news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-21-2014, 06:55 AM   #16
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Beck is loved by hip hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #17
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

Main Man so just because i don't like Outkast's albums after their first album, that makes me a lame? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I like Big Boi more than Andre. Andre should've never changed after the first album.

CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #18
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you're the exception to that particular rule, CJ.
just cause you're my homie and i'd punch a shittalking forum eruo in the temple for you.

andre kinda became one of the most open & vulnerable mc's as his career progressed.
some of his guest verses solidify his status as a top notch mc.
but i wasnt big on "the love below".

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:23 AM   #19
drippie k
este sitio es una mierda

drippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killadrippie k shaolin masta killa

Coachella isn't usually a place for rap acts (unless you're jay-z or kanye) and they (as a group) haven't performed in 8 years. So Andre's lack of practice, a non hip-hop crowd who only know like 2 songs from their catalog, Andre's mic problems, Future, and the fact that they cut The Whole World with killer mike AFTER the dude came out to perform made for a sense of seep disappointment at how the festival treated the best fucking rap duo to ever exist. Nevertheless, IMO, just seein both onstage after so long, performing classics and seeing Andre enjoy rap again, I rate the show 10/10 cuz fuck you I love OutKast. I rolled 2 blunts n kicked it watching the whole 90 minutes.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 AM   #20
David Daniel Davis
'

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiba View Post
YUP !
Outkast are hip hop royalty !
But they really shot themselves in the foot by performing at a non hip hop festival !
look at the line up:
Arcade Fire, the Replacements, Neutral Milk Hotel, Beck, the Knife, Disclosure, Queens of the Stone Age, Lana Del Rey, , Bryan Ferry, Skrillex, Motorhead ?
CMON !!

Had Outkast done this set at like rock the bells fest it would be a different story. Even if the Fugees or Tribe did a reunion at coachella the friggen crowd would've been the same or worse.

hipster....is that some sorta american thing?
ive heard the word but never encountered any...is that like some sorta modern day hippie?

on a side note id like a new outkast album...I personally like southernplayalistic,Atliens and aquemini as opposed to their mainstream/commercial albums (not saying they suck it just my preferance)

Not sure which direction they should take for a new album
You never know what direction they are going to take for their albums, that is what makes them so dope. They just may be the greatest act ever in the history of music, period. Who else do you know in any genre that has done something different on every album and still been successful? All of their albums are at least platinum.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM   #21
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Beck is loved by hip hop
Yeah man..beck is dope. Pure talent

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
but i wasnt big on "the love below".
'The Love Below' was watered down Prince. Of course, Prince at the time was ALSO watered down 80s Prince.

Another Outkast album would be great.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son5th state prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
Yeah man..beck is dope. Pure talent
'Night time vultures' was excellent. Kinda lost track of him after that one.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #24
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

'Midnite Vultures', got the album title screwed up.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #25
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
'The Love Below' was watered down Prince. Of course, Prince at the time was ALSO watered down 80s Prince.

Another Outkast album would be great.
Prince was a big influence for sure, but Dre definitely had a unique take on that style. I'd have to say Love Below was one of the most influential albums in hip hop recently. I think Kanye took from it, Drake took from it, now others are taking influence from those guys.

You could say Prince was watered down P-Funk also. But its not really watered down anything its just taking the music you love and putting your own twist on it. Thats just the way music works.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #26
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

I think - on albums - Prince only shows signs of P-Funk on 'New Power Soul' which he recorded under the moniker of New Power Generation (along with the actual band of course) in '98. I love P-funk, but that was just a lazy album BTW. Very bad song writing. I don't really see all that much P-funk on any of his other albums. Take some of his most celebrated albums. Purple Rain, Sign O' The Times, Parade - don't really see P-funk in there. Perhaps there was some P-funk on 1999. And The Gold Experience had P Control, which was clearly a love letter to P-funk.

