news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey
Default The Sue-Tang Clan

Source:http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1433133

Wu-Tang Clan reps to face off in Manhattan Supreme Court over released single 'Heads Up'

GZA’s record label alleges that U-God’s promotion company leaked the single and video that featured a classic mic duel between the two Wu-Tang Clan members.

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin to litigate with.

The killer bees are gonna swarm in Manhattan Supreme Court thanks to a feud pitting GZA’s record label against a company handling promotions for U-God.

Babygrande Records alleges in papers filed Tuesday that promoter Domingo Neris and two other media companies leaked single and music video “Heads Up,” featuring a classic Wu-style duel of the iron mic between U-God, 42, and GZA, 46.

The release of the jam in June violated an exclusivity agreement Babygrande has with GZA and also stole thunder from the rapper’s upcoming album, “Dark Matter,” court papers

Babygrande seeks at least $75,000 in damages.

A source close to Babygrande said the label didn’t realize that the song would be used as the centerpiece of U-God’s own new release, “The Keynote Speaker.”

“When (the GZA) was making the recording (for U-God), it was not clear to them that he was doing it for commercial purposes," said.

“Certain third parties involved in the exploitation of the recording did not get permission."

But a lawyer for Frank 151 Media Group and Malbon Brothers Farms, which both handled promotions of U-God’s album, said the single would not have been released without the approval of GZA, who is also known as “The Genius.”

"It is strange to me that Babygrande failed to sue GZA, who performed freely of his own will on this album," said attorney Paul Chin.

Court papers also say that GZA did not benefit from being associated with U-God’s new release.

Babygrande singles out a review on the “key urban music website” hiphopdx.com that blasted “The Keynote Speaker” for its “hit-or-miss beats” and “U-God’s habit of falling into lackadaisical emceeing.”

Babygrande claims it had planned to use the lack of new GZA jams as part of its $200,000 marketing campaign for “Dark Matter.”

“GZA has been extremely selective with respect to the vocal features he contributes,” court documents read, noting that the label has lost business because it can’t take advantage of “the paucity of recent GZA musical material (with the unfortunate exception of the single and video).”

Neris insisted he and his company DNES Marketing hadn’t orchestrated the release of “Heads Up.”

“We had no idea this was happening. My company had nothing to do with the release,” Neris said.

The 10-member-strong Wu-Tang Clan — with roots in Staten Island and Brooklyn — exploded onto the hip-hop scene in 1993 with the classic album “Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers).” The album launched the careers of Method Man, the RZA and Ghostface Killah, the late Ol’ Dirty Bastard and others.

U-God, whose real name is Lamont Hawkins, was only featured prominently in the opening of the song “Da Mystery of Chessboxin’” on the debut album because he was behind bars for criminal possession of a controlled substance.

GZA’s real name is Gary Grice.

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 08-22-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you need to learn how to copy and paste. that was a mess. fixed

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #3
FeLo
PRODIGAL SUN

FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FeLo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what about Soul Temple? lol
FeLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
WuBizzie

WuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken masta

BUnch of frivolous bullshit. Shit like this makes the Clan look bad.

WuBizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

LOL I like how the article ends

"GZA's real name is Gary Grice"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #6
Punch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
you need to learn how to copy and paste. that was a mess. fixed
It looked fine when I posted it.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Everytime GZAs space album gets brought up I chuckle.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch View Post
It looked fine when I posted it.
the first several paragraphs were repeated, and you copied and pasted all of the captions without the pictures, which made for some tough reading.

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho....php?p=2318054
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
David Daniel Davis
'

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

"Court papers also say that Gza did not benefit from being associated with U-god's new release." DUHHHH!! Does any body benefit from being associated with a U-god release?
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Punch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
the first several paragraphs were repeated, and you copied and pasted all of the captions without the pictures, which made for some tough reading.
Lol ok well thanks for fixing it then. I did a read through and thought I deleted all of the unnecessary stuff.

As for the article, bringing up bad reviews for U-God's album is cold. Basically said that U-God sullied Gza's brand. After that his can these guys be in a room together?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
WuBizzie

WuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken masta

Quote:
Lol ok well thanks for fixing it then. I did a read through and thought I deleted all of the unnecessary stuff.

As for the article, bringing up bad reviews for U-God's album is cold. Basically said that U-God sullied Gza's brand. After that his can these guys be in a room together?
It's pretty obvious that this has nothing to do with GZA or U-God. Looks like some greedy Babygrande reps trying to get some cash. This pic was taken a few days ago:

WuBizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #12
Sky Blue Bally Kid
45th Generation Roman

Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Bally Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Babygrande seeks at least $75,000 in damages.
Quote:
Babygrande claims it had planned to use the lack of new GZA jams as part of its $200,000 marketing campaign for “Dark Matter.”

lmao where do they get these ludicrous figures from!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Bally Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Babygrande singles out a review on the “key urban music website” hiphopdx.com that blasted “The Keynote Speaker” for its “hit-or-miss beats” and “U-God’s habit of falling into lackadaisical emceeing.”
lmfao this is classic.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #14
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

So GZA and his team actually think the best way to sell his new album is just don't put anything out for an extended period of time AND they have the balls to call out U-God for lackadaisical emceeing.... what the fuck?
muscularghandi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #15
Luz
Holy Father

Luz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of furyLuz fist of fury

“When (the GZA) was making the recording (for U-God), it was not clear to them that he was doing it for commercial purposes,"

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.
Luz is offline   Reply With Quote