0
 

home
news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 04:02 AM   #31
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN
 
sickdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lithuania
Age: 32
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 0
sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey
Default

muddy watters, whut thee album, darkside.

but all 3 dope as a fuck. and i can add docs da name in 4 place, like it to.
__________________
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #32
TAURO
El Don of this shit
 
TAURO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: In the minds of women everywhere
Age: 33
Posts: 16,229
Rep Power: 61
TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Darkside never really clicked with me for some reason. Whut The Album, Muddy Waters and Malpractice are my faves. (Malpractice being very under appreciated imo)
__________________



"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:10 PM   #33
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!
 
main_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,340
Rep Power: 36
main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

the simple fact of the matter is this...

1. darkside (red's best album.)
2. whut the album
3. muddy waters


all 3 = CLASSICS.


now you can close the thread.
__________________
"Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...
 
Crump Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 305
Rep Power: 0
Crump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken masta
Default

sickdog - Ya but why do you say - whut thee album > darkside?

CharlesJones - Very well said. It's dope that all of those first 3 albums actually sold well too. I totally agree with what you say about Redman being an underground mc - I agree - even though he is on a major - I just look at it as he gets a bigger budget - to do underground music! Redman himself considers himself an underground rapper.

Biz - I'm happy you feel Darkside is better than Muddy waters as a whole as well. Yeah, Reggie did say he never went back to listen to Darkside after he made it cause it was a dark time and he was on heavy drugs - even though he said chicks come up to him constantly saying Darkside is their favorite album. At least someones telling him! lol

Prof - ya but why do you feel it's better - even that Fire joint? And that one track lifting the sample from Roots Sections - even though I know Darkside used the G Thang sample on Rockafella - I feel it was flipped way differently though.

Sick - Is Docs the name it All bee dat? That was a cool video - I just never listened to a whole Redman album after Muddy Waters.

Does anyone remember the Muddy Waters Ad in the Source in 1996? I wish THAT was the album cover! Anyone?

TAURO - That's cool, at least you said Darkside honestly doesn't click with you. I don't knwo what it is just recently I got back into it heavy. I never checked for Malpractice.

Main - I don't think we should close the thread on that - cause part of me feels maybee Muddy Waters comes in at #2 - I have yet to give Whut a fair listen though - it just sounded high on the treble for some reason...I may be completely wrong though.
__________________
Admiral Crumple - Creator of Dark, Hardcore and Clever hip hop since 2002!
Be sure to "like" www.facebook.com/admiralcrumple
Crump Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #35
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...
 
Crump Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 305
Rep Power: 0
Crump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken masta
Default

I just gavce Muddy Waters a full listen today. It's actually a very incredible album as well.
Even tracks like Fire - I liked that one cause of the chickenhead intro.

Redman is 100% one of the best to ever do it. He's a permanent fixture in my top 5, always.
__________________
Admiral Crumple - Creator of Dark, Hardcore and Clever hip hop since 2002!
Be sure to "like" www.facebook.com/admiralcrumple
Crump Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:44 AM   #36
Longbongcilvaringz
.
 
Longbongcilvaringz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 23,630
Rep Power: 98
Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
My point is just because rappers are on a major label, that doesn't mean they're mainstream. Those rappers i named that used to be on Def Jam are underground and just because they had some success, that doesn't mean they're mainstream because they're on a major label.
Yeah, i agree. You can't say Public Enemy, for instance, is "mainstream" just because they were successful.

I probably prefer Whut Thee... over the other two, but they're all close.
__________________





Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:53 AM   #37
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN
 
sickdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lithuania
Age: 32
Posts: 744
Rep Power: 0
sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
sickdog - Ya but why do you say - whut thee album > darkside?
ruff, rugged and raw. funky/oldschool beats, shit is timeless. and that Breal sample...

dont get me wrong, darkside is a dope album, but that "cosmic funk" shit only in few tracks, rest shit is lil bit boring, sometimes i can listen it all, sometimes i skip some shit. never skip any stuff on whut thi album or muddy waters.
__________________
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:00 AM   #38
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,700
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
Yeah, i agree. You can't say Public Enemy, for instance, is "mainstream" just because they were successful.
Doesn't matter if they were 'mainstream'. They weren't underground.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #39
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member
 
GhettoGnom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: norway
Age: 24
Posts: 5,192
Rep Power: 31
GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
CharlesJones - Very well said.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #40
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree
 
John Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
Posts: 2,651
Rep Power: 10
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son
Default

to the underground/mainstream discussion people what would u call kool g rap. he was on cold chillin records but I don't think any of his albums ever went gold. pretty unusual.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I don't fuck prostitutes. I massage and kiss their feet and they kiss my chest to make me cum.