I'd say the funk & soul on The Rainbow Children leans more towards James Brown. Brown was definitely a childhood hero to Prince. Seeing him live at a very young age made Prince want to become a musician himself (next to the fact his own father was a musician as well).

When it comes to concerts I agree with you. Live versions of songs often have a heavier
(P-)funk feel to them.

Was Andre's 'The Love Below' heralded as an artistic success upon its release in the US? (Bought the album the day it came out, didn't follow up on reviews at all.) I have no idea. I was genuinely surprised when you stated Kanye & Drake took their (change in) approach from 3 Stacks.

As for Kanye I was under the assumption he felt the material he wanted to discuss on 808s & Heartbreaks was better suited for singing than rapping. And I thought his decision to sing was heavily influenced by Autotune actually allowing him to do this in a graceful way (well, according to your own personal taste, of course).

Can't really say anything about Drake as I have no idea what he has stated are his influences. And I can't really tell from listening to his albums, which I rarely do any way.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #27
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Prince is overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I know black men want sex often and when they don't get it when they want it, they'll find a woman who will give them sex. Sex is the reason why most black couples don't stay together long.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:13 PM   #28
PANDA PISS
I Radiate Distinction

PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)PANDA PISS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to PANDA PISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
I think - on albums - Prince only shows signs of P-Funk on 'New Power Soul' which he recorded under the moniker of New Power Generation (along with the actual band of course) in '98. I love P-funk, but that was just a lazy album BTW. Very bad song writing. I don't really see all that much P-funk on any of his other albums. Take some of his most celebrated albums. Purple Rain, Sign O' The Times, Parade - don't really see P-funk in there. Perhaps there was some P-funk on 1999. And The Gold Experience had P Control, which was clearly a love letter to P-funk.

I'd say the funk & soul on The Rainbow Children leans more towards James Brown. Brown was definitely a childhood hero to Prince. Seeing him live at a very young age made Prince want to become a musician himself (next to the fact his own father was a musician as well).

When it comes to concerts I agree with you. Live versions of songs often have a heavier
(P-)funk feel to them.

Was Andre's 'The Love Below' heralded as an artistic success upon its release in the US? (Bought the album the day it came out, didn't follow up on reviews at all.) I have no idea. I was genuinely surprised when you stated Kanye & Drake took their (change in) approach from 3 Stacks.

As for Kanye I was under the assumption he felt the material he wanted to discuss on 808s & Heartbreaks was better suited for singing than rapping. And I thought his decision to sing was heavily influenced by Autotune actually allowing him to do this in a graceful way (well, according to your own personal taste, of course).

Can't really say anything about Drake as I have no idea what he has stated are his influences. And I can't really tell from listening to his albums, which I rarely do any way.
I think Andres influence was mainly with the production style, lots of ambient, atmospheric sounds, with the loud electronic style drums, which Ye and Drake both took the next steps with.

As for Prince, i always thought he was very P-Funk although he had other influences, James Brown is a good call. i think he kind of built everything else on top of that with funk/p-funk as the foundation. He took a pop approach to the musical style its more obvious on his first 3 or 4 albums.
PANDA PISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #29
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
I think Andres influence was mainly with the production style, lots of ambient, atmospheric sounds, with the loud electronic style drums, which Ye and Drake both took the next steps with.
Now I see what you mean. In that respect I would definitely say, yes, you are right.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #30
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by check two View Post
Prince is overrated
As always, personal taste and such, but I'd say, even trying to be on the outside of things here (huge Prince fan, so I'm trying to be as stern on his output as I can), I'd say the consecutive albums 'Purple Rain', 'Around The World In A Day', 'Parade' & 'Sign O' The Times' (middle '80s) had some really strong material and moreover worked as actual albums, not just as collections of songs. None of his (many) other albums can claim (near) classic status in my book. After 'Sign O' The Times' there was a distinct decline in quality output, brought on by sacking his band The Revolution (including Wendy & Lisa, who had shown remarkable song writing skills) after 'Parade'. Just my personal opinion, of course.