W too.
yeah i agree those are the best songs and yeah iron flag was better
PN_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 01:46 PM   #54
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

i love every song on the album except for maybe conditioner. i like i cant go to sleep because 'walk on by' has arguably the greatest instrumental break ever.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:35 AM   #55
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

click click omgosh so tight. I like the song after MC Conditioner the one where Gza raps. And the one after the last song think it might be called clap? Whole album is banging. Redman made me laugh with the "I roll through ya hood in an icecream truck and pull a mac outta a box of snow cones. YEAH YOU LITTLE FUCKS! GIMME YA FUCKING MONEY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
then she started telling me that she can't drink house drinks or cheap vodak, that it has to be ciroc or patron or else she gets sick. Bitch you better guzzle this Bartons and take an advil.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:11 AM   #56
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

^holy Crap Look At The Size Of That Sig!
thwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 10:40 AM   #57
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

The W is the bomb its a banger. Bong Bong!
Welshkillabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #58
Antibody
Formerly Arsehole

Antibody grasshopper

I've gotta say, Redbull is classic, I've been addicted to that over the last few days.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie about my opinion about this album, I JUST CAN'T DO IT!
the album sucked, just flat out sucked. there's a couple good tracks on it but the fact that it had so many bad tracks on it is pretty sad considering it's a wu-tang clan album.
the good tracks: chamber music, I can't go to sleep, do you really, and gravel pit.
the rest of the album just sucks in my opinion. and before someone says, "But protect ya neck the jump off is one of the wu singles ever!"... uhh no. the problem with that song is that it starts off with this insane wuxia movie sample so I'm thinking this is going to be hot as hell!... then the tracks starts playing with that "OOH AHH" beat and I'm like "what the fuck is this bullshit!" then I start to listen to it further and relise that none of the wu-tang members seem to know how to rhyme over the track.
I think this is a pretty good album and I skip over Do You Really and Gravel Pit. Along with Conditioner and possibly Protect Ya Neck they are the only songs on the album I don't like, the rest is nice.
Antibody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 01:16 PM   #59
Ink Is My Drink
Veteran Member

Ink Is My Drink shaolin monk

even though the w gets dissed alot i dont care i think the w is an amzin album i love most the tracks an most the beats . yeh oh corse i like 36 chambers and forever more but thats not the point the w is a classic album in my mind .(tracks i skip are conditioner, let my niggas live and jah world)
Ink Is My Drink is offline   Reply With Quote