news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #31
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Sosa dissing Method Man again saying he did 4 albums in 20 years hahahahahahahahahaha. I haven't heard Tical 0 in awhile and i remember not liking it. So i won't listen to it again.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #32
Double-A
CHICKEN HEAD

Double-A crouching tiger

@Sosa just hating. You must be a Joe Budden fan. Stop hating and support the generals. People like you ONLY wish you could be a talent like Method Man.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

I'm a fan of Meth and as a result i'd like to hear more music from him. I'm not sure how thats 'hating' but whatever.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #34
muscularghandi
PRODIGAL SUN

muscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal sonmuscularghandi prodigal son

No way Tical 2000 was anywhere near his worst. Method Man's career goes: Tical, Tical 2000, then like 10 years of trash.

Once you get rid of all the skits and just listen to the songs for what they are... the album absolutely bangs. One thing I will admit though, is that I constantly wish he'd just put more Clan Members on his albums. As much as you guys apparently like Streetlife, I'd much rather be hearing GZA and Ghost
muscularghandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #35
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

t2000 is a fuking banger, cant understand ppl who hates it. and even skits dont bother me at all.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

Meth is one of the best Mc's ever..he just seemed to lose interest after awhile. Ppl seem to forget that Meth was the star of 36 Chambers. He killed everyone on that album...and thats considered one of the best albums ever made. Also ppl forget that Tical isnt the real Tical that was recorded before, and lost in the flood. Noone seems to remember that he re-recorded it on the road and RZA had to scramble to re-make beats, etc. Imagine that with a deadline and while doing shows from state to state.

Tical 2OOO now...he has all kinds of fans...alot of them who wanted a more commercial appealing album..you can tell he toyed with the idea..but chose to keep it mostly WU..but in the mix of it all..ended up with too many songs..and it sounded unfocused and a little bit dull..but still has classic material. Perfect World has to be one of the most underrated Method Man songs ever.

Honestly Meth's issue is that he sometimes has wack production...and has too many diffrent types of fans...and no matter what he does...certain fans will be disappointed with his projects. The only way he can make sure they are satisfied..is if he works his ass off..and makes multiple projects to please each one..so every one of them has a focused, complete vibe/sound.

Do an all out WU project
Do a commercial record for club hits and singles & Red/Mef joints
Do an R&B type album like Ghost did to please the ladies.

Meth can do it all..
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #37
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

aint no excuse or nuttin but i feel mef tho.. if you saw his Montreality interview he says he lacks motivation cuz what his heart wants is that raw shit but that raw shit aint marketable anymore to the so called "hip hop" fans of the newschool. i can see where clashes like this can discourage an artist but on the other hand good music is good music. fuck how well/much is received by the masses just make good music period. i wish and hope Mef realizes this and devote some more in the studio. way too much talent not to be demonstrated to say the least.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #38
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Its frustrating.

Just go in the studio with RZA and make whatever music comes naturally. Matter of fact i'd rather have another fully RZA produced solo than a clan album anyway, and Meth seems like more of a RZA fan than any other clan member.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #39
Fei Long

Fei Long shaolin monk

Meth's performance on Wu-Tang Forever convinced me that he's one of the best MCs of all time.

He outperformed everyone on that album, he ripped every single song apart.
Fei Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #40
racist randy
Banned

racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)racist randy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to racist randy

Meth could've been considered a top 5 mc if he really went all out, he's grimey and versatile but he just doesn't put that shit into his recent solo work. Wack beats or lazy bars on his last two efforts. Tical 0 was a straight dud, he got removed from all top 10 mc categories after that one. 4:21 was a "recovery" type of album but to no avail. He needs to just do him. Nigga is lazy. He obviously doesn't give a fuck at this point so why should I. Rza mentioned in one of his interviews that he would start the next meth album whenever meth decided to come to the studio lol just disappointing solo career.
racist randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #41
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

When meth came out I thought he was ill, I gravitated to his voice and his charisma....but as I have gotten older, I have come to realize method man is not as good of an m.c as everyone makes him out to be. His finest moment like someone said earlier, was on wu tang forever... Meth had "abstract / grimey" lyrics and flow and for that I will always give him his dues, because on "Forever" he was dope. But other than that, his lyrics and flow are fairly basic and for the most part, lame lazy and boring.

Also

I can't stand the whole red n mef thing.... they should have just done there own thing.

Last edited by zooruka; 10-07-2013 at 09:05 PM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #42
JEM
Wu-Veteran

Ticallion at his best
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #43
JEM
Wu-Veteran

Some new Meth off Mathematics "The Answer"

Old 10-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #44
knight
Veteran Member

knight grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Long View Post
Meth's performance on Wu-Tang Forever convinced me that he's one of the best MCs of all time.

Right!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #45
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei Long View Post

You think Meth outperformed INS, Rae and Ghost on that album?!
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote