news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 02-17-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Shaolin Warrior
Cuban Swordsman

Shaolin Warrior grasshopper

Actually I haven't hearing much crunk music lately. And whatever happened to Lil' Jon? Did he die or something? Not that I miss hearing him everytime I turn on the TV or the radio.
Shaolin Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #32
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proeliator001
Reason for this wack Crunk shit getting all the play on the radio and shit is right here:
By BRIAN ROSS and VIC WALTER

Feb. 16, 2006 — The ride to the top of the charts was an American dream come true for drummer Jake Slichter, of the Minneapolis band Semisonic. The band's song "Closing Time" became the No. 1 tune in the country in 1998.

"We had always been like the little unknown band with songs very few people knew," Slichter told ABC News' Brian Ross.

"I remember the first time we played 'Closing Time' when it was a No. 1 hit," Slichter said as he recalled a concert at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.

"The song sort of starts quietly, and you could feel this sort of peel of screams kind of go back through the crowd," he said. "When I crashed the cymbals on the downbeat of the chorus, you could just feel this incredible, like, tidal wave of energy and it's just like whoosh."

"We have been playing rock music our whole lives. That is that moment," Slichter said. "That is a rock star moment."

'A Chunk of Change'

But as the song started to spread across the airwaves of American radio, from Los Angeles to New York, the new rock star said he was in on one of the secrets of his band's success — payola.

"We definitely benefited from payola," Slichter said. "There is no doubt about it."

Payola, what many authorities would call bribes, is money and gifts that record companies and middlemen give to radio stations to play songs.

"It cost something close to $700,000 to $800,000 to get 'Closing Time' on the air," said Slichter, "to keep it on the air long enough for people, for public taste to really grab on to it, yeah. A chunk of change."

Payola was a multimillion-dollar secret that was out in the open at last week's Grammy festivities in Los Angeles, where a number of recording artists on the red carpet said it was an unfortunate part of the industry.

When asked if he believed if payola still existed in the industry, veteran artist Tony Bennett said, "Absolutely. It costs a lot of money to make something famous."

Grammy nominee Fiona Apple told ABC News, "It's a business about money. People are trying to get what they want done, and they'll pay for it if they've got the money, sure." Apple added that she did not know if payola was responsible for getting any of her work on the airwaves.

Others were also not surprised that payola still existed.

"I think that's been going on a really, really long time," said Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins. "I think back in the '70s, they used to pay people with hookers and cocaine, and now they're just doing it with straight-up money — so they can go out and buy their own hookers and cocaine."
you're just now learning about this?

this is more than likely the reason "back like that" is getting rotation.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Last edited by THE W; 02-17-2006 at 08:32 PM.
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #33
triggahappy187
Veteran Member

triggahappy187 Village Idiot
Default Crunk

Yo some crunk music all right even ya'll have to admit it. 3 6 mafia still hot, the old slim thug, mike jones shit was hot, I like crunk sometimes, but Ya'll remember when the south was on that real gangsta buck shit? that was the shit.

"Shorty gimme more a u, ill take on 4 of u, plus 44 of the 48 laws for u"

"The Future is a mystery, the past is history, today is a
gift thats why its called the present"

Um on 7 Mile Ridin fuckin Dirty

Cass Corridor as well punk

www.forgottenmichigan.com
triggahappy187 is offline   Reply With Quote