news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #1
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Real HIP HOP is alive n well.. Stream MARCO POLO's new album!!!

Man i just finished listening to this, this is so fucking good, will definitely buy the vinyl of this... read my first-listen Review and get hyped and stream the entire album

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Tapes

Ooooooh shit, the time is finally hear! If you've been following this blog for at least two months you know that I've been superhyped about the release of Marco Polo's official follow up to his 2007 album "Port Authority"; even going as far as stating that this will without a doubt be among the very best albums of 2013. "PA2: Director's Cut" officially hits stores and retailers via Soulspazm Records this Tuesday but the label and artist have decided to let loose of a full stream of the LP a little early, and luckily I happened to sit at the computer just as they did so so I'm breaking my neck and shaking my head in disbelief to this boom bap monster full of ludicrous hard beats, a guest lists that probably haven't been matched since Pete's first "Soul Survivor" and a whole lot of cuts from turntable wizards such as Shylow, DJ Revolution, and DJ Romes. I'm only a few tracks in but I'm just as blowed away as I predicted I would be... Marco Polo is a name you can count on and has been for years, if he's in the credits you can Count on his placement being one of the best tracks on the LP (one of the most telling examples is the track he laced Torae with for the latter's "For The Record"; an album that also featured contributions by DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Diamond D, 9th Wonder, Large Professor, and Nottz).

Things kick off with "3 O'Clock" and from there it just keeps booming and banging in that hardcore hip-hop direction that only true heads can enjoy - your girlfriend might very well ask you to turn off that damn RACKET!! Litteraly, there's standout after standout, both beatwise and lyrical wise - which isn't really suprising considering it features a majority of my favorite spitters of all time. There's a lot of posse cuts here which are so welcome - hearing Tragedy Khadafi, OC, Inspectah Deck, and Large Professor is sort of a dream come true. The preceding joint featuring Nature, F.T., and Big Twinz is a real Winner too, matching the aggressive Queens style of the emcees with a somewhat more soulful beat... Don't get fooled though, nothing on hhere isn't straight balls to the walls hard as far as drum programming and overall style go. I also like how there's a lot of little crazy beat interludes coming in here and there, sometimes with talk over, sometimes not. On first listen I feel that this is by far Marco's strongest album yet; "Port Authority" was a terrific record with instant classics like OC's "Marquee", Large Pro's "The Radar", Roc Marcy's "Lay It Down", G Rap's "Hood Tales" and so forth. While pretty much all the individual tracks were brilliant, I thought as an album it didn't come all the way through as it sometimes felt more like a compilation than an album, due to a lack in coherrence betweeen the songs. That problem is nowehere to be found here; the skits, the typpe of beats, the sequencing, the guests (which include everybody from Last Emperor, La Coka Nostra, MC Eiht, Breezly Brewin, Malcolm Martin, the original Year Round family with Blaq Po, H. Stax & NYGz Panchi,, etc.), and the emphasis on the DJ makes this a truly exceptional journey into beats and rhymes as they should be done. Hip-hop at it's finest in other Word. And this is just on my first listen.... Can't fucking wait to get this on vinyl and make my neighbors hate me a little more! Stream the full album via OnSmash below, and order the CD from UGHH or wait til' December 10 when the vinyl drops.

01. "3 O'Clock" (Ft. Organized Konfusion + DJ Lynx)02. "Savages" (Ft. ILLBILL, Slaine & Celph Titled + DJ Revolution)
03. "Earrings Off" (Ft. Rah Digga + Shylow)
04. "Can't Get Enough" (Ft. Big Twinz, Nature & F.T.)
05. "Astonishing" (Ft. OC, Inspectah Decck, Tragedy & Large Professor)
06. "6 Trill" (Ft. The Last Emperor + Shylow)
07. "West Coast Love" (Ft. MC Eiht & King Tee + DJ Revolution)
08. "Wrong Girl" (Ft. Reggie B & Reach)
09. "Drunken Sleuth" (Ft. Invincible)
10. "Intermission" (w. Michael Rappaport)
11. "Emergency Man" (Ft. Malcolm & Martin + DJ Revolution)
12. "Strange Brew" (Ft. Gangrene + DJ Romes)
13. "What They Say" (Ft. Lil' Fame, Kardinal Offishal, Styles P + Shylow)
14. "Parental Discretion" (Ft. Breeze Brewin)
15. "Underdogs" (Ft. Supastitition + Shylow)
16. "R U Gonna Eat?" (Ft. The Doppelgangaz)
17. "Sucka Free" (Ft. Blaq Poet, Hannibal Stax & Panchi of NYGz)
18. "G.U.R.U." (Ft. Talib Kweli & DJ Premier)
19. "Glory (Finish Hard)" (Ft. Masta Ace, AG, Posdnous & Dion Jenkins)

