news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #16
GRANDMASSIVE.
BBW SLAYER

GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GRANDMASSIVE. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to GRANDMASSIVE.

I think they are both equally great imo but both are 2 entirely different albums. Neither is better than the other, both have amazing production with that FunkDocness. DIzD has more of that cosmic slop sound which was mostly producled by Reggie Noble himself (if yall didn't know) vs Muddy Waters funkdafied shit which Sermon handled the majority of the tracks. I can see why a lot of people would say MW was better, it did go 3x platinum & it is highly more recognized by the people but DIzD did go Gold & is an underground classic in its own right.
Both albums can be heard from start to finsh, so DIzD vs MW = a Draw

http://www.reverbnation.com/grandmas...wchristshabazz
http://www.soundclick.com/grandmassive
GRANDMASSIVE. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #17
zooruka

zooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
Beats. That hard funk sound on his first 2 albums that Eric Sermon does sounds a bit dated 2 me
Cosign
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:23 AM   #18
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

whoot thee album > darkside.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #19
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Sickdog. Whut Thee Album isn't better than Dare Iz A Darkside even though Whut Thee Album is very good. Muddy Waters isn't better than Dare Iz A Darkside but it's a good album also and it was his last good album. I heard he's working on a sequel to Muddy Waters but it won't be good. His last 3 albums aren't good. Doc's Da Name album was ok but it was a disappointment and i think he tried to go mainstream with that album. That's why I'll Bee Dat song sounded mainstream and it was his first single because he was trying to sell records. Redman didn't care about selling records before and that's why his first 3 albums sounded underground. I was surprised Doc's Da Name went platinum and his first 3 albums are gold. His first 3 albums should've been platinum. Malpractice was his last gold album and i was surprised it went gold because it sucked. Once again he tried to go mainstream and he tried doing a song for the clubs when he did Let's Get Dirty. He had never tried that before.

He should've stayed underground because he's good at doing underground music and that's why i love his first 3 albums. He also should've left Def Jam after Malpractice because it's obvious the company didn't care about him anymore because it shouldn't take 6 years for Def Jam to release Red Gone Wild after Malpractice. He could've put out 2 more albums after Malpractice with all that time being wasted and i know his fans were pissed off that it took 6 years for Def Jam to release a album from him.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #20
Biz
CHICKEN HEAD

Biz crouching tigerBiz crouching tiger

Darkside is way better than muddy waters. I was suprised that red really didn't care for darkside and has not listened to it since it came out because I think that's his best album by far. I think at that point in his life he was on a lot of drugs and doesn't want to be reminded of that point in his life. But muddy waters was more geared for the radio and darkside was just not giving a fuck raw and grimey? Whut does sound dated to me but darkside has a dark grimey feel to it that I don't think he would ever to be able to recapture.
Biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Redman said that he doesn't listen to Dare Iz A Darkside? I can't believe he said that. That's a very good album and has a lot of funky beats on it. I love the album pictures especially the album cover with him being in the ground and hollering LOL. I also like the samples he used on Dare Iz A Darkside. Much props to him for sampling KRS One's Sound Of Da Police on We Run NY. I don't know why he decided to have Hurricane G rap on We Run NY LOL. She can't rap but she's cute.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #22
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Redman didn't care about selling records before
cmon son...
Old 04-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #23
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Redman is a underground rapper and underground rappers don't care about selling records. Only mainstream rappers care about selling records. I'm sure when Redman recorded his first 3 albums, he didn't care if they went platinum or gold. He probably only cared that black men in the hood would love his albums because that's who underground rappers make their albums for. I'm sure he also didn't care that his first 3 albums got any radio play because underground rappers don't make songs for the radio.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #24
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Redman is a underground rapper
underground rapper on defjam ? cmon son.

Quote:
and underground rappers don't care about selling records.
bullshit.

Quote:
Only mainstream rappers care about selling records. I'm sure when Redman recorded his first 3 albums, he didn't care if they went platinum or gold.
stop smokin that cheap shit.

Quote:
He probably only cared that black men in the hood would love his albums because that's who underground rappers make their albums for.
only in your wet pink dreams.

Quote:
I'm sure he also didn't care that his first 3 albums got any radio play because underground rappers don't make songs for the radio.
bullshit.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:25 PM   #25
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Sickdog, i don't care if you don't agree with my comments. Def Jam has had underground rappers like Redman, Jayo Felony, Onyx, Method Man, EPMD, DMX, Keith Murray, Nice and Smooth, Jay-Z, Slick Rick, Cormega, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Richie Rich, WC. Def Jam started out as a independent label and the label became successful because the artists back then were doing good music.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #26
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Sickdog, i don't care if you don't agree with my comments. Def Jam has had underground rappers like Redman, Jayo Felony, Onyx, Method Man, EPMD, DMX, Keith Murray, Nice and Smooth, Jay-Z, Slick Rick, Cormega, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Richie Rich, WC. Def Jam started out as a independent label and the label became successful because the artists back then were doing good music.
How exactly are they underground when those artists are on a major label, famous and very successful?

Thats the opposite of underground, genius.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #27
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

My point is just because rappers are on a major label, that doesn't mean they're mainstream. Those rappers i named that used to be on Def Jam are underground and just because they had some success, that doesn't mean they're mainstream because they're on a major label. Richie Rich, WC, Cormega, Nice and Smooth, Keith Murray and Jayo Felony didn't sell a lot of records on Def Jam. As a matter of fact, Cormega's album Testament didn't get released on Def Jam. Trigger Tha Gambler also was signed to Def Jam and his album didn't get released. I used to have a bootleg copy of it and it's pretty good. It's called Life's A 50/50 Gamble and it had the first single Bust which he had a video for with Smoothe Da Hustler. WC and Richie Rich only released one album on Def Jam. It sucks that westcoast rappers haven't had success with Def Jam because i like Richie Rich, WC, Jayo Felony. Warren G was on Def Jam but he only did 2 albums with the label.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #28
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
My point is just because rappers are on a major label, that doesn't mean they're mainstream. Those rappers i named that used to be on Def Jam are underground and just because they had some success, that doesn't mean they're mainstream because they're on a major label.
Yes it does. Pretty much every musical artist in history started in the underground scene. Otherwise you might as well call Elvis Presley and The Beatles underground. Lol.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #29
zooruka

zooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killazooruka shaolin masta killa

Muddy Waters >>>>>>>>>
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #30
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...

Crump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken masta

Wow, I see a lot of people here who appreciate Darkside coming out the woodwork now!
Thank you! Ima get back to this topic. Check out this promo video I found for Meth and Red from 94, I'm just watching it now.

Again - I was listening to it today. When I was in my teens I would play out albums.
For some reason I've been knocking this album for the last 2 months and it just fascinates me more and more. Fuck man, the bass and his voice and rhymes - I keep catching shit I didn't hear before - and I've been listening to this album for 20 fucking years now!