news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-30-2006, 04:17 AM   #31
supremecharma
5%... lawls....

supremecharma grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by froth
The mass killing of animals in society today is the result of human beings following their ego's stance that we are seperate individuals. In reality, all of the universe is interconnected energy. Thus 5% get it half right when they call themselves 'god'. God is also the bird, the tree. These are not 'the god', but these are part of the whole. When we label things, we trivialize them into commodities. Like chickens. But ultimately this self destructive mind set applies to other things as well. Nature, which we ared estroyingin part because we have forgotten that it is sacred. Other human beings.
But people have to eat right? So what is my point. Perhaps my point can best be made by taking a look at some of the oldest cultures, the hunter gatherers. It is fact that there is an ugly side to life. Things have to eat other things. But this seeming vulgairty is self created. What it really is is a constant change. Just as the flowers will one day grow out of your body. When early man was presented the fact that it had to kill to survive, it was hard for their psyches, because they had no real egoic concept of themselves as being seperate from the earth. Meaning, at the very least, they considered animals their equals. To integrat this into their consciousness, they created and performed elaborate rituals to please the animal. One such practice was the symbolic feeding the animal of itself. These ideas applied to nature as well. Even relatively late in human history, when the land was taken from Indians, or allowed to be sold, so to speak, they didnt even understand the concept of land ownership. That is to say, they viewed the earth as unownable, which ultimately is the case.
Now, what does this end up saying? What is my point? The point is wether you eat meat, fish, plants, or what have you, the thing that is important is your perspective. If you realize and believe (rightly so) that you are in a way, eating a part of yourself, or of the whole of which you are a part, a reverence emerges in you. A thankfulness. This is what eating should be. It is hard for someone who acts and thinks correctly to support the wholesale slaughter of animals. But I do not think it is hard for the person to eat meat if his or her mind is in the right place.
Recognize your connectedness with all things. Be still in your mind and watch your ego as it lies to you. Be the watcher of your conditioned thought. As you are still, you are in the moment. From this all true wisdom and insight into life arises.

u got mad knowledge....
supremecharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #32
eVoL
Axe about me

eVoL grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to eVoL

Man = wolves (dogs)

why would i eat my brothers
Old 06-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #33
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

Quote:
June, I am making a distinction between form and the formless. We appear as seperate entities, but all is one. As for 'past present future', the only thing you ever can be truly conscious in is the 'now'. Thus the simple sutra-like beauty of the statement 'be here now'. The ability to make a distinction is characteristic of egoic thought. You can be assured the dinstinctions we make reflexively today are a form of madness. Your connection never stops, even when you don't believe it.
"Form and formless?"
I thought this thread was about killing animals and eating meat
You were talking about birds and plants etc..
Where did this formless stuff come from?

Past present and future was ONLY an example of how things come in threes
(I feel sorry for anyone that is not concious of their past and future)
(And lets not play semantics with your usage of the words "truly concious")

Another example Simple math:
It takes three points to actually create space (finite space)

My main point as it applies to your post:
Minerals, plants, and animals are connected but are easily distinguishable forms of life.

I have not chosen to refine my diet because of some ethereal connection I am supposed to have with a cow, chicken or a scallop
But because of the simple fact that certain forms of food will put an unnecesssary strain on my body
thus worsening my health and shortenning my life span

"Egoic thought" is chracteristic of Humans a.k.a. Homo sapiens a.k.a. the most intelligent form life on this planet

Madness would be someone that does not distinguish themsleves mentally, phyisically, emotionally, spiritually etc.. from a cow, chicken or scallop.
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #34
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Peace June.....very nice post. That was some plain truth. Beautiful!
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:49 AM   #35
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

Quote:
Originally Posted by june181972
"Form and formless?"
I thought this thread was about killing animals and eating meat
You were talking about birds and plants etc..
Where did this formless stuff come from?
god.

Past present and future was ONLY an example of how things come in threes
(I feel sorry for anyone that is not concious of their past and future)
(And lets not play semantics with your usage of the words "truly concious")
I wasnt playing semantics by any stretch of the imagination. Were the oldest humans 'playing semantics'? What is your future June? Do you think it will happen exactly as you assume? Are you in your future as we speak? No, you can only be in the present. There is only the now. This is plain truth. Many peoples pasts serve as a mechanism to serve the ego.

