news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-16-2014, 04:14 AM   #1
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms
Default Pharoahe Monch -- PTSD Album

Surprised I havent seen more talk around here for this one. Great album, maybe the best Pharoahe has dropped to date. Excellent production, a lot of it from Marco Polo (the more they collaborate the better), and PM on the mic is very inspired. There's no rapping for rapping's sake. The concept is focused and fluid, the LP is precise. The skits are both brief and contributive. This, OC, and Step Brothers make three good albums this year. Wanna hear what you folk think about it, or put you onto it if it wasnt on your radar.

THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:35 AM   #2
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Props, didn't know this was out. Haven't kept up with much hip hop lately about to go cop this joint though
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:33 AM   #3
KoolGenius
CHICKEN HEAD

KoolGenius drunken mastaKoolGenius drunken masta

Great album, Pharoahe isn't just a rapper who can vocabulary & technically rap his ass off, can hold down a concept album quite incredibly. He has 1 of the most consistent discography in the game.

Stress:Extinction Agenda - Classic
Interna Affairs - 4.5/5
Desire, P.T.S.D, Oragnized Konfusion - 4/5
W.A.R - 3.5/5
The Equinox - 3/5
KoolGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Oh hell yeah!
Old 04-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
corky831
Veteran Member

corky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of furycorky831 fist of fury

this album bangs
Old 04-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

shit, I didn't know it was released already

that single with Black Thought was fuckin dope.......... Monch has yet to disappoint me as far as his albums are concerned
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:06 AM   #7
Shaolin Bloody Sword
Golden Child

Shaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killaShaolin Bloody Sword shaolin masta killa

Im kind of dissapointed at the production ! Sorry it's far from excellent. W.A.R. is way better than this album. It's not his best album either
Shaolin Bloody Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I have listened to it quite a lot by now and i must say that it grows on each listen. Monch is as deadly as always with the lyrics, delivery and flow and there's a bunch of terrific concept songs on here. there's definitely no weak songs on here, in fact it all is very even, which in a way is also its biggest weakness (if i may call it that). what i mean by that is that there's no definite stand out moments on here, no track that i can imagine the crowd going absolutely crazy over.. i've seen Pharoahe live three times so far, and he's a master at creating monster hits that tear the club down while still having a very important lyrical message. "PTSD" doesn't really have a "Free", "Clap (One Day)", "W.A.R.", "Let's Go" or "Simon Says".

it's still a very good album, i'd give it a 4/5 but i prefer his other albums so far. i'm suprised "W.A.R." doesn't seem to get that much love, that is one absolutely fantastic album imo. "Clap" alone is one of Monch's best song ever, sometimes i rewind just that track like 5-6 time bc it's so goddamn powerful.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Dude is a powerful rapper, this is a beautiful, strong album

agreed about no standout song, but at least it gets to me listen to the whole album instead of just picking my favourites like I do most of the time
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #10
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

I think "Bad M.F." is that anthemic track for this one.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Yeah^

I love this verse on that track.

The best Liar told a lie inside a room full of Liars,
The lie was so exciting that all the Liars admired,
When the Tructh walked in the building all Liars retired,
Deception was defeated and deceit became deleted...

Unh! They mad, cause they cant stop me,
Cause I said FUCK SWAG I got Moxy!!

This is an excellent album.

So many quotables
Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #12
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

Time2 is sick. I like the verse when he is all stressed and stuttering his verse purposely.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #13
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

damage!
Old 04-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

What's up with his album covers? LOL. He has some weird album covers. I do like Internal Affairs album cover. I just listened to the song he did with Black Thought and i'm not impressed. They're both good rappers but i didn't like the beat. I won't be listening to his new album because i heard Desire and WAR albums and they suck because of bad beats. Internal Affairs is the only album of his i like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
Quote:
Eagle Eye, fuck you for saying I write like a kid. How do you explain that? I write better than your punk ass.
CharlesJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #15
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI

^Listen to the album a few days then come back to this thread. Otherwise its just retarded "Radio" responses from you.