news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 09-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Big L's only album Lifestyles Of The Poor And Dangerous is better than all of Jay-Z's albums hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Big L is a better rapper than Jay-Z and if Big L had lived, his albums would've been better than Jay-Z's albums because he would've stayed underground. He would've never did some corny mainstream songs like Jay-Z did just to sell records. What album is that Big L song on called No Skins No Endz? Is that song on a album of his that has some unreleased songs? I like that song and the video. I see Dres of Black Sheep, Lord Finesse, Showbiz were in the video. Did Showbiz produce that song?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Lol y'all hate jigga so much.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #18
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

I dont hate Jay-Z, and I respect his hustle game.

another thing I think we can all agree is that he doesnt has a good voice.

Prodigy, Big Pun and Method Man are exemples of rappers with good voices in my opinion.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 09-15-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I don't understand the appeal of an artist who is both predictable and worships big business.

Reasonable Doubt was a loooong time ago.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #20
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Big l slick n witty punches rubbed off on jigga round the rd era

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:36 AM   #21
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Big L's only album Lifestyles Of The Poor And Dangerous is better than all of Jay-Z's albums hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Big L is a better rapper than Jay-Z and if Big L had lived, his albums would've been better than Jay-Z's albums because he would've stayed underground. He would've never did some corny mainstream songs like Jay-Z did just to sell records. What album is that Big L song on called No Skins No Endz? Is that song on a album of his that has some unreleased songs? I like that song and the video. I see Dres of Black Sheep, Lord Finesse, Showbiz were in the video. Did Showbiz produce that song?
Yes, Showbiz produced that song and it's on "Lifestyles". Your memory must be fading CJ!

@HollowDartz: Yeah, Jigga seems to be an easy guy to hate. (especially here) Personally, I think Jay was the master of doing commercial songs. Almost ALL of the time, his commercial songs weren't so corny that I didn't enjoy them either. "Big Pimpin" has one of Timbo's best beats EVER
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:32 AM   #22
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

I think Jay's early material is better than Big L's first two albums. The lyricism on Reasonable Doubt is excellent. A lot of Big L's lines were nonsense, just random punchlines, no subjectmatter whatsoever. Content > random punchlines. I never understood how he got the title 'Punchline king'. There are rappers with better punchlines and at the same time they actually have something to say. I still think Lifestylez is a good album, but people overrate Big L. His posthumous album had one of my fav L tracks: Casualties of a Dicegame.

Seriously what's up with the Jay-Z hate. There are way worse artists you people seem to enjoy.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #23
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
I dont hate Jay-Z, and I respect his hustle game.

another thing I think we can all agree is that he doesnt has a good voice.

Prodigy, Big Pun and Method Man are exemples of rappers with good voices in my opinion.
I don't agree. Jay-Z has a good voice.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

The Jigga Man is like top 5 to me. It goes DOOM (ALL CAPS) then Q-Tip then Rae then Then Ghost theeen Hov
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Look..I'm not a big jay fan but ya,l tripping if u think reasonable doubt isn't a top contending album..seems like people forget this dude has potential to drop heaters

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #26
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I don't understand the appeal of an artist who is both predictable and worships big business.
This. Reasonable Doubt has noteworthy production, but Jay-Z still rhymes about materialism and doesn't have much substance. I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #27
KJR
Master Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.
Most rappers have big egos and flaunt endlessly. Jay-Z might boast about his money, but don't act like he doesn't care about people with struggle, the dude is a philanthropist. He's donated to many things like during 9/11 and Katrina.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
immaculate

8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury8 fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Lets be real....RD, BP, and even the Black Album are better than ANY Big L album.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanha View Post
"And even Black album"??

You make it sound like if the Black Album was mediocre or something. Shit was hot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
No, RD i would say is better although they are different and difficult to compare. I would listen to these two albums when I'm in two totally different moods.
Quote:
True. I also feel that Big L is a case of unfulfilled potential. If he got a production team with a vision, he could've made one of the top 10 hip hop albums imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
Wtf

d.i.t.c. was arguably the greatest prod team of all time

lifestylez is a classic in my book
Quote:
Those beats haven't aged that well to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
I agree d.i.t.c beats seem dated from what I have heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
Lol y'all hate jigga so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
Big l slick n witty punches rubbed off on jigga round the rd era
Quote:
Yes, Showbiz produced that song and it's on "Lifestyles". Your memory must be fading CJ!

@HollowDartz: Yeah, Jigga seems to be an easy guy to hate. (especially here) Personally, I think Jay was the master of doing commercial songs. Almost ALL of the time, his commercial songs weren't so corny that I didn't enjoy them either. "Big Pimpin" has one of Timbo's best beats EVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
I think Jay's early material is better than Big L's first two albums. The lyricism on Reasonable Doubt is excellent. A lot of Big L's lines were nonsense, just random punchlines, no subjectmatter whatsoever. Content > random punchlines. I never understood how he got the title 'Punchline king'. There are rappers with better punchlines and at the same time they actually have something to say. I still think Lifestylez is a good album, but people overrate Big L. His posthumous album had one of my fav L tracks: Casualties of a Dicegame.

Seriously what's up with the Jay-Z hate. There are way worse artists you people seem to enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
I don't agree. Jay-Z has a good voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by INF View Post
The Jigga Man is like top 5 to me. It goes DOOM (ALL CAPS) then Q-Tip then Rae then Then Ghost theeen Hov
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
Look..I'm not a big jay fan but ya,l tripping if u think reasonable doubt isn't a top contending album..seems like people forget this dude has potential to drop heaters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
This. Reasonable Doubt has noteworthy production, but Jay-Z still rhymes about materialism and doesn't have much substance. I can't give props to a dude with little content and an over sized ego, who proceeds to flaunt endlessly when he becomes financially stable, while not giving a care in the world about those who still struggle. It's moronic and juvenile.
Quote:
Most rappers have big egos and flaunt endlessly. Jay-Z might boast about his money, but don't act like he doesn't care about people with struggle, the dude is a philanthropist. He's donated to many things like during 9/11 and Katrina.
8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I just watched Big L's No Skinz No Endz video and i didn't see Lord Finesse. I saw Fat Joe in the video. LOL@Big L saying on the song, a girl asked me for a ring and i put one around her eye hahahahahahahaha. He also said a girl asked him for some money and he said he wouldn't give a girl 10 cents to put cheese on a whopper from Burger King LOL. Big L was funny and i miss him. He's better than Jay-Z dead LOL. Ain't none of Jay-Z's albums better than Lifestyles Ov Da Poor And Dangerous album. I would put Big L in my top 5 of the best rappers of all time. His lyrical skills was crazy.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #30
KJR
Master Ninja

^Reasonable Doubt pimp slaps Lifestyles with its eyes closed.