news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 10-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #1
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Need your opinion (in terms of my short film)

Do u think its wise to incorporate romance into a sadistic uber violent movie?

What do u think?

APOCALYPSE EDEN ALBUM SAMPLER coming soon

https://soundcloud.com/graveyardshif...prod-by-king-h
^^^^ THE RED CAPES ARE COMING
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #2
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I'd say yes and I'm not kidding either. I don't really see how they wouldn't go together. Just think of horror movies and the likes ; romance creeps in there too. Good luck with your project, man.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

original version of 'Old Friends 4 Sale'

RIP Prince. You will be missed.
Lee Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
Sky Blue Nose Kid
Dickin' Down Oprah

Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sky Blue Nose Kid Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Would need more info on what you're planning in order to form an opinion tbh. Maybe think about who your target audience is and this may give you your answer?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -
Sky Blue Nose Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #4
ShaDynasty
Rum Ham

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post

What do u think?
Its difficult to judge without seeing the movie. If it works it works because its an artistic vision. If its you trying to force 2 things together for the sake of it then no.

Did you write a script, storyboard or treatment for this? I'd be interested to hear/see more.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
APOLLO STASH
brolic bearded bastard

APOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of fury

Natural Born Killers does that very well. But it's simple how they did it. A sadistic killer couple.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:25 AM   #6
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APOLLO STASH View Post
Natural Born Killers does that very well.
This, True Romance as well. It can work but like others have said it's hard to say without knowing more about it. Would be interested in seeing it either way!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:18 AM   #7
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Can't really give any input since I'm more of a straight to DVD chest-nipple erotica kinda guy

Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
APOLLO STASH
brolic bearded bastard

APOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of furyAPOLLO STASH fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post

What do u think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
This, True Romance as well. It can work but like others have said it's hard to say without knowing more about it. Would be interested in seeing it either way!
I was also gonna say True Romance, but IDK because they're not really psychos or anything. they're just normal people that took a chance. the Knox's were "natural".

And word, Radioactive, shed some more light bro
Old 10-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #9
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venomsPunch five deadly venoms

Quote:
I was also gonna say True Romance, but IDK because they're not really psychos or anything. they're just normal people that took a chance. the Knox's were "natural".

And word, Radioactive, shed some more light bro
Clarence in True Tomance was not normal,lol. He was having conversations with an imaginary Elvis throughout the movie.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #10
APOLLO STASH
brolic bearded bastard

yeah only after he was aware of the threat of Drexyl's presence. if he never met Alabama he would have still been a comic book store worker continuing to watch Kung Fu movies on his birthdays by himself. he fell in love and the love made him a man. he wasn't sadistic or anything. and besides, the Elvis convos only came in stressful situations where normal people wouldn't know how to act.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:50 PM   #11
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yo i apreciate everyones input here, to answer a few questions, yes, i have written the whole script to this...now we having a few dilemas with this...due to the nature of the story and length,...we debating whether to shoot it as a feature film or a youtube series with the destination of 3 seasons.....

without giving much away, the question is spawned from this... theres a scene i wrote that brings up the question of incorporating more romance

this flick takes place in 2 worlds, one is medieval and the other futuristic..ive written it in such a way that both worlds will combine..in other words, yes, we talking space travel, the question of life on other planet, what is god, what happens to people when they experience the paranormal, the impossible, revolutions, the mentality 0f physcopaths etc...this story i wrote explores all that... the whole medieval vs futuristic world will be a thing of worlds seperated by light speed but brought together by technology and survival

now the romance comes in based on the story of the medieval world, its about a spoiled prince who has an advisor with the gift of vision, his advisor tells him that slavers from across the seas will pillage his kingdom and take him and abled men in his community as slaves to their part of the world, the prince offcourse does not believe in prophecies and legends but all the elders have heard of the man known as the eagle head man who travels seas to conquer and enslave fit men to train em to join his army to defeat the Giants who have taken over the most valuable damn to them... now the eagle head man is reallly general talon, a sick twisted physchopath who wears a gold armor and has never shown his face to anyone since he was a boy because of a disease that deformed him, only time he takes of his helmet is when he is at home alone away from everyone else..he is also a sick degenerate who only sleeps with women if they are dead and even the emperor who discovered him as a kid and trained him to be a legate fears him because he is a walking time bomb

