news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 01-27-2014, 01:56 AM   #1
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta
Default Old Ghostface Interview From 2013: "Let Me Make A Wu-Tang Album"

I think RZA should sit one out and let Ghost take on the next wu album "A Better Tomorrow" or whatever it's gonna be called. Ghost been consistent for years..great ear for beats...and {as ive read} he isalso is highly responsible for 36 Chambers turning out how it did.

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2013/03/g...wu-tang-album/

And on a side note..why is RZA giving Nas and Busta all the sampled heaters but gives the Wu this shit??

Gives Q-Tip This

Gives Busta/Talib This
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

RZA already finished the album except for gaykwon the heifer. I'd rather have a RZA produced album of anything than some Apollo Kids bullshit.

So Ghost can make the next one, but Wu are probably done anyway so give up. Heart Gently Weeps was the weakest track 8D and conveniently you picked one of the few songs on there that wasn't sample based to make your dumb point.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #3
JEM
Wu-Veteran

"conveniently picked the non sampled ones to make my dumb point"?
that was the point bozo. Read the ghost interview "Pay for the fuckin sample" instead of trying to make hip hop hippy shit is what hes saying. ...Apollo Kids was better then 8d. Keyboard thug
Old 01-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #4
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
"conveniently picked the non sampled ones to make my dumb point"?
that was the point bozo. Read the ghost interview "Pay for the fuckin sample" instead of trying to make hip hop hippy shit is what hes saying. ...Apollo Kids was better then 8d. Keyboard thug
Yeah, um most of the album was sample based, and The Beatles don't let ANYONE sample their shit anyway. So whats your point?

RZA production on 8 Diagrams goes down in history as pioneering and inventive regardless if you like it personally. Refer to the TSA thread about Raekwon being a dumbass, he was the one that said "hip hop hippy" which is a monumentally dumb and narrow view about using guitars in hip hop music.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
JEM
Wu-Veteran

youre dickriding. Sample based or not..everybody knows 8d was not a great album. That was not RZA's best production. And it wasnt the best effort from the wu as lyricists either..(production didnt inspire most likely). Dont get me wrong..there were some good moments here and there..but cmon..

and thats why i said hip hop hippy shit..as Rae put it..go ahead and use guitars...but do it right..that shit was not it. The Firm "Phone Tap" Now thats some guitar for a hip hop track.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:53 AM   #6
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM View Post
youre dickriding. Sample based or not..everybody knows 8d was not a great album. That was not RZA's best production. And it wasnt the best effort from the wu as lyricists either..(production didnt inspire most likely). Dont get me wrong..there were some good moments here and there..but cmon..

and thats why i said hip hop hippy shit..as Rae put it..go ahead and use guitars...but do it right..that shit was not it. The Firm "Phone Tap" Now thats some guitar for a hip hop track.
I already said Heart Gently Weeps is a weak track. While my guitar gently weeps actually has harder production than that bullshit soft rock. But thats only one song, its unfair that Rae made it seem like that was the style of the whole album when it wasn't.

8 Diagrams was dope other than that.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:33 AM   #7
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

Agreed^
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Kanha
Wu Vatican

Kanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkeyKanha iron monkey

Ghost hasnt been good with his albums since "Fishscale"
Kanha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #9
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

Disagreed^
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:07 AM   #10
JEM
Wu-Veteran

8 diagrams was a RZA experiment when it shouldve been the WU's return to the top. Some of those tracks would sound great on a movie soundtrack or throw away internet leak or mixtape..but not no Wu-Tang Clan's 4th album..1st one in 6 years. And lately I'm not hearing too much that RZA i think can even come close to the RZArectah from 92-2G.

Not sayin i dont think he can do it...i just think Ghost has proved he can pick classic wu beats.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:56 AM   #11
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

8diagrams sucked big time. RZA is not making good beats any more, for a long time now. he sucks. Ghost would do better album then rza.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 AM   #12
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

Based on what? Apollo Kids, Wizard Of Poetry, Big Doe Rehab all had stank or at best average production.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #13
JEM
Wu-Veteran

i rest my case
Old 01-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #14
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

But whats the case? Only 2 of those are from a Ghost album. The 3 albums i mentioned all stink that he chose the beats for (i don't care about a few songs) whereas if RZA just points him in the right direction you get 12 Reasons To Die.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #15
The blackma
SLIMEY SAVAGE

The blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken mastaThe blackma drunken masta

Some wu stans want Robert Diggs to produce songs like the crazy shit he used to produce in the 90s ? But this guy is dead for many reasons. No one can fuck with the Rzarectah like Dj Goldfingaz said in 1998. Because he was the best. He produced some of the greatest albums in the hip hop history. But he was a pioneer and an hip hop adventurer a hip hop chris columbus. His beats were unique and special. He raised the bar too high and created high expectations from wu stans. They are like junkies that wanted to feel like when they listened to early wu beats. Time passed and Rza is dead, now we deal with Bobby Digital. He can produce good beats and he is still trying to be an hip hop adventurer. He experiments a lot but he is not focused and as a man he has changed a lot. Wu generals don't trust him like they once did.
The blackma is offline   Reply With Quote