news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #1
Exodus

Exodus shaolin monk
Default Flatlinerz - U.S.A.

I was looking for albums that followed that brutal, stripped-down sound found on Tical, Enta Da Stage, 36 Chambers, and other albums like that and someone pointed me to this album. Man, I didn't know what I was in for, lol

Classic, in my opinion
9/10
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Great album, wouldn't call it classic though. But something like 8-9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

i've only heard a few tracks from it. wasn't blessed enough to score myself a copy. i really liked what i heard. total Gravediggaz knock-off, but i forgive them.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight-bizza-gee View Post
i've only heard a few tracks from it. wasn't blessed enough to score myself a copy. i really liked what i heard. total Gravediggaz knock-off, but i forgive them.
USA came out in 94..
6 feet deep came out in 94 too... in august. I'm not sure which date USA came out, but I doubt they had time to make and release the album aswell as singles with videos in between august 94 and new years eve..

Quote:
Old 09-10-2007, 02:31 PM   #5
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

either way, they had quite a bit of similarities.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:32 PM   #6
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

basically this was Russell Simmons' way of trying to recreate the Onyx sound he had the year before while also copying the obvious Rza/Gravediggaz formula.

i happen to have a copy of it and it is some crazy shit, i was quite impressed

definatley work checking out if you are doing some extra credit
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eight-bizza-gee View Post
either way, they had quite a bit of similarities.
That, I agree with, but that don't mean anyone stole anyones style =)

Quote:
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
M-Dizzle
Allow me to demonstrate

M-Dizzle shaolin monk

Damn, does anyone know where I can get a copy of this hidden satanic gem?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

The album is discontinued, but you can still pick it up at sites like half.com and amazon.com. Some of the prices are starting to get high though, so you should try to get it soon. Red Rum from the Flatlinerz and Omen(OMN99) from the Gravediggaz got together to form a group, and an album is supposed to be coming out, but it's been taking a while.

http://www.myspace.com/theflatlinerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:32 AM   #10
zooruka

zooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venoms

actually if my memory serves me correct gravediggaz bit flatlinaz..I think prince paul was having lable troubles so he wanted to shut them down and he heard about this new group flatlinaz ...and decided to do his own group to stuff them up.

Not 100% on this but thats what I remember.

peace be with you !
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #11
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

not sure botu that^ but still the flatlinerz were supposed to be the next big thing in hip hop, lol at that but anyways that ssatanic verses sogn is sick i didnt listen to nething else cuz i dont wanna get into them but that song was dope
Old 01-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #12
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

They were the next big thing on Def Jam back in the days some people at Def Jam even didn't wanted to sign them because of that devilish stuff they was bringing but regardless of that they still gave them a chance.... Fucking fucked up that they didn't blow up because they were straight up Horrorcore !

This album has some crazy twisted tracks , it's just that they don't really have an outstanding MC like Gravediggaz and Onyx had....

I rate this album 8/10
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

This isn't an awful record but one that sounds fairly derivative. The beats were pretty nice but everything about this record pales in comparison to 6 Feet Deep. I kinda want to cop this on vinyl though. It would be pretty nice to own.

5/10
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #14
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post
basically this was Russell Simmons' way of trying to recreate the Onyx sound he had the year before while also copying the obvious Rza/Gravediggaz formula.

i happen to have a copy of it and it is some crazy shit, i was quite impressed

definatley work checking out if you are doing some extra credit
I was just going to say this, they always kind of reminded me of a darker onyx. Back then there were a few people trying to bite onyx's style. I have this and the singles from this on vinyl. I think I have 3 copies of the live evil vinyl found them for a quarter in some used music store. But I'd have go with 6 feet deep as being a better record I always liked poetics crazy style on that. I wish he came out with a solo or something after that I thought he had one of the most original styles.

Last edited by Biz; 10-26-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

this isnt that good imo...

sonic boom is the only track i really liked
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote