news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #1
WuBizzie

WuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken mastaWuBizzie drunken masta
Default Method Man XXL Interview (NEW)

Nice lil read:

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/11/m...-not-a-rapper/

WuBizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

kool

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
the blazed sage
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the blazed sage shaolin monk

Cameron Crowe? That shit cam out of nowhere
the blazed sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

good read, thanks for posting!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Young Gun
PRODIGAL SUN

Young Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal sonYoung Gun prodigal son

What can you tell me about the 20th anniversary album?

Nothiní. Nothiní. Youíd have to talk to RZA and them, like I said, I just go in and I spit on the tracks and shit, and I break out. You know, it started offóand Iím about to give you some real shitóit started off shaky dog. Niggas didnít like the concepts that RZA was cominí with at first, or this whole overall look for the album. He wanted it to be light, we wanted it to be dark. Bring it back to that first LP. He was more like, more or less, weíve been there and done that. So this is why itís taking so long, because we gotta find a common denominator between light and dark, ícause I agree with him, you canít have a full album worth of dark shit, you gotta have some light there.

Some hope?

Yeah, but I donít want to make it seem like, damn, these niggas went and became Hare Krishnas, Dali Lamas and shit. So right there, there was a lot of light. But when we went overseas, it started to get a little darkeróa lot darker, you know what I mean. We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the materialónot enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isnít on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and thatís as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already.
I just want the people to know why it comes when it does come. Weíre just trying to find a common denominator between light and dark. But just know thisóMeth is on damn near everyómatter fact, I think I am on every joint. And these fuckiní verses, Iím telliní you my dude. Iím saying shit like, [raps]

ďI ainít tryna be no D-Boy, I love music, Iím a B-Boy / Are you the undercover or the decoy / Iím heavy with the beat, trouble T-Boy / A pit with no muzzle about to pop your bubble like a [inaudible] / Too much marijuana got me p-noid / Iím killin instrumentals with that ĎAll So Simple Can It Beí boy / Shout to Lil Cease, B.I.G. boy / And funk Dr. Spock, I mean Redman, thatís not Leonard Nimoy.Ē

Iím telliní you, Iím hard-bodied, dawg. Trust me, just listen to some of these features, youíll see exactly where Iím at with it and how Iím gonna come, ícause Iím back to cadence. My flows are gonna be switchiní all over the placeódudes will not be able to keep up.

So from the sound of things, the majority of Wu want the dark, classic 36 Chambers sound, but RZA wants a "Family Reunion" type of sound. Based on RZA's recent production, I'd say the rest of the generals have the right idea...

Last edited by Young Gun; 11-13-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Wu Tang needs to go ahead and do a group album without The RZA because they want a hardcore sound like the first album and The RZA doesn't want that. The RZA is a weird guy LOL. The RZA should be trying to please his fans because they're the ones that made him rich.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #7
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

God damn. I think i'd rather have a RZA produced Method Man album than a clan album from what i'm seeing. They seem to be far more passionate about new wu music than the other guys.

I can understand RZA wanting to evolve the wu sound but it is a balance. Iron Flag was too little evolution, 8 Diagrams was too much. I enjoy them both but they really need some of those really musical but still rugged RZA classics.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

I thought money was the issue but i guess not. So now it appears to be rza as the main reason why this album wont come out. SMH most of us blamed raekwon its rza who has been trying to make the wu-tang release a kanye west styled album minus the drums. Its 2 bad that rza actually things his new production style is good. I didnt even really think that song on the earl sweatshirt album was all that. Its time for the main wu members to start workin as a team without rza behind the boards. Think about a project like wu-massacre but taken more seriously with better production. 20th year anniversary is a major achievement and rza should be able to remember that it was a hardcore sound that got them here not this laid back hippy mollases/family reunion bullshit he makes now.
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #9
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

^we should be so lucky that this album would sound like a Kanye album, his last two were far from "light" .

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
ShortyCoffeeStain
CHICKEN HEAD

ShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkeyShortyCoffeeStain iron monkey

lol @ rooting for the other Clan members to take the lead, and cut out RZA.

Because Wu-Massacre was soooo much better than:

Enter the 36 Chambers
Tical
Return to the 36 Chambers
Liquid Swords
Cuban Linx
Wu-Tang Forever
Supreme Clientele
No Said Date
and more...

....all executive produced by The RZA.

But yeah, let's get some Lex Diamond Story and The Manifesto-quality albums! That stuff rocked!
ShortyCoffeeStain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
GhostlyRaes
SLIMEY SAVAGE

GhostlyRaes shaolin monk

^^^^^^^^^^^ Havent you heard rza's post 2010 (not counting CL2 which i think were older beats) most are WEAK. Your lying to yourself if u think family reunion and room keep spinning is on the level of any of his first decade of production. Hes washed now lets face it Dude cant make bangers like he used to.
GhostlyRaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #12
gamefacekillah
CHICKEN HEAD

gamefacekillah grasshopper

Let's all pray for rza to come through lol