news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #1
lucky arms

lucky arms grasshopper
Default Crunk!!! music???

Is crunk a fad that will die quicklly or are we going to have to deal with it for a logn time? Also views on snap the lathargic couson of crunk.
lucky arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Dr Zayus drunken mastaDr Zayus drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky arms
Is crunk a fad that will die quicklly or are we going to have to deal with it for a logn time? Also views on snap the lathargic couson of crunk.
Crunk has been around for years. If you don't like it you don't have to listen to it.
Dr Zayus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
lucky arms

lucky arms grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zayus
Crunk has been around for years. If you don't like it you don't have to listen to it.
I never said anything about no likeing it but on the other forum i visit crunk is loathed with a passon. So I just wondered what people thought of it.
lucky arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Aah. It's not bad for parties or if I'm in the mood for some trunk-rattling shit, but I'm kind of over it.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
spanishmoss

spanishmoss grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to spanishmoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zayus

buuuuullshit...you can't go anywhere without hearin' it...if only it were so simple, filter out the shit you don't wanna hear
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM   #6
Dr Zayus
Wu Vatican

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanishmoss
buuuuullshit...you can't go anywhere without hearin' it...if only it were so simple, filter out the shit you don't wanna hear
It is that easy. Stop listening to the radio and put a CD in the whip. Or your discman or ipod or whatever. Strangely enough, no more crunk.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #7
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to Rebel_INS

Its hard to say really you know. People think that Crunk is going to die out pretty quickly, but its whats popular among mainstream listeners right now, so I think itll last a while. But personally I dont like it. The only group I respect out of Crunk is Three 6 Mafia, because they have been around since 1991, and started REAL crunk, the crunk now is FAKE crunk.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:22 AM   #8
4-Bar Killer
criminologyrap

4-Bar Killer grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Its hard to say really you know. People think that Crunk is going to die out pretty quickly, but its whats popular among mainstream listeners right now, so I think itll last a while. But personally I dont like it. The only group I respect out of Crunk is Three 6 Mafia, because they have been around since 1991, and started REAL crunk, the crunk now is FAKE crunk.
True. and off course you don't have to listen to it.. as already mentioned, just put in a cd or something..
Old 02-04-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk

Yea thats true. Because on the radio, they play all that damn garbage. Like that one song, Lean Wit It, wtf?
Old 02-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #10
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

I don't think crunk is as big as it was 2 years ago, now with all these Texas mainstreamers comming out from the screwed and chopped underground it seems like screwed and chopped might be putting a damper on crunk a little bit. Nothing lasts in the mainstream, people are quick to dickride the latest trend until a new trend comes along.

But yo, peep this, what the fuck is up with dem franchize boys dance? Thats how old white people dance
Old 02-05-2006, 02:47 PM   #11
Hayabusa
Veteran Member

Hayabusa grasshopper
Send a message via ICQ to Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
Real Talk... I'm from the south and I don't listen to crunk except for the 666. Good thing I got a great CD collection or my ears would get pulloted by the garbage ass franchise boys, D4L, and other shit that plays on the radio 24/7 around here.

Hayabusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:03 PM   #12
The Antagonist
CHAMILLITARY

The Antagonist grasshopper

It'll die eventually. Yeah, its been around for a while, but not as the dominating force in the mainstream. Personally, i think you just gotta take it for what it is: Club music. When its reffered to as rap or anything more than candy-shit though, thats crossing the line.
The Antagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:16 PM   #13
Rebel_INS
Veteran Member

Rebel_INS shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa
Real Talk... I'm from the south and I don't listen to crunk except for the 666. Good thing I got a great CD collection or my ears would get pulloted by the garbage ass franchise boys, D4L, and other shit that plays on the radio 24/7 around here.
Yea for sure man no doubt. Franchize Boyz and D4L are the gayest of the gay lol
Old 02-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #14
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

such music has long been banished from my reality.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #15
Analyze
Veteran Member

Analyze grasshopper

I think the shit is corny and is pretty much the 69 Boys and 95 South for the new generation. D4L and Franchise Boys is the worst shit to ever be consider "hiphop".

Wu Forever
Analyze is offline   Reply With Quote