news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #1
Big Smokes
Livin It Up

Big Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killaBig Smokes shaolin masta killa
Arrow Sylvester Stallone & Robert De Niro May Team Up for ‘Grudge Match

You read that headline correctly: Rocky Balboa and Jake La Motta – or, rather, the now-sexugenarians who brought them to life onscreen – may face off in a boxing comedy titled Grudge Match.

Speculation that Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro could co-headline Grudge Match has been ongoing ever since Peter Segal (Anger Management, Get Smart) closed a deal to direct the film, back in October 2010. Back then, the Grumpy Old Men-style laughfest was based on a script draft penned solely by onetime Arsenio Hall Show staff writer Tim Kelleher.

Jump ahead to the present-day and The Wrap is reporting that Stallone and De Niro have begun talks to work together on Grudge Match. Moreover, the script has now been retooled by a handful of writers – including (most recently) Entourage creator Doug Ellin.
Stallone and De Niro previously shared the screen in the 1997 crime drama Cop Land. Recently, Stallone has been enjoying a trip down memory lane, with his roles in such macho movie throwbacks as The Expendables (and this summer’s sequel), next year’s buddy flick Bullet to the Head, and the currently-shooting prison escape thriller The Tomb. De Niro, meanwhile, has spent the last few years appearing in a variety of action and comedy vehicles alike; that trend will continue in the future, as the acting legend has parts in upcoming titles like Last Vegas (a.k.a. The Hangover with old guys) and Luc Besson’s latest action-comedy production, Malavita, among others.

Stallone and De Niro (Present-Day)

The respective differences in Stallone and De Niro’s current physique (see above) would, in theory, only heighten the comedy factor in Grudge Match – which will see the pair play former boxing rivals, who return to the ring for one final battle of fists. Segal has a long history of churning out competent (if only occasionally “good”) high-concept comedies as a director; similarly, Grudge Match recalls the setup for Segal’s so-so 1996 comedy My Fellow Americans, which also revolved around a pair of aging rivals (there, ex-presidents).

In short: Grudge Match doesn’t exactly sound like a brilliant variation on previous films about cranky old guys who head out for one last hurrah (Space Cowboys, The Bucket List, etc.), but it could have some entertainment value.

Grudge Match has technically not been greenlit yet, but it’s expected to begin production by early 2013.
Big Smokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I just saw previews for Grudge Match and it's coming out in December. Kevin Hart, Kim Basinger, LL Cool J are also in this. I can't believe Sylvester and Robert are former boxers that are gonna fight each other one last time hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I might check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is online now   Reply With Quote