news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

View Poll Results: What is the best role of Samuel L. Jackson?
1408 (2007) 0 0%
A Time to Kill (1996) 1 14.29%
Basic (2003) 0 0%
Black Snake Moan (2006) 0 0%
Changing Lanes (2002) 0 0%
Cleaner (2007) 0 0%
Coach Carter (2005) 0 0%
Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995) 0 0%
Django Unchained (2012) 0 0%
Hard Eight (1996) 0 0%
Jackie Brown (1997) 2 28.57%
Juice (1992) 0 0%
Jurassic Park (1993) 0 0%
Lakeview Terrace (2008) 0 0%
Menace II Society (1993) 0 0%
No Good Deed (2002) 0 0%
One Eight Seven (1997) 0 0%
Pulp Fiction (1994) 4 57.14%
Reasonable Doubt (2014) 0 0%
Resurrecting the Champ (2007) 0 0%
RoboCop (2014) 0 0%
Rules of Engagement (2000) 0 0%
Shaft (2000) 0 0%
Snakes on a Plane (2006) 0 0%
Soul Men (2008) 0 0%
Sphere (1998) 0 0%
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) 0 0%
S.W.A.T. (2003) 0 0%
The Avengers (2012) 0 0%
The Caveman's Valentine (2001) 0 0%
The Great White Hype (1996) 0 0%
The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) 0 0%
The Man (2005) 0 0%
The Negotiator (1998) 0 0%
The Samaritan (2012) 0 0%
The Sunset Limited (2011) 0 0%
True Romance (1993) 0 0%
Unbreakable (2000) 0 0%
Unthinkable (2010) 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
madchild
PRODIGAL SUN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey
Default Best Samual L. Jackson Movie

madchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
FatherSl!me
Cream Of The Creeps

FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol. I like his older work. Especially the ones where he's got the least scenes & lines. Kinda like when he got shot up in goodfellas
Old 02-06-2014, 02:47 AM   #3
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Lakeview Terrace sucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:09 AM   #4
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Django Unchained, Jackie Brown, Pulp Fiction, True Romance & Juice are all classics but there can only be one winner and clearly it has to be Snakes on a plane!!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
Reiko
King Of The Jungle!

Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Reiko Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is fuckin pointless thread, he's dope actor so how the fuck can you point just one movie?
Reiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #6
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I'm going with FRESH.
Although he had a supporting role scene I think he did this so eloquently.

Then
PULP FICTION
JACKIE BROWN
DJANGO UNCHAINED
Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Fatherslime hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Madchild, how could you not mention the movies he's done with Spike Lee like School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Oldboy(LOL)? It's hard for me to pick his best movie because he's done several good ones. So i'm gonna have to go with Jackie Brown, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Shaft, Jungle Fever, Lakeview Terrace, Soul Men, XXX, Django Unchained.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 AM   #8
madchild
PRODIGAL SUN

madchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkeymadchild iron monkey

About 3/4 of the list above I've seen but with 152 acting credits, dude has put in some work. With the poll limit being 40, I had to trim the list down. Anything below a rating of 6.0 on IMDB or less than 10,000 votes I had to cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
I'm going with FRESH.
Although he had a supporting role scene I think he did this so eloquently.
With that said, Fresh got cut last minute even though it has a high rating. Not many people have rated it on IMDB. Did it get released straight to video? I'm guessing I should check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
lol. I like his older work. Especially the ones where he's got the least scenes & lines. Kinda like when he got shot up in goodfellas
With his role in Goodfellas being so small, I had to trim that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Lakeview Terrace sucked
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiko View Post
this is fuckin pointless thread, he's dope actor so how the fuck can you point just one movie?
I tend to agree, especially the De Niro thread. The point of the thread is to stir discussion about movies that have missed the radar of people. Some of the movies thrown out there in other threads like this have made me check them out.

