news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-14-2005, 03:30 AM   #16
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper
Default Re: Do you see a difference here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.E.G.
Eating an ape is like eating a nephew......that's out there. But if we were struggling and in need of food we'd turn to cannibalism too.
lmao @ red

but yeh your right peopel would do that, get their own clans n shit together and start tearin people apart

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 AM   #17
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

To me, meat is meat. Usually it's our cultural roots that tells us what is disgusting and what isn't. Trust me Grasshopers, Snails and Frogs are very good !
Old 11-14-2005, 05:57 AM   #18
Welshkillabee
WelshKillaBee

Welshkillabee grasshopper

I think it is different cos with dogs and monkeys cause they are more intelligent than say cows and sheep which are raised to be eaten anyway.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #19
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

If monkey meat, dog meat etc tasted as good as that from a cow, I would have no problem eating it. I know giraffe meat tastes real good.

The reason why we don't eat dogs is because we have them as pets and they probably don't taste good at all.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:52 AM   #20
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

<<alergic to fish

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:05 AM   #21
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

How many of you have seen the commercial for a certain restaraunt chain where four men are served their dinner and then they proceed one by one to shout:

BEEF
PORK
RIBS
SAUSAGE

I found this advertisement to be disturbing on many levels
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #22
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

I tried giving up pork for a week, but couldn't do it. Just to much things I eat with pork in it.

What Black Wisdom is talking about is Taboos.

For many cultures it's a taboo to eat a dog or a monkey.

I wasn't playing when I siad I eat dog. I feed it to my children, It doesn't phase me a bit, I'll eat puppy meat the same as I'll chew on pork rib or chicken bone.

I come from a culture where Buffalo was once the main staple of the diet. Life revolved around hunting, and living in balance. They ate meat, stayed healthy, lived a long time. It was peace.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:57 PM   #23
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

The mass killing of animals in society today is the result of human beings following their ego's stance that we are seperate individuals. In reality, all of the universe is interconnected energy. Thus 5% get it half right when they call themselves 'god'. God is also the bird, the tree. These are not 'the god', but these are part of the whole. When we label things, we trivialize them into commodities. Like chickens. But ultimately this self destructive mind set applies to other things as well. Nature, which we ared estroyingin part because we have forgotten that it is sacred. Other human beings.
But people have to eat right? So what is my point. Perhaps my point can best be made by taking a look at some of the oldest cultures, the hunter gatherers. It is fact that there is an ugly side to life. Things have to eat other things. But this seeming vulgairty is self created. What it really is is a constant change. Just as the flowers will one day grow out of your body. When early man was presented the fact that it had to kill to survive, it was hard for their psyches, because they had no real egoic concept of themselves as being seperate from the earth. Meaning, at the very least, they considered animals their equals. To integrat this into their consciousness, they created and performed elaborate rituals to please the animal. One such practice was the symbolic feeding the animal of itself. These ideas applied to nature as well. Even relatively late in human history, when the land was taken from Indians, or allowed to be sold, so to speak, they didnt even understand the concept of land ownership. That is to say, they viewed the earth as unownable, which ultimately is the case.
Now, what does this end up saying? What is my point? The point is wether you eat meat, fish, plants, or what have you, the thing that is important is your perspective. If you realize and believe (rightly so) that you are in a way, eating a part of yourself, or of the whole of which you are a part, a reverence emerges in you. A thankfulness. This is what eating should be. It is hard for someone who acts and thinks correctly to support the wholesale slaughter of animals. But I do not think it is hard for the person to eat meat if his or her mind is in the right place.
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 PM   #24
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by froth
The mass killing of animals in society today is the result of human beings following their ego's stance that we are seperate individuals. In reality, all of the universe is interconnected energy. Thus 5% get it half right when they call themselves 'god'. God is also the bird, the tree. These are not 'the god', but these are part of the whole. When we label things, we trivialize them into commodities. Like chickens. But ultimately this self destructive mind set applies to other things as well. Nature, which we ared estroyingin part because we have forgotten that it is sacred. Other human beings.
But people have to eat right? So what is my point. Perhaps my point can best be made by taking a look at some of the oldest cultures, the hunter gatherers. It is fact that there is an ugly side to life. Things have to eat other things. But this seeming vulgairty is self created. What it really is is a constant change. Just as the flowers will one day grow out of your body. When early man was presented the fact that it had to kill to survive, it was hard for their psyches, because they had no real egoic concept of themselves as being seperate from the earth. Meaning, at the very least, they considered animals their equals. To integrat this into their consciousness, they created and performed elaborate rituals to please the animal. One such practice was the symbolic feeding the animal of itself. These ideas applied to nature as well. Even relatively late in human history, when the land was taken from Indians, or allowed to be sold, so to speak, they didnt even understand the concept of land ownership. That is to say, they viewed the earth as unownable, which ultimately is the case.
Now, what does this end up saying? What is my point? The point is wether you eat meat, fish, plants, or what have you, the thing that is important is your perspective. If you realize and believe (rightly so) that you are in a way, eating a part of yourself, or of the whole of which you are a part, a reverence emerges in you. A thankfulness. This is what eating should be. It is hard for someone who acts and thinks correctly to support the wholesale slaughter of animals. But I do not think it is hard for the person to eat meat if his or her mind is in the right place.
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.
This may be the post of the year so far.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:27 PM   #25
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
fucking hell, i second LHX, this definitely is a classic post!
it is very true and incorporates different thoughts together beautifully.

froth u preached something there..

peace

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:51 PM   #26
$inista
TRIBU MILITIA

$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)$inista Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
The wildest thing I've eaten is pussy. Next to that I'd say squid.
lol thats dope
Quote:
if we were struggling and in need of food we'd turn to cannibalism too.
werd

meet is meet & i am a meet eater but dont know bout eat pets or rats you would have to prepare that shit 4 me, I am a meet eater , dam near every thing else i would slaughter skin pluck gut myself if i had too

Last edited by $inista; 06-29-2006 at 03:03 PM.
$inista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:42 PM   #27
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Froth, I love you.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:54 PM   #28
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

The issue is in the cpacity or tendency of the animal to seemingly express love or affection. Dogs love people. In fact, they'll often choose humans over their own. That makes it fairly cruel to kill them. Chickens on the other hand dont give a shit about you.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #29
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

Quote:
Everthing happens/exist in threes
Past Present Future
Man Woman Child
**Minerals Plants Animals** (the scientific "kingdoms" of life)

They are obviously connected
But I would not say that the various series of threes are One
The distinctions are too clear, the ability to make a distinction intrinsically separates them

Just like my connection with other humans stops at some point
So does my connection with the other forms of life
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

June, I am making a distinction between form and the formless. We appear as seperate entities, but all is one. As for 'past present future', the only thing you ever can be truly conscious in is the 'now'. Thus the simple sutra-like beauty of the statement 'be here now'. The ability to make a distinction is characteristic of egoic thought. You can be assured the dinstinctions we make reflexively today are a form of madness. Your connection never stops, even when you don't believe it.