news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #46
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Rakimkoolgrapwutang, Kool G Rap is a underground rapper and he was underground when he was with Cold Chillin records. Cold Chillin was a independent record label. I just saw Kool G Rap and DJ Polo, Biz Markie, Big Daddy's Kane Erase Racism video a few days ago for the first time on Youtube. That's a nice song but it's too bad racism will never end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:25 PM   #47
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Most people agree with you? No 2 people and crumple doesn't count. One person agreed with you.

I don't know how you have the nerve to call other people retarded. The 80s isn't the same as it is now in terms of what the mainstream is, political acts could be mainstream back then because essentially hip hop fans and artists were still the tastemakers. Public Enemy being featured prominently in 2 of the biggest films of the 90s, going gold or platinum with their first 4 albums and generally being famous pop culture icons does not equal underground, dipshit.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #48
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...

Crump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken mastaCrump Diddy drunken masta

Hey Sha, go fuck yourself.

CharlesJones - I may check DOc's Da Name - I heard one track about Jersey and it was grimy. I think Supamanluva 2 is the best version of that series personally - the beat is twisted!

I heard Blackout one - it has a few joints - Blackout 2 City Lights and For my Smokers sound tight I think - for new hip hop.

Have you heard that Funk from Hell compilation? That shit is crazy from what I heard. I downloaded it but haven't heard all of it yet. This track is perfect Redman -

Here's a question to you and I'm HOPING you know since you're a big Redman fan.

I went to a record shop around 2003 and found this crew featuring Redman on a single.
The album art was like 4 people playing cards or counting cash around a table - including Redman with weed and blunts on the table - what record is that?
Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #49
ShaDynasty

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Hey Sha, go fuck yourself.
Yeah and what? Write me a diss track so i can piss my little britches laughing.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:55 PM   #50
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
Yeah and what? Write me a diss track so i can piss my little britches laughing.
ShaDynasty - " No 2 people and crumple doesn't count. One person agreed with you."

Just testing, looks like I "count" to you! bahaha
Old 04-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #51
ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
ShaDynasty - " No 2 people and crumple doesn't count. One person agreed with you."

Just testing, looks like I "count" to you! bahaha
?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #52
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...

Why'd you get so jumpy when I told you to fuck off?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:17 AM   #53
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
How you figure Public Enemy wasn't underground? They're underground. Do you think their music is mainstream when they rapped about they hate racist whites and they hate ignorant blacks? LOL. I'm sure other record labels were scared to sign them because of what they rap about and Def Jam took a chance on them.
Exactly.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #54
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

ShaDynasty, what 90's movies was Public Enemy's music played in? Spike Lee's Do The Right Thing came out in 1989 and that's the only movie i remember that had their Fight The Power song played in it. I like when Buggin Out said to Radio Raheem in Do The Right Thing when Raheem was playing Fight The Power on his radio, is that the only tape you got? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Raheem said you don't like Public Enemy man? The shit is dope. Buggin Out said i'm down but you don't be playing nothing else LOL. Raheem said i don't like nothing else LOL. ShaDynasty, how is Public Enemy considered pop icons just because their first 4 albums sold well? LOL. If you were to ask black men who like real rap music, i think they would disagree with you that Public Enemy are pop rappers. They would tell you the same thing i'm telling you which is they're underground rappers.

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #55
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^There's a difference between being a "pop rapper" and a pop icon. PE is pop icons. Ask Rolling Stones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones
I didn't like it because of the beats.
GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #56
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Not very often CJ is correct but i def agree with him here, PE were not mainstream at all, if you look at the type of hip-hop that was popular at the time i.e. DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince etc, PE were nothing like that, but what they did do was make the mainstream stand da fuck up and take notice of them, they ruled the mainstream at the time, the mainstream didnt rule them. There was nothing commercial about ANYTHING PE done.

AOTY
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #57
ShaDynasty

Not sure if you're getting what i'm saying. It doesn't have to be black or white, underground or commercial. Some artists transcend those labels. PE weren't commercial of course but they were in the mainstream. And again, mainstream hip hop of the 80s is not comparable to now. there were a few pop acts like you mention fresh prince but the rest of the mainstream was de la, tribe, run dmc etc, they weren't underground. How can you be that famous and successful and be considered underground? That literally makes no sense.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #58
Crump Diddy
Crumple in the cut...

I understand what Sha is saying and also CJ - you are both right in a sense.

Sha Dynasty is taking it as the literal definition of Mainstream or commercial
and yes he is correct on that. Like you're signed to a major etc.

Charles is saying - No artists like PE and Redman were never commercial
- but he's saying more like the artistry and style is underground
- which I completely agree with as well.

The way I look at it is - yes Redman was commercial but his sound is underground.
In whateva man he even says - "Hard far from commercial"

I just feel it's like this - underground is a style - if a major gave Graveyard Shifter or me A million dollars to do what we want as artists - I look at that like Big Budget, big investment.

There are a lot of Underground rappers that sound commercial as shit with the same bullshit topics! I gravitated toward "Certain" underground raps because they really weren't censored and spoke truth - it's a fucking tool to use - and when underground rappers still talk about hoes, and cheating and party I'm like is that all you have to say with your 3 minute track?
Old 04-14-2014, 03:40 AM   #59
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Public Enemy's music was the complete opposite of mainstream music, who gives a fuck what label they were on? Def Jam - a hip hop specific label - is a different case to being signed to sony, warner brothers etc... It's pretty obvious CJ was talking about PE's style rather than their label status. Success doesn't equal mainstream.

Anyway, DIADS is my favourite Redman album and a personal classic so I agree with Admiral Crumple Diddy, I always felt it didn't get enough love from most hip hop albums. I love his first 3 albums though.

LOL @ liking Malpractice over DIADS though smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #60
ShaDynasty

Def Jam is owned by Universal.

And yeah this is a semantic argument, but its absolutely ridiculous to call a popular very famous musician underground. CJ also said Jay-Z, LL, Method Man were underground, which tells me he lives in a fantasy world where words mean whatever he wants them to.