MARCO POLO - "PA2: Director's Cut"
Stream @ OnSmash

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it's Amazing Marco came through with an album this fucking incredible (one of the absolute top LP:s of the year? no doubt!), while still managing to drop "Newport Authority 2" featuring exclusive new songs with Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Tragedy, Lil' Fame, Delphonics/Adrian Younge, The Artifacts, Large Professor, Das EFX and more. that was Another front-to-back banger with nothing but new songs, and he could have just as easily passed that off as his album and people would have still thought he did a great job (4/5 is very solid), but this is even better.. this has it all...

i need this on wax, and i would love to have "Newport Authority 2" on wax as well. Marco Polo is the future, i've said it Before he's one of the few go-to-producers where an artist is GUARANTEED to come out with an incredible banger.. in that sense he is the new Preemo, no one else.. Everything he produced has pretty much been heat, just look at the joints he gave J-Live for his last album or the Torae track i mentioned above, etc. etc.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 11-10-2013, 05:53 AM   #3
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

gonna buy it for sure.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
claaa7
Killer Bob

yeah same here... might even be the best album of the year!

Old 11-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
it's Amazing Marco came through with an album this fucking incredible (one of the absolute top LP:s of the year? no doubt!), while still managing to drop "Newport Authority 2" featuring exclusive new songs with Rakim, Big Daddy Kane, Tragedy, Lil' Fame, Delphonics/Adrian Younge, The Artifacts, Large Professor, Das EFX and more. that was Another front-to-back banger with nothing but new songs, and he could have just as easily passed that off as his album and people would have still thought he did a great job (4/5 is very solid), but this is even better.. this has it all...

i need this on wax, and i would love to have "Newport Authority 2" on wax as well. Marco Polo is the future, i've said it Before he's one of the few go-to-producers where an artist is GUARANTEED to come out with an incredible banger.. in that sense he is the new Preemo, no one else.. Everything he produced has pretty much been heat, just look at the joints he gave J-Live for his last album or the Torae track i mentioned above, etc. etc.
agreed

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

amazing
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #7
hashashin
Be Seeing You

hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hashashin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Gangrene and Ill Bill tracks are good, will check the rest of it out. Thanks for posting!
hashashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
FlamingSwordz
Veteran Member

FlamingSwordz drunken mastaFlamingSwordz drunken masta

Amazing track..

I haven't gone through it yet but my brother told me it was pretty good album first listen.
FlamingSwordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #9
FatherSl!me
Cream Of The Creeps

FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)FatherSl!me Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

That videos a masterpiece.

This lp is mos def a banger. I copped the majority of tracks on it
Old 11-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yeah this LP is dope, I like the Last Emperor track.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

album really is cinimatic. you just sit back, press play, and enjoy. definitely copping this. claa, is he releasing this on wax?
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
claaa7
Killer Bob

THUGNIFICENT - yessir!!! 3xLP too!
it's coming in December, i'm not 100% sure but i think it's December 13..

damn, i haven't been able to buy reords in several months, it fucking sucks... i NEED to buy this, MF Grimm's new and K-Def / DaCapo "The Genius EP" (i have "The Article" EP which is fucking AMAZING, one of my absolute favorites of the year, and with the additional tracks on "The Genius" EP i can play it as an album 2xLP set)

Old 11-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #13
Pestilence
SLIMEY SAVAGE

Pestilence crouching tigerPestilence crouching tiger

Certified banger, not that it wasn't expected, but didn't think it was going to be this good. Let's see how it fares in a long run.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

Almost 22 bux on Amazon. Headscratcher
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
Brayden
CHICKEN HEAD

Brayden shaolin monk

Pretty much the whole album is fire.