news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 05-31-2014, 11:02 AM   #1
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Astro eden" album download here

get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft

enjoy..p.e.a.c.e

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Cheers! gonna download now, I remember liking the sampler you posted
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thanks a million fam

Old 06-01-2014, 05:59 AM   #4
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa

Am downloading now, will listen this afternoon and give you some feedback. Thanks a million for posting this here! I'm very curious as to how this has turned out.

EDIT : nice cover btw.

Last edited by 5th state; 06-01-2014 at 06:10 AM.
5th state is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #5
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Listening now!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:49 AM   #6
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa

Just a question before I get into the review. Who produced these tracks? Or do you self produce? I'm not familiar with your work as I've only been on the forum for a short time. So I can't compare it to your earlier work.

REVIEW (listened twice)
1. INTRO

Nice little skit, if a bit cheesy. Puts you in the right atmosphere and introduces the overall theme.

2. DANGEROUS EYES

I like the dramatic, heavily orchestrated beat on this one. Shifter rides the beat nicely. Powerful first song with a chorus that echoes in the head.

Goes along these lines. (Not a native English speaker so I might have gotten some words wrong.)

'Dangerous eyes with the cancer of anger
A mad god's bleeding
The raptor retread not
Coke (cold?) warrior shellshock
Bold courier with the message
The way fear I know I'm foreigner' (not sure about that last line in particular)

'The age of the mediocre rapper is over.'

The little skit at the end (from 'Gladiator')was a nice touch.

3. BOXING SCIENTIST

Great song title. Shifter is boasting about his skills on this one. The rhymes speed by and it's kinda hard to take everything in at once. Reminds me of Holocaust somehow, with the meticulous flow and the Westcoast (?) accent. I like the imagery on this one.

Basic catchy chorus.

Lots of detail went into the end of the song again. This in itself reminds me of how Cilvaringz put together his official debut album.

GOOD START TO THE ALBUM!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #7
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

4. ODD ACTIVITY

Some white noise to introduce the song, followed by ill voice samples I can't place.

'Graveyard Shifter, a complex writer
Shakespeare on meth mixed with Coke'

Very wordy song again. Highly enjoyable.

The backdrop is a bit reminiscent of the 2nd track, only more lo-fi (not in production terms, but in actual sound, if that makes sense).

Some boxing and 'aaarghs' going on in the latter part of the song, nice details.

5. EUROPA

'For some time your world has sheltered one of us...' I think this voice sample comes from the 'Man of Steel' movie. Ties in nicely with the first lines of the song, which starts out as a storytelling rap.'This is how the Midwest was won / In a wartorn Metropolis ...'

'Shifter is the real truth and the real life serum
Adjust your visual and ghostwrite killer
This is metal combat' (not the full chorus, couldn't make out all the words)

Extremely ill beat! Was this used on RZA's 'The Whistle' too? If so, the sample is flipped another way here.

6. GOD CORE

Begins with some off key singing, ODB style, in which Shifter compares himself to various superheroes, which gets my attention right away. A beat along the lines of the 4th song.

Him likening himself to 'the black Bruce Wayne' is extra funny since I think Kanye has a song coming out with the same topic.

This is a pretty short song, followed by another movie sample skit from the latest Batman movie series.

Even though the beat is a bit similar to some of the other ones so far, this song stands out because of the way the chorus is delivered. Shows Shifter has a good sense of humor in his songs too, and not just in his comments on the forum.

Flawless flow on this one too. But so far all the rhymes seem to have the same flow. If it's not broke, don't fix it, I guess.

SO FAR SO GOOD.

Last edited by 5th state; 06-01-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #8
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

7. WAYNE TECH

Continues the comic book topic. Horn driven beat, which makes it different from most songs that precede it. The initial beat turns into a very repetitive loop, akin to some songs on for instance RZA's 'The digital bullet'. You either love it or hate it. Come to think of it, maybe the Bobby Digital persona was a bit of an inspiration. I'm just guessing here.

At this point it might be good to go into the audio quality of the whole thing. This is all obviously professionally recorded, mixed and mastered. Crystal clear sound on the whole album, with enough volume for both the vocals and the beat (often a problem on other releases.)

'Confucian conclusion', nice wordplay there.

Another skit at the end of the song.

Thanks for the shoutout to Europe in the intro, man

The repeating of the chorus at the end is a bit much for me.

8. VIOLATORS

War scene at the beginning of the song. We're in Killarmy territory! I love the fucked up beat on this one. Is this Lordbeatjitsu?

Some shit talking in the beginning and the middle of the song, which is always a winner in my book.

'I got a fetish...'

So I thought Shifter was going to discuss the forum's taste for BBW, but unfortunately no.

Shifter talks about his block and keeping drugs away from it (from what I understand).

So I had to listen to this song four times in a row because of the beat

Song ends the same way as it begins.

9. NO MATTER WHAT

Some silly singing on this one at the beginning. Reminds me of Pun's 'It's so hard'. I thought the singing on God Core was more effective. This is a bit grating.

Nice flute sound in the mix in the beat. Song about the everyday struggle. We can relate to it.

THIS ALBUM IS STILL ON THE RIGHT TRACK.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #9
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

10. LEGATUS IMPERATUS SHIFTUS

An imperial song About the beats on the record so far... Very good, but they don't seem to have breaks or bridges, which might have spiced things up a little.

I like the little extra touches on the song, like the 'AAAH' singing. I don't have a lot to say about the lyrics on this one.

11. GOD PEACE

Another example of the immaculate flow. Yet, the same cadence, again. Another looped beat as well. Track gets kinda lost in the shuffle.

12. THE ENIGMA'S CONVENANT

Busy, looped beat. Ill song title.

Last edited by 5th state; 06-01-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #10
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

13. MID GUARD

Beat's a bit different, which is good. But I think it's a hard beat to rap over. Imo beat and verses don't mesh well. It's just not that good of a backdrop to rap to, I think. The verses themselves are on point.

14. I KNOW WHO U ARE

Has a lo-fi feel to it. I feel it. I like the call and answer in the chorus. Track in which he boasts about himself. Movie clip at the end of the song.

Starts out really good

'As a youngin' I belonged to the sky
Interstellar dive my higher birth signify
Free will in the world ...'

and keeps it up till the end.

15. I LOVE YOU

Distorted strings and a vocal sample buried in the mix on this one. It all sounds suitably threatening. Shifter repeats 'I love you' over and over again and sounds aggressive and hyped up at times in the song. Lots of emotions in this song. Sounds as if Shifter is venting on this one.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

16. THE GREAT DIVIDE

Some guy talking at the beginning of the song, informing Shifter that the Streets are saying he is not 'that tombstone rapper any more'. Upon which Shifter unleashes some lyrical heat.

Looped horns on this one. War movie clip at the end.

17. THUGS & RICH MEN

Good use of strings on this one. Dreamlike backdrop. Or rather, nightmarish.

The midnight piranha rhymes his ass off on this one, too.

18. CRAFTCAVE

It seems Shifter was sent to planet earth to save mankind, according to the intro clip. Now that's a mission! Fucked up organlike beat here. Some nice variation here with the guy yelling 'Graveyard shifter'.

19. ASTRO GOD CHANT

Album's almost over ... Shifter talks directly to his listeners here, basically an outro over a nice enough beat.

20. OUTRO

Suitably dramatic outro music!
Old 06-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #12
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

Mangggg....that was an amazing review...im grateful fam, thank u...everything is noted here