now....why i asked this is..theres a scene, where general talon pillages the princes kingdom and now asks his soldiers to rape and murder the princes girl while he sits by the door hearing the horror, now after talons solders rape her and strangles her to death, talon goes in and has sex with her after she is dead, i want that to play a part in what drives the main character to snap and indulge in the actions he does as the film/show progresses...so i was thinking maybe...more focus on a deep romance between this character and his girl before talon shows up will make the viewer apreciate the princes anger more

if you are wondering about the futuristic aspect of this

its set in the year 4013, a paraplegic young man with cerebral palsy is being used as a guinea pig in a secret goverment lab to test our a virtual reality inspired machine that fuses with the brain and controls it...previous candidates have died or faced other fatalities under this operation....now this young mans brain is compatible with it but not only that..the machine is correcting his brain to heal his bodily functions,soon he can talk, soon he can walk, soon he has intelligence man has never reached, soon....he is doing more things than humanly possible....he believes the earth and everyone in it is a disease and corrupt and he feels that only a select few should leave the world for another habitable planet while he destroys it...ill stop there

Old 10-25-2014, 11:40 PM   #12
APOLLO STASH
brolic bearded bastard

sounds interesting. what if they were sharing a romantic moment before general talon snatches her? like they're laying down together sharing intimate conversation and when the prince goes in for a kiss you see talon's hand come into the frame over the girl's face and snatches her off the bed...like the hand swooping into the frame mad fast over her face with the intention to startle the audience like no one is expecting it.
Old 10-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #13
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo

Quote:
sounds interesting. what if they were sharing a romantic moment before general talon snatches her? like they're laying down together sharing intimate conversation and when the prince goes in for a kiss you see talon's hand come into the frame over the girl's face and snatches her off the bed...like the hand swooping into the frame mad fast over her face with the intention to startle the audience like no one is expecting it.
see...thats a very interesting outlook and actually might work better...i gotta write around it and make sure it doesn't come off as redundant or cheese...again, thank you

Old 10-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #14
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Ill script! This is the kind of thing I would definitely watch.

Apollo's suggestion is very good imo.

You could also try to incorporate the prince's girl earlier on in the story. Since most interesting characters aren't just heroes, villains or all around douches it might prove interesting to bring in the prince's girl early on, showing the prince has a soft spot for at least something. He could be spoiled in all other aspects but have a soft spot for this chick, which wasn't easy to get or which he is for instance overprotective of. Just throwing some ideas out there. It could get the viewers more involved in their relationship and it could also make the viewers more invested in the prince's character. Also, I think it would heighten the impact on the viewer of what happens to the girl in the end. Viewers would be more shocked, I think. Which works well with the horror theme, I guess.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

original version of 'Old Friends 4 Sale'

RIP Prince. You will be missed.
Lee Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 03:49 PM   #15
RADIOACTIVE MAN
aka Orion Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
Ill script! This is the kind of thing I would definitely watch.

Apollo's suggestion is very good imo.

You could also try to incorporate the prince's girl earlier on in the story. Since most interesting characters aren't just heroes, villains or all around douches it might prove interesting to bring in the prince's girl early on, showing the prince has a soft spot for at least something. He could be spoiled in all other aspects but have a soft spot for this chick, which wasn't easy to get or which he is for instance overprotective of. Just throwing some ideas out there. It could get the viewers more involved in their relationship and it could also make the viewers more invested in the prince's character. Also, I think it would heighten the impact on the viewer of what happens to the girl in the end. Viewers would be more shocked, I think. Which works well with the horror theme, I guess.

see??? this is why i posed the question here...thats a good one there...infact looks like i'm going to rewrite the whole love story sequence...and yes...dude is a douche but if i write it in a way that she is all he ever cared for..things will fall in place right