news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
billo
OG-18* WAT

billo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal sonbillo prodigal son
Default Raekwon Responds To "Control," Says Kendrick Lamar "Can Never Wear That Crown

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...ar-that-crown-
Old 08-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Totally agree with Rae.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Raekwon questions what his crown would look like if Kendrick Lamar was king of New York.
As a veteran New York City emcee, Wu-Tang Clan spitter Raekwon didn’t seem too concerned with Kendrick Lamar’s "king of New York" mention on Big Sean’s “Control” as he addressed the record during an interview with ItsBizkit.com.
Raekwon went on to affirm that the late Notorious B.I.G. will always be king of New York in his eyes and in regards to Kendrick’s “Control” verse he feels the TDE rapper was merely “having fun.”
“All I’mma say is that nigga’s know he ain’t the king of New York,” said the Wu-Tang rapper. “You know what I mean? The king of New York to me is in the ground and that’s B.I.G. That’s the nigga that came from the bottom with it for real. And really earned that positioning in the game to be called that. I think son when he was rhyming was having fun…And he was just expressing his self. I think that that’s—you supposed to feel like that on wax. You feel me. It’s like if I come in the studio with my crew and it’s the Wu and I’m knowing in my mind I’m trying to murk the track instantly.”
The Lost Jewlry rapper continued to address Kendrick’s "king of New York" mention and even jokingly questioned what his “crown” would look like if Kendrick did hold such a title.
“For me, I like Lamar,” Raekwon revealed. “I like him. You know what I’m saying. I think he lyrical. I think he’s a good emcee. But it probably was one of those nights. He was just—he was feeling his self. So, you know it was out of fun. You feel me? It was out of fun. Only a real nigga would know that he would never go there cause he can never wear that crown. Never ever ever. If he can wear that crown imagine how my crown is looking. My crown is on some King Arthur shit…If he the king of New York, what the fuck am I? But I love him. I love his energy.”
Despite serving as only a featured artist on Big Sean’s “Control,” along with New Orleans lyricist Jay Electronica, Kendrick has received a great deal of commentary due to his boastful verse on the record.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

My response to kendrick lamar? Farting noises. I don't give a fuck what this midget q-tip says.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #5
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

It's sad in a way that you could take most az verses and they would be infinitely iller than the Kendrick verse.... yet az never has or will get this sort of shine.

Last edited by zooruka; 08-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #6
biblebullet
Veteran Member

biblebullet shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to biblebullet Send a message via Yahoo to biblebullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
It's sad in a way that you could take most az verses and they would be infinitely iller than the Kendrick verse.... yet az never has or will get this sort of shine.
I feel you prof....so so sad
Old 08-22-2013, 03:33 AM   #7
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassknuckled pai mei View Post
raekwon questions what his crown would look like if kendrick lamar was king of new york.
As a veteran new york city emcee, wu-tang clan spitter raekwon didn’t seem too concerned with kendrick lamar’s "king of new york" mention on big sean’s “control” as he addressed the record during an interview with itsbizkit.com.
Raekwon went on to affirm that the late notorious b.i.g. Will always be king of new york in his eyes and in regards to kendrick’s “control” verse he feels the tde rapper was merely “having fun.”
“all i’mma say is that nigga’s know he ain’t the king of new york,” said the wu-tang rapper. “you know what i mean? The king of new york to me is in the ground and that’s b.i.g. That’s the nigga that came from the bottom with it for real. And really earned that positioning in the game to be called that. I think son when he was rhyming was having fun…and he was just expressing his self. I think that that’s—you supposed to feel like that on wax. You feel me. It’s like if i come in the studio with my crew and it’s the wu and i’m knowing in my mind i’m trying to murk the track instantly.”
the lost jewlry rapper continued to address kendrick’s "king of new york" mention and even jokingly questioned what his “crown” would look like if kendrick did hold such a title.
“for me, i like lamar,” raekwon revealed. “i like him. You know what i’m saying. I think he lyrical. I think he’s a good emcee. But it probably was one of those nights. He was just—he was feeling his self. So, you know it was out of fun. You feel me? It was out of fun. Only a real nigga would know that he would never go there cause he can never wear that crown. Never ever ever. If he can wear that crown imagine how my crown is looking. My crown is on some king arthur shit…if he the king of new york, what the fuck am i? But i love him. I love his energy.”
despite serving as only a featured artist on big sean’s “control,” along with new orleans lyricist jay electronica, kendrick has received a great deal of commentary due to his boastful verse on the record.

rae = pure class !!

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #8
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #9
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think it's so cliche to say Biggie will always be the king of new york. not taking anything away from biggie, but he only put out 2 albums while he was alive.

i hate when someone dies and they become bigger than they actually were.

rae didn't like biggie when he was around. said that biggie stole nas' style. if biggie stole from nas, wouldn't that make nas the king of new york in raekwon's eyes?

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #10
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah rae kept it 100

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
blaksteez
PRODIGAL SUN

blaksteez crouching tiger

I find Rae too full of himself, yes he's a good business head and he's got a few tight rhymes and some respect on streets etc. but he ain't as hot as he thinks he is man, he needs to fucking switch his style up drop more jewels, change up subject matter , put more energy on those rhymes man. Kendrick dropping more jewels than Rae has in the short time he's been out , I'd prefer give that crown to Kendrick than Rae if given the choice!!
blaksteez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #12
theheavens
Banned

theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)theheavens Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
I find Rae too full of himself, yes he's a good business head and he's got a few tight rhymes and some respect on streets etc. but he ain't as hot as he thinks he is man, he needs to fucking switch his style up drop more jewels, change up subject matter , put more energy on those rhymes man. Kendrick dropping more jewels than Rae has in the short time he's been out , I'd prefer give that crown to Kendrick than Rae if given the choice!!
change up subject matter?

Rae recorded a song about OSAMA BIN LADEN

west coast rap = faggotry music

east coast rap = GRIMEY/kill-the-babysitter music

theheavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:32 AM   #13
silent_whistler_uk
myspace.com/iou7

silent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken mastasilent_whistler_uk drunken masta

lol @ KL being KONY hahaha, nigga aint even from the east coast...FAIL
silent_whistler_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:58 AM   #14
Rawticus
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Rawticus drunken mastaRawticus drunken mastaRawticus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
change up subject matter?

Rae recorded a song about OSAMA BIN LADEN

west coast rap = faggotry music

east coast rap = GRIMEY/kill-the-babysitter music

Ti

One Rhyme about Osama bin laden wow!!! Listen Raes goodci aint saying he isnt and doesnt but Kendrick dropped Good kidd madd city, I think thats a good effort for a youbg cat coming up.. While Rae still dropping shit about coke n streets at least KL drop some jewels in his shit. Remember Raes told RZA in the ol days to stop dropping the science.. To me Nas is king of new york, not Jay and Rae is good but id put him a few other mcs before that title. Rae has it in him to take it further but most times its that same ol shit from him lyrically. Ilike Rae in interviews as a person hes spot on but lyrically na man... I know hesgot more diverse shit to spit.
Rawticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #15
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't think Nas is anywhere close to KONY now, doing terrible live shows and dropping average albums shouldn't be enough for that.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote