news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 04-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #376
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

I'm small time here, and I didn't hate all that much, but I still was doubtful that this would ever be completed and drop, and when he was talking about the crazy release I thought dude had smoked one too many dust blunts. So I'll take my L there. Gotta give it up to ringz for actually making this and for getting his money right. Good for you.

BUT this is still befuddling to me as a Wu fan. I'm divided on how I feel about this shit. On the one hand, I don't buy every album (read: I barely buy any albums), so I understand this is a move to get money through your music. But on the other hand, if you're makin music just for money, which is this, why make it... I don't know, it just comes off as real sketchy to me. Hopefully the eventual buyer will a) leak it, or b) get run up on by over-zealous Wu-nerds, who in turn will then leak it.

So these are my thoughts. And here they are posted. For this is the internet.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:20 AM   #377
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

could also be a type of investment.

buy it for $5 - $10 mil.

then sell it to a label, put it on itunes and/or distribute it independently yourself and make a profit.

with the hype behind it that seems plauseable.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:35 AM   #378
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
could also be a type of investment.

buy it for $5 - $10 mil.

then sell it to a label, put it on itunes and/or distribute it independently yourself and make a profit.

with the hype behind it that seems plauseable.
A profit seems plausible? It's hyped but not like that, sheesh
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #379
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

I read the last 10 pages or so but I still have not read if is there still going to be any way for the casual fan to buy this? Or hear it w/o going to that museum exhibit lol

Also is the museum/gallery tour dates set up yet? I live near the NYC/Philly area so I'm sure it will def be exhibited there.

I just want to know what would happen if a rich private collector buys it and locks it away. Then the casual/avg Wu fan will never hear it.

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #380
RUSHING PLATYPUS
Platypi on the swarm!!

RUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venomsRUSHING PLATYPUS five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
I read the last 10 pages or so but I still have not read if is there still going to be any way for the casual fan to buy this? Or hear it w/o going to that museum exhibit lol

Also is the museum/gallery tour dates set up yet? I live near the NYC/Philly area so I'm sure it will def be exhibited there.

I just want to know what would happen if a rich private collector buys it and locks it away. Then the casual/avg Wu fan will never hear it.
Depends on who buys it, and what they want to do with it. I find the notion that we'll never hear it highly unlikely personally. We'll hear it.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #381
digitalsouljah36
Veteran Member

digitalsouljah36 crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to digitalsouljah36

It would be awesome if everyone who went to one of these listening sessions were put on a email list and once Wu-Tang reaches a certain $$$ point, we all get sent a download link for the album. Would make sense considering the whole Wuki approach.
"That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."
digitalsouljah36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #382
Buddah_MAC
CHICKEN HEAD

Buddah_MAC prodigal sonBuddah_MAC prodigal sonBuddah_MAC prodigal sonBuddah_MAC prodigal sonBuddah_MAC prodigal sonBuddah_MAC prodigal son

The most likely buyer is going to be one who's going to want to see a profit on their investment, plus they don't have to sell to the highest bidder if someone comes to them with a plan they agree to get some backend along w/ the initial purchase.

If you see this strategy as a bidding war on a non-recoupable album advance sold through the initial exclusivity pushing the story, then you'll realize that probably by 4th qtr 14/2nd qtr 15 there will more than likely be some kind of standard broad release of this album (most likely w/ a digital/streaming exclusive release a limited time beforehand.)
Buddah_MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #383
mic napalm
Illest Killa Bee

mic napalm crouching tiger

Two still unresolved items...

1. Still not clear on the Post 100 concept/idea
2. What was intended in regards to the "Get your virus scanners ready" comment

Ringz are you able to elaborate on those items...or not yet...or ever
Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #384
wukillabee25
SHAOLIN STUDENT

wukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venomswukillabee25 five deadly venoms

I remember Cilva saying there were investors involved in the making of this album too. I would think they are going to get a large slice of the pie too.
wukillabee25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #385
Chrism70
THE QUIET SOLDIER

Chrism70 drunken mastaChrism70 drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsouljah36 View Post
It would be awesome if everyone who went to one of these listening sessions were put on a email list and once Wu-Tang reaches a certain $$$ point, we all get sent a download link for the album. Would make sense considering the whole Wuki approach.
...so its the FANS who would be the "Millionaire" purchaser of this Album, because they bothered to go out and support this idea, their $50 each would be rewarded with a copy of the album.

Interesting thought and when you remember that Cilva said something about "...get your virus scans ready..." then maybe the download link after paying to listen to the Album is what Cilva was hinting at maybe?

Cilva, care to comment?
Chrism70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #386
ta12113

ta12113 drunken mastata12113 drunken mastata12113 drunken masta

What I would like to know is this: how long has this plan been in the works? And who came up with it? Was it a collaborative effort, or did Ringz envision the whole thing, and then Rza consigned? Because it that interview with vibe it comes off as if Rza is saying that HE'S been working on this album for 6 years, without any mention of Ringz at all. He doesn't say it exactly, but he definitely leads the listener in that direction.
ta12113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:34 AM   #387
JEM
Wu-Veteran

JEM drunken mastaJEM drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
What I would like to know is this: how long has this plan been in the works? And who came up with it? Was it a collaborative effort, or did Ringz envision the whole thing, and then Rza consigned? Because it that interview with vibe it comes off as if Rza is saying that HE'S been working on this album for 6 years, without any mention of Ringz at all. He doesn't say it exactly, but he definitely leads the listener in that direction.
was thinking the same thing..
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #388
Frank Drebin
shaolin shadowboxer

Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Frank Drebin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Seriously though if it was Rza produced in his prime like if somehow they salvaged the beats from the first flood I could see someone shelling out good money for it but....cilvaringz...does anyone in hip hop even know his beats (no disrespect) but who would pay more than $20 to buy his beats with old rappers way out of their prime on it? It may not even be worth the bbandwidh to illegally download it

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 AM   #389
Igotcha
NAS, MOBB DEEP AND WU!!!

Igotcha grasshopper

Rza could at least throw a copy of The Cure in there. I only been waiting for gotdamn nearly 20years for that shit. I remember seeing it in the source mags where they used to have upcoming albums listed. I used to be so hype back then.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:22 AM   #390
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot View Post
Seriously though if it was Rza produced in his prime like if somehow they salvaged the beats from the first flood I could see someone shelling out good money for it but....cilvaringz...does anyone in hip hop even know his beats (no disrespect)
If they didn't know him, which is quite possible, they do now. Co-Signed by Rza, and featured in pretty much every relevant media outlet worldwide. Regardless of how this album turns out, Ringz has put his name out there everywhere..