John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #41
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds
 
ShaDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: MAFIA LAND
Posts: 11,700
Rep Power: 63
ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty
Default

I guess its not always black and white. I would say he was mainstream just about back then but has been underground since then.

Its weird because the music scene was different back then. The mainstream of hip hop wasn't as bastardized as its been since.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:38 AM   #42
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...
 
Crump Diddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 305
Rep Power: 0
Crump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken masta
Default

Sickdog - ruff, rugged and raw. funky/oldschool beats, shit is timeless. and that Breal sample...

dont get me wrong, darkside is a dope album, but that "cosmic funk" shit only in few tracks, rest shit is lil bit boring, sometimes i can listen it all, sometimes i skip some shit. never skip any stuff on whut thi album or muddy waters.

Veyr well said. I'm starting to rethink this whole thread now.
Muddy Waters is a solid listen through - I just got sick of people claming it's his
best when they haven't taken in Darkside.

Now I'm going to give Whu Thee album a good listen.

I guess we can all agree Redman's first three albums are fucking masterpieces.
The reason why I think is his thought process and who he is as a character
that plays a huge part. Reggie was fucking born to rhyme wasn't he?
This is someone who completely found his passion in life.

He is a fucking beast and that's it.

Are there any albums worth checking after the first 3?

WHat are Redman's best after that?

I thought Reggie - the album had a great album cover - reminded me of Darkside
but I felt there were only 2 - 3 tracks on there that were dope.

ALso what about the Redman and Method man Albums?

I love Redman and hope he in a sense gets angry - that fire back, that's what's needed I think.
__________________
Admiral Crumple - Creator of Dark, Hardcore and Clever hip hop since 2002!
Be sure to "like" www.facebook.com/admiralcrumple
Crump Diddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #43
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree
 
John Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
Posts: 2,651
Rep Power: 10
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Sickdog - ruff, rugged and raw. funky/oldschool beats, shit is timeless. and that Breal sample...

dont get me wrong, darkside is a dope album, but that "cosmic funk" shit only in few tracks, rest shit is lil bit boring, sometimes i can listen it all, sometimes i skip some shit. never skip any stuff on whut thi album or muddy waters.

Veyr well said. I'm starting to rethink this whole thread now.
Muddy Waters is a solid listen through - I just got sick of people claming it's his
best when they haven't taken in Darkside.

Now I'm going to give Whu Thee album a good listen.

I guess we can all agree Redman's first three albums are fucking masterpieces.
The reason why I think is his thought process and who he is as a character
that plays a huge part. Reggie was fucking born to rhyme wasn't he?
This is someone who completely found his passion in life.

He is a fucking beast and that's it.

Are there any albums worth checking after the first 3?

WHat are Redman's best after that?

I thought Reggie - the album had a great album cover - reminded me of Darkside
but I felt there were only 2 - 3 tracks on there that were dope.

ALso what about the Redman and Method man Albums?

I love Redman and hope he in a sense gets angry - that fire back, that's what's needed I think.
Never thought I'd see yiu type a swear word.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I don't fuck prostitutes. I massage and kiss their feet and they kiss my chest to make me cum.



John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #44
CharlesJones
Veteran Member
 
CharlesJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 11,060
Rep Power: 38
CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default

ShaDynasty, nobody cares about your retarded opinion. Most of the people on here agree with what i said over your opinion. How you figure Public Enemy wasn't underground? They're underground. Do you think their music is mainstream when they rapped about they hate racist whites and they hate ignorant blacks? LOL. I'm sure other record labels were scared to sign them because of what they rap about and Def Jam took a chance on them. Crump Diddy, don't even bother listening to Redman's other albums after Muddy Waters. Then again you should check out Doc's Da Name because you might like that. Malpractice, Red Gone Wild, Reggie albums are garbage and it's messed up i gotta say that because Redman is one of my favorite rappers but he had some terrible beats on those albums. Sickdog, how can you say you skip some songs on Dare Iz A Darkside and you don't skip any songs on Muddy Waters? I can listen to Dare Iz A Darkside all the way through except Sooperman Lover 2. Muddy Waters has a few songs i skip.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #45
CharlesJones
Veteran Member
 
CharlesJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Age: 38
Posts: 11,060
Rep Power: 38
CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default

Crump Diddy, also don't check out Redman and Method Man's Blackout 1 and 2 albums because you'll be disappointed. I don't like those albums because of the beats. Y.O.U. song on Blackout 1 is my jam though. They had some cute women in the video. Props to them for having Ghostface Killah and Streetlife in Y.O.U. video.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Copyright 2000 - 2013 The Wu-Tang Corp. & shift-one