Last edited by madchild; 02-06-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Samuel is a very funny guy. LOL@him in Juice when he was talking to Omar Epps at the arcade and Omar said you've known me since i was a kid and he said i've known a lot of killers since they were kids hahahahahahahaha. I forgot he was in Strictly Business with Halle Berry and Tommy Davidson. He was Tommy's job supervisor and he told Tommy i'm the boss, the head nigga in charge LOL. Now you get your late ass to work pronto LOL. Later on when Tommy got fired by Joseph Phillips, Samuel said you heard the man. You're fired LOL. Get your stuff and go LOL.

Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #10
madchild
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LOL@Fatherslime hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Madchild, how could you not mention the movies he's done with Spike Lee like School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Oldboy(LOL)? It's hard for me to pick his best movie because he's done several good ones. So i'm gonna have to go with Jackie Brown, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Shaft, Jungle Fever, Lakeview Terrace, Soul Men, XXX, Django Unchained.
The max limit for a poll is 40. Dude, has 152 acting credits under his belt. There's a couple dozen movies of his that I haven't seen and it looked like he had small roles in them. In that case, people can suggest them and choose the "Other" vote.

"School Daze" has a rating of 5.7 on IMDB, and anything under 6.0 I had to trim. I haven't seen "Mo Better Blues" and it's listed in the Denzel thread. I figured since Jackson's name is listed so far down in the credits, that his role was small. Same with "Do The Right Thing". My bad. Anyways, thanks for mentioning them since I'll put them on my watchlist.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Yeah he didn't have big roles in School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Mo Better Blues. He whipped Spike Lee's ass badly in Mo Better Blues hahahahahahahahahaha. Spike owed him a lot of money because he was gambling on baseball games and Samuel was a gambling debt collector. But there was another guy that was with Samuel that was whipping Spike's ass also LOL. He was a gambling debt collector also but he's not a well known actor. He was also in Spike's Do The Right Thing. I don't think i saw 187 on your list and that's a good movie also. Samuel had a big role in Spike's Jungle Fever. He was Wesley Snipes crackhead brother LOL. Halle Berry was his woman and she was a crackhead too LOL. Halle said she had to convince Spike to play that role because he didn't think she could play that character since she looks so good.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #12
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Have ya'll seen Soul Men? If you haven't seen it, check it out because it's very funny. Samuel and Bernie Mac are r&b singers who reunite and go on the road and do some shows at small clubs. Ya'll gotta see the scene when Bernie goes to Samuel's apartment to talk him into singing again because that scene is so funny. You can watch it at Youtube. Samuel agrees to go singing with him again on the road only if Bernie agrees to his terms. So when Bernie is about to leave, Bernie said i'll pick you up in the morning to take you to the airport. Samuel said i don't fly and he slammed the door LOL. Bernie said when my cousin get outta prison, i'm a get him to help me kill this muthafucka hahahahahahahahahaha. He always start this shit everytime we go on the road, possum faced muthafucka LOL.

Another classic funny scene with Samuel is in Menace II Society when he gets mad at his friend who owes him money and shoots him. Samuel said what the fuck you mean you ain't got the money yet? Muthafucka you best to be coming up with my cash or else, you know what i'm saying? LOL. His friend said fuck you Tat. Who the fuck you think you is? Muthafucking Ron O'Neal or something? LOL. Talking about i better pay or else. I ain't your bitch nigga LOL. What you gon do? LOL. His friend said i spent 5 muthafucking years in the joint. I told you i'll pay your monkey ass when i feel like it LOL. You better suck my dick LOL. Samuel shoots him several times and he said to AJ Johnson who was also playing cards, you owe me some money muthafucka? AJ said hell naw but here you go LOL.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #13
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

im going with pulp fiction

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:54 PM   #14
FatherSl!me
Cream Of The Creeps

FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Snappy nappy dougout
Old 02-09-2014, 07:20 PM   #15
APOLLO STASH
Bag 40s like cougar town

APOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venomsAPOLLO STASH five deadly venoms

his part in true romance was minuscule. but all the other QT movies up there take the prize. QT and Sam Jackson are just too good together and fuck spike lee

APOLLO STASH is offline   Reply With Quote