Another example Simple math:
It takes three points to actually create space (finite space)

My main point as it applies to your post:
Minerals, plants, and animals are connected but are easily distinguishable forms of life.
I dont see what the quarrel is. If they are connected, they are connected. Are you saying you disagree with not only the spiritual aspect of what I am saying but also the scientific?

I have not chosen to refine my diet because of some ethereal connection I am supposed to have with a cow, chicken or a scallop
But because of the simple fact that certain forms of food will put an unnecesssary strain on my body
Your sarcasm might make Aquaous titter a bit, but the summary of this paragraph is that you only give a shit about yourself; typical egoic perspective. No judgement; been there, done that.

"Egoic thought" is chracteristic of Humans a.k.a. Homo sapiens a.k.a. the most intelligent form life on this planet
While it is certainly characteristic of humans, it has not always been, nor do I think it follows that we are the most intelligent species on the planet by any stretch of the imagination. Why are you 'more intelligent'? Cause you use a fork? Human beings are the most self destructive animal in existence. We destroy each other on a mass scale. We fight over nothing. We kill each other for nothing.

Madness would be someone that does not distinguish themsleves mentally, phyisically, emotionally, spiritually etc.. from a cow, chicken or scallop.
All is one, but I understand your perspective. You feel almost insulted to think of yourself on 'that level'. It is symptomatic of wherre we are right now.
responses in bold print
Old 07-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #36
Aqueous Moon
Veteran Member

Aqueous Moon grasshopper

Quote:
Your sarcasm might make Aquaous titter a bit, but the summary of this paragraph is that you only give a shit about yourself; typical egoic perspective. No judgement; been there, done that.
I just appreciated the way June presented his knowledge. It was clear and it was very well stated.

I didn't recognize sarcasm when I read it so maybe that is just your "ego" being defensive.

The first law of nature is self-perservation. That's how I would summarize the above paragraph.
Aqueous Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #37
june181972
Cream of the Corp

june181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken mastajune181972 drunken masta

Froth,

If you believe God is formless, we will just have to disagree. That would be a whole other thread.

The present is gone just as quickly as it comes. Just snap your fingers, it is transitory. Time always moves, and wise men 'try' their best to move with it and maximize all 3 phases of it.
(Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance)

If this was a quarrel, it would be with the fact that you are not talking anything scientific at all. There is nothing mystical about the intentions of my diet. And just like Aqueous said: The SCIENTIFIC 1st law of nature, self-preservation. I can do little to nothing for the rest of the world if I am dead. As opposed to what I can do in life.

Why are humans the most intelligent form of life: The knowledge of good and evil.
Here goes those threes again-> Good, Indifferent, Evil.
Since no one lives in a vacuum, the Indifferent is as transitory as the aforementioned Present. Its 2006 get off that happy-go-lucky shit. A murderer is not neccessarily unintelligent, but they are an evil savage.

All is one? Then where does arithmetic come from? -> 1,2,3,4...
Where does past present and future come from?
What is the purpose of math and science if all is one?
You ain't me and I ain't you.
Wise men/scientist don't spend their time extrapolating 1.
Like I said before: I would insane to put myself on the level of a mulberry tree.

Last edited by june181972; 07-01-2006 at 03:22 PM.
june181972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #38
dimi

dimi grasshopper

i dont eat ayting dat eats meat
so eating dogs is a no no
Old 07-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #39
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

peace june

i gave simple instructions so that everyone can prove it to themselves

i have better things to do than lie to you all

but im no teacher
Old 01-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #40
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

up
Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 AM   #41
Barry Whyte

Barry Whyte Imbecile

i would eat the face of a school teacher if i was hungry enough
if you see it moving eat it no time to be picky about it
Old 09-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #42
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Whyte View Post
i would eat the face of a school teacher if i was hungry enough
if you see it moving eat it no time to be picky about it

i bet you would
Old 07-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #43
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

lol up
Old 07-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #44
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

wow, i just wrote like 5 different responses. apparently i don't know what i think about this.

um, i kind of want to start an exclusive restaurant. the plan is to to hunt all the pandas in the world, charge an exorbitant price for my 'last panda platters' and retire.

fuck animals, i should be allowed to snap my pet cats neck, chop it up and throw it in a stew if i feel like it and not be looked on by society as an oddball. or more of an oddball. i paid for the little fucker.

its just culture, its different. i don't think its weird to eat a dog but i do think its weird to force women to cover up wearing a burkha. some culture is just exotic and different, some of it is irrational and scary.
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #45
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

If you killed the other animals(humans) and put them in the soup, some people would probably pay a higher dollar